Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dreamt i was dying

Hi
I had a terrible dream, i cant remember the whole thing but i was dying of some illness and it was a sudden diagnosis where i had like 3 days to live or something. somehow though they gave me another body to live in for those 3 days so i could see my dead body on a bed with a sheet over it. For those 3 days i could see it starting to rot under the sheet. I cant remember the order but during those 3 days i finished a marathon that i always wanted to run. I also spent time with my mom and my 4 year old daughter was there and i was very sad and crying and hugged her but i knew that i was going to die and had accepted it. Funny thing is my current husband wasnt in the dream, my ex was there with our daughter. eventually i said im tired im going to sleep now knowing that i mmight not wake up and he sat there crying and holding my daughter. Somewhere in the dream my mom was sitting next to my dead body and i asked her doesnt it smell? Also somewhere i had gotten into a car that crashed down a bank but not going fast and my daughter ran to me and i hugged her and we cried and my mom asked what was wrong....but i knew the whole time that my time was running out but i held hope that myabe i wouldnt end up dying and that they were wrong and that i was only feeling tired because i had run a marathon.
Sorry about the mishmash but im trying to just get all the detail in.
Thanks for your help.
michelle

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 Sout Africa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: dreamt i was dying

Michelle,
I'll take a better look at your dream later today. But to set your mind at ease death in a dream is seldom ever about a real death. It is symbolic of something that is ending or changing in your life. A couple of speculate comments to think about that may offer clues to what emotional conflict your dream is trying to communicate to you.
To learn more about how dreams function read A Simple Guide to Dreams.

The 3 days - what in the past, present, or future experiences are relevant to 3 days in your waking life?

It could have to do with your ex-husband in relationship with your 4 year old daughter. Has some part of that relationship 'crashed' in recent days?

"mothers' could be involved in the experience. If not your true mother then you as a mother.

What in your life may involve' time running out'? You may be/have been 'running a marathon' involving this experience and now you feel time is running out. This 'running out of time' may be what the death in your dream is about. Running out of time could be the same as something dying.

If you read this post before I have a chance to provide a more complete analysis commenting on the above may be useful in determining what is 'dying' in your life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi
Thanks for your time.
The 3 days that i had to live was present time in the dream, in other words i was told i would die in 3 days and everything that happened to me happened in those 3 days.
My ex and i have a good relationship and i find it strange that he is there for me in my dream and not my husband.
I do find it stressful my daughter having to go to her dad every second weekend for visitation as she doenst always want to and cries, if that means anything to you?
im wanting to run the comrades marathon next year and my husband is not very supportive about it.

all i can think of for know.
It jsut stands out that i could see my body lying there and slowly rotting of those last few days i had left. all the time i was hoping the dr was wrong and that i would be ok

thanks again

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Michelle,
I do believe the developing pattern of the dream is about the frequent and probably many stresses in your life, and perhaps deep feelings of neglect. The illness may be an 'emotional breakdown' of a sort due to these pressures and emotional conflicts. Has there been a sudden onslaught of stresses in your life of recent, say the past three days prior to the dream?

Your husband not being there would be addressing those times he has he been 'unsupported'. This would be another emotional stress in your life.

Have there been recent bouts with 'low moods' or even depression lately? {'im tired im going to sleep now knowing that i might not wake up'}.

These stresses could be affecting your health. Do you feel run down, perhaps more so of recent? It could be psychologically 'run down'. The marathon could be how you feel about your life. Coming from all different directions.

One other possibility, although slight, is you may have an illness you have not yet become aware. Sometimes dreams will do that but it is rare.Note: Even with an actual body illness, it would be said the dream is acting in a 'compensatory' function.

I would look at the 3 day period, either prior to the dream, or an actual 3 days left for 'some thing' in your life. Or something else that fits with a 3 day period. Death could represent something is coming to an end. Put the two together and see where that leads if you can.

At you age I sense these are current waking life experiences the dream is addressing, the 'literal stresses' in your life, and less about metaphorical references to the deeper psyche {as would be the likelihood with an older person}. Don't worry about actually 'dying in 3 days', dreams rarely make such predictions. dreams compensate, they don't have a habit of predicting the future.

When is the marathon you are wishing t run taking place. 'Comrades marathon'. Comrades is a term that invokes memories of the old USSR. Is there a relationship?

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi

Yes i have constant emotional stress and the last week or so my husband and i are not communicating. I feel like i need to make a decision about how to go forward from here and if it can be fixed.
I definitely feel unsupported.
The comrades marathon is a 90km run that has a history going back 80 years or so i think. Its run yearly in Durban South Africa. I have done it once and its a dream to do it again.

thanks for all your time. I always dream very vivid dreams and this one in fact i woke up about 5 times during it and kept dreaming everytime i went back to sleep.

michelle

Michelle,
It is good that you remember your dreams {we all dream every night- remembering our dreams is the problem}. Dreams are therapeutic in they try to help you resolve emotional issues even when you don't remember your dreams. When yo do wake and have the dream still in focus it can provide information about yourself that can be revealing. If there are aspects that are unknown, forgotten, or repressed then the dream presenting this info will help you better understand all that is involved. The only problem is dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor. Interpreting that language is the task at hand. Whatever the dream's message it will fit somewhere within your life.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present