Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recurring dream about my ex-boyfriend!!!

My boyfriend broke up with me about 2 weeks ago and it is still very heartbreaking for me. I've never really dreamt about him though. 4 or 5 days ago both me and my ex went to the same party. He hung out with me almost the entire time, and he flirted with me quite a bit. To the point where I think he still has feelings for me, which made me happy.

Ever since the party, for the past 4 nights, I've had almost the same dream about him. The first night I dreamt that me and him were walking together and he started to hold my hand, but not like totally holding it, just touching it. Then we'd look at each other for a long time and smile. In the dream I thought "Maybe this means he likes me again." Behind us was one of the girl's/our friend who was also at the party, and I looked back at her and she nodded, like "aw you guys are back together" and I smiled. It felt SOO real.

The next night I dreamt that we were in the car together, and he was again slowly grabbing my hand, but not completely like we did as a couple. Just touching it as if like "I shouldn't be holding your hand since we're not together but I want to.." type thing.

The next night I dreamt that he texted me a few times, and one of the texts asked if we should to get back together. I could perfectly visualize the text how it was in my dream.

Then last night I dreamt that we were under water, LOL.. and that he was again, slowly grabbing/touching my hand and flirting by putting his arm around me for a second. But again, it wasn't like we were a couple where we'd hold hands and walk, in the dreams we knew we weren't dating anymore yet he was beginning to hold my hand and beginning to hug me and stuff.

The things we were doing were the same in each dream, but the setting was different in each. What do these dreams mean? Could it be foreshadowing something?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: san antonio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Recurring dream about my ex-boyfriend!!!

Erin,
Knowing your age would help in understanding your dream. Age does often make a difference when interpreting a dream. I believe from the dream contents I can assume you are a 'younger' person.

Your dreams all seem to be 'wishing' for a re-uniting with your ex-bf. You want him to be in the same 'car' {the car is you, symbolically}. You feel, are hoping he is merely 'holding back' his feelings for you. You want him to 'like' you again. You 'want' him to 'text' you that he wants to get back together with you.

Has he, or you for that matter, suggested the two of you should be 'friends' instead of a 'couple'? There are still feelings but you are unsure how strong his feelings are for you. I see the dreams as 'wishing' for the most from the relationship. These are most likely wish fulfillment dream.

As for the dreams 'foreshadowing something', the only thing it could be foreshadowing would be your emotions. Dreams do not 'forecast', they compensate what you already know. These dreams are 'compensating' your waking mind with the deeper emotional pain you feel. The only way to really determine how 'he' feels {your dreams are about your emotions, they can only tell you how you feel} is to ask him or by letting time determine the outcome.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I am 16 years old.

You made a good point with how dreams don't "forecast" anything. And that the only thing dreams represent are the dreamer's emotions. Having said that, I believe that dreams can tell you something you don't quite know, yet subconsciously do. Maybe I subconsciously know he still has feelings for me, and the dreams are just reinforcing what I already believe. Yet in real life, outside the dream world, I'm not going around confidently thinking he does for sure. Maybe the dreams are my subconscious telling me that I do, deep down, know he still has feelings for me. Which in turn can mean that in real life, he does.

It is very very true what you said that I know that the feelings are there, but I just don't know how strong they are. I didn't realize that until now. Maybe the dreams are just reminding me of how I personally perceive the relationship.

But then again I don't know if your subconscious is always right. We have agreed to remain friends, and not in a couple, but that was back when we split up, and we haven't mentioned it since.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: San Antonio, TX

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Erin,
You have an astute sense about yourself and 'subconscious' dwellings. If I can make a suggestion that will serve you well in the future it would be to always trust those 'intuitive' feelings. Often these are senses are related to the 'subconscious' {Freud's "preconscious" and Jung's "personal unconscious", are what are thought of as the subconscious. The subconscious is that which can be brought into consciousness, but isn't currently there}. Of course we at the Dream Forum subscribe to the Jungian point of view.

I sensed you possessed feelings about your ex-bf but you were unsure about how strong they were. That may be due to the surety of his feelings. Your strong 'mental' capacity to discern between true feelings and simple infatuation serves you well and shows in your response. For a 16 year old you show maturity beyond your years. Hold on to that and all will fall into place in love and life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present