Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
voice controlled nacho cheese

Hi Jerry, I had a dream yesterday morning that is somewhat interesting, as far as anything beyond 'shadow work' goes, as far as I can tell.

I was leaving the college library and was walking by the clerk window. Just as I was leaving out the door I thought I saw a book or something special through the clerk window. I backed up to look and saw a pretty woman's face looking toward me or at me.

Then I was in an older woman's car, she was driving me up to a library. We drove slowly up a steepish winding road. A car was going down as we neared the top. When she parked she drove up on the curb a little so the oil pan or bottom of the car scraped the ground. Then she told me about this machine she has near where the radio would be. She said it was something like a voice controlled nacho cheese machine. I was watching the little lights on it light up in response to her talking to me.

I got out of the car and was looking in at the seat through the window. There were little birds kind of in brown balls, maybe chicks. Someone younger said they are stuck in the cheese. They then turned into some kind of spiders and I was a bit repulsed.

The dream ended with me at a friends house watching a movie about a kind of urban fight that was quite brutal.

It is all very shadowy and seems pretty obvious that there is some kind of hatching spirituality that keeps getting stuck and turning into a part of me that is very offensive to my ego. Typically, when I dream of driving up a steep road, I'm with another male. I was in a bit of a mood the night before, I am struggling with some anger. The night before that I dreamed a man shot some geese, and they were laying on the ground after they'd been collected, and a couple of them just got up and flew away.

My best recent dream was a month ago. I was a security agent for Obama, in a limo and a suit. We had to pick him up at the mill, a place of great conflict in my dreams. He was walking along the road, we got out to pick him up and we killed some man. I was given a video game controller and told I had to sort this out myself, it was critical. I had to focus cause I knew it was some kind of dream. I saw a large floating ball made out of rough concrete, I took a small key from it and opened a lock. A receipt printed out of it. A large drawbridge like door opened and I put the receipt in it after some hesitation. The door closed and was pulling in some egyptian pharoah. Then I threw an old worn out bed into a landfill that belonged to an indian couple. The man confirmed I should throw it away. It was interesting. Thanks for listening, I guess I just wanted to give you an update on my "progress". I'm looking foreward to some great dreaming to come.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 Montana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: voice controlled nacho cheese

Sam,
Three aspects of the dream that stand out for me.

One is the feminine aspect, the older woman.

Two is "she told me about this machine"

Three is the dream ended "about a kind of urban fight"

The feminine aspect having to fight the machine. That could very well be a spiritual conflict. It could also be addressing other feminine aspects. The 'wise woman/feminine' taking you to the library. Library would be a place of learning about yourself. An uphill 'drive' that is slowly progressing. The 'machine, what I think of as 'social duty' is in the way of 'hearing what the unconscious', radio, is trying to communicate. The voice controlled machine.

The seat seen through the window is the 'seat' you are in, in your life. Chicks may represent something that are new life, in its infancy, as is the 'someone' younger. Cheese is the fermentation, evolving self. When we add the words 'spiders' and 'repulsed' the spiders symbols may represent self-destructive behavior. Although social duty is a primary barrier to wholeness it is our own self destructive attitudes that are the underlying barrier to achieving wholeness. The fight is with the machine but the machine is also personal, our own attitudes.

The second dream may be addressing 'shadow' issues. Obama may represent that shadow aspect {anyone who is black, of the same gender, could be a shadow aspect}. A place of great conflict.
Self analysis is an act of 'figuring it out yourself'. Killing the masculine. The dream is the unconscious, the true self. Circles/ball is wholeness, and what self analysis seeks to understand/achieve. You have a the key within yourself, the receipt of all that you are. And the basis of who we are is in the 'ancient' confines of the deepest depths of our minds {egyptian pharaoh}. The old worn out bed may be summed up with a quote from Joseph Campbell; "'We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us". The old Indian couple could suggest spiritual/creative aspects, or the natural self {Native Americans are in tune with nature}. When there is wholeness in life even the masculine self will acknowledge the important of balance.

I sense the dreams are speaking to your journey to wholeness, your self analysis, seeking the true self. But it also seems to be addressing the barriers. Those deepest aspects of who you are. I look to childhood for the 'ancient' influences/experiences that govern later life. That could be the shadow in the second dream. Whereas the first dream is focused on the feminine, those aspects that lead to the spiritual/creative/true self, the second dream is focused on the masculine.Self examination is a tool to achieve balance and harmony, and wholeness. You must 'let go of the life', those influences/experiences that govern your psyche,'to have the life', the life you seek.

Typically such dreams would suggest the 'newest' of your journey {approaching mid-life}, and the shadow aspects that are the barriers. The machine is always related to social duty but the inner barriers are as much of a challenge to overcome. As with the argument 'is it nature or nurture', my answer is it is both. Nature, as in the society that you are brought up in, and nurture, the influences/experiences of those earliest years in life.

A lot to think about.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry, I was surprised to hear that you take my image of obama as a shadow. I considered it and it makes sense as the setting was at the mill. I have had a few dreams where an indian acquaintance, often a shadow, has taken on very ironic moral tones. I suspect obama is for me the epitome of that concept, a shadow aspect that has a powerful (president) amount of value to what should be or could be known to my ego. I suspect there is some link there. I can feel my soul coming upon a true mystery. Discipline is one of the discarded prima materia, the overlooked substance, for me.

As an aside, I have been thinking about libertarianism lately. I heard some of Ayn Rand's comments on Mike Wallace, as she said compassion is a thing that hamstrings a person and a nation's success and happiness. I heard that her archetype for this overman was William Hickman, a man who was a serial killer, free of conscience. I don't know how much she attributed her ideas to the influence of Neitzche. Jung related that Neitzche was plauged by bodily and physiological disorders. Of course Jung made the connection that Neitzche had inflated his ego by declaring war on the behavior changing and thought creating influences of the body. I concede that compassion can't always be unconditional, but I wonder if compassion has a close tie to the "sympathetic system", if that is just a coincidence of words, language, or if compassion is something more significant to the human psyche. One more association would be that the anima aspect is more concerned with feelings and healing, which has its relationship to compassion. Seems like it could be a warning from experience that our leaders are embracing the seductive song played by the ego of detachment and, as you say, narcissism, a war on the sympathetic system. As for me I will lend an ear to the anima.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 Montana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Sam,
Those like Ann Rand are so self absorbed on their own needs and cdesires {the definition of narcissism} they believe compassion has little place in the modern world. Economics drive their world with their own pocketbooks the true reason for their selfishness. Yet they use the name of Jesus to support their beguiled thought process while never understanding that Jesus was nothing but compassion. It is all a part of the patriarchal system of the fear, yes even with some women, of the feminine psyche. The contradictions in this 'masculine' world is of a God who can be vengeful, jealous and wrathful and Jesus who was the direct opposite. God lives from the masculine psyche while Jesus is centered in the feminine, balanced with his masculine identity. No wonder organized religion is losing in its efforts to 'baptize' the world.
Praise the Goddess within if there is to ever be a balanced, harmonious life to be lived.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present