Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Edible Wizard

I am wondering about the symbolism of the wizard - as it occurred in the following dream:

I won - with another woman - the consolation prize in a competition. The prize was a dinner at a very prestigious Italian restaurant. Our co-guest was a food critic involved in judging the competition.

When we sat down to eat I noticed there really wasn't much food at our end of the table. So when the guests at the other end of the table went to buy a drink I ventured up their end and filled my plate. My plate was filled with a large home made Italian sausage that formed a spiral on my plate. When I cut into, and tasted the sausage, I realised that I didn't really like it; I gave it to the food critic who was sitting next to me. I noticed this food critic to be more attractive than I had previously noticed.

I was then distracted by the return of the guests at the other end of the table. I was then shocked to realise that they were another group - and was embarrassed that I had taken their food. I apologised and one man remarked; "I'm pretty sure I will get over it." (That is, he wasn't even slightly worried about it - most especially as they had already eaten.)

I then attempted to return the remains on my plate to this man. The remains were a small edible wizard (Some kind of doll shaped novelty food I guess.)As I tried to return it on my fork, its head fell off. So I retuned the body and then returned the head which had a small blue hat on.

Your comments are greatly appreciated. (PS I have been watching an ongoing cooking competition TV program that has, no doubt, influenced the content of this dream.)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Edible Wizard

Anne,
Watching the cooking competition definitely seems to have influenced your dream. But what is cooking probably has more to do with 'what is cooking within you emotionally' than the program itself.

Food often symbolizes nourishment, emotional nourishment. This may be where the 'competition' comes into play. The other woman is you, a critical aspect who is judging your emotions. What would be the competition in your waking life? Perhaps you are being asked by the dream to make a sound judgement about this aspect, an experience that is addressing some type of emotional nourishment.

Your 'emotional' plate is near empty. You are testing/tasting other possibilities that may provide the emotional nourishment you seek. What at first looks good is found to be lacking when examined deeper. Your critical side is in play and is something you should give more appreciation to {pay attention to intuitive feelings-they are always right}.

In your waking life you may have some type of guilt, something that involves a need to apologize for. Have you been involved with someone who 'belongs' to another? You may not have known this was the case originally.

The 'remains' may be what remains of your feelings involving this emotional experience. It could involve a real man in your life. There may be aspects about this person that you feel are weak and if you are not 'diplomatic' in your approach there may be 'heads' that fall off {emotionally speaking}.

This masculine aspect man could represent your own masculine qualities. If these masculine qualities are weak then the emotional aspect may suggest you need to be concerned about your own head. The hat may indicate something is being covered up. Look to your emotions.

Is there a 'real' man who is involved in emotional nourishment you seek/need? If not then 'he' would represent your won masculine qualities involving other experiences where those qualities were weak. 'He' could very well represent both, a real man and your own masculine qualities.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks J. Just want to think a while about these complex possibilities before I respond more fully.

Anne

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

There have always been issues with my emotional life...in so far as I have a dominant thinking rather than a feeling function.

I am, at this time, a single mother rather isolated from an emotional life apart from those related to my son. So, yes my plate is empty....

However, the aspect of your response that seemed to ring most true - at least immediately - was in terms of my remaining "diplomatic" in situations that warrant an explosion of anger....I work hard - perhaps incorrectly - at keeping the peace in the context of being acrimoniously separated from my son's father - for the sake of my son. This has not been psychologically productive for me. Most especially as, yes, I perceive the father as unbalanced. Placating an "unbalanced person" has taken its toll (rendered me unbalanced?). And, yes, all this anger remains "under my hat".

Perhaps I am wondering how developing my masculine qualities help psychological situation?

(Sorry for delay)

A.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present