Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
interpretation

I dreamt that I was in a house with three rooms I went into each room and saw that they were clean,smiled at my children who in the dream felt like my sisters. I turned around and went back to my room where I had been told to pack by my mother. My mother gave me two guns to pack in my suitcase and one to put into my pocket. The guns were for protection but I didnt know from whom. I was beeing sent on a trip, I dont know where but I knew it was to tell something about someone. Everything was being done to protect me. I wondered how I would get the guns on the plane. Should I tell the pilot before I get on I wondered?As I was leaving home I could see out of the upstairs window that a dock had been placed in front of the house, again for my protection. It was there so that I could get right into the car safely. During the entire dream, I felt no fear or danger.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 South Dakota

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: interpretation

Wanda,
This dream seems to be addressing issues related in a small way to current affairs but the primary focus being on childhood experiences that have been 'locked' away. The current affairs would be in relationship to 'guns' on an airplane {the strict search when boarding a plane}. That could have a relationship to childhood years where there was a 'strict' upbringing. But the primary focus does seem to be on childhood experiences that may have a direct bearing on who you are today, especially personality traits/issues.

Breaking Down the Dream
A house in a dream is a universal symbol depicting the dreamer. The house is you. In this house, you, there are three aspects to be explored. In each of these you find a normal life {clean, smiling}. The inclusion of your children has a two fold intent. One is the relationship with your own children and you as an adult. The second is you as a child and a relationship or experiences shared with your sisters. These rooms are clean and that is a positive. But there is another room, another aspect of your life/psyche that has to do with motherhood. This too may have a two fold intent, your own mother and you as a mother.

My experience in working with dreams, when children are present and statements like that of 'my children felt like my sisters would indicate the dream is primarily about your childhood, your children are your sisters. The clean rooms are a part of that early life but in turn there were influences/experiences that are not as 'clean' and perhaps something you are unable to smile about. These experiences would most likely involve your real mother. You may need to explore that relationship to understand the full impact of the dream message.

Anything behind you is usually a reference to the past and/or unconscious contents {turning around and going back}. This particular room, an aspect of your psyche, is 'directed/influenced' by your mother. Packing your suitcase is the baggage in your life that has been 'packed' from experiences. The three guns
are key to understanding what issues are in conflict {dreams are about emotional conflicts and attempt to help resolve those issues}. Two of the guns are 'to be' placed in the suitcase/baggage and the third into your pocket. They are for protection. But it is unknown from what they are protecting you from.

Before we try to discern what the guns represent let's focus on the 'protection'. Everything is being done to protect you. But these things are unknown. My sense is this is protection of the unconscious kind, an experience in early life that you are unconsciously protecting yourself from so not to have to confront an emotional conflict, most likely during childhood. If your conscious mind does not 'know' then you do not have to endure any emotional pain associated with these experiences. The 'telling something about someone' is a communication from your unconscious. The protection is not having to confront those issues. This is what dreams do, provide us with information about ourselves that need to be brought o consciousness o a healing can take place. As long as it remains unconscious the longer it will have an unconscious influence on your life. Although it may be hidden deep in the unconscious it usually has some influence on you and your life. The dream message may be a comment about the relationship/experiences with your mother but at the same time saying something about you as another. Early life influences greatly form who you are as an adult. Recent studies show that the psyche of a child is formed by the age of six. Those early life influences remain throughout life.

The Guns
The symbolic representations of the guns are key to understanding what emotional issues are being addressed in your dream. The standard meaning of a gun is usually associated with anger and/or aggression. The 'Freudian' mind would see it as a symbol for the penis, or sexual aspects. Look back at your childhood and determine whether the gun fits with any sexual experiences. Because these experiences have been 'packed' away it may not be readily recognizable upon a cursory inspection. But at your age I would think such issues would have already surfaced. You would have an idea what they are if there are such issues.

'everything was done to protect me". This could be language for an unconscious repression but could also be a true statement. The 'strictness' I mentioned boarding an airplane along with this statement may be addressing an strict childhood. And since there were not any feelings of danger in the dream the guns may be saying something about aggression you feel about your childhood. Are you raising your children in the same way you were raised? This may represent guilt feelings, aggression toward yourself. Remember the influences from childhood.

But there could be an opposite representation to the protection. Since there are not any feelings of danger in the dream the words may be a comment on how 'different' you are raising your children compared to your childhood. Examine these possibilities to determine their relevance.

The trip you are taking and 'do not know where to' may represent your 'trip' life. Dreams speak in symbol and metaphor and the images are seldom literal interpretations. The pilot in your dream would be that person who has control over your life {control of your destination in life}. That would normally be yourself. But in early life it would be the parents as well as strong emotional influences/experiences that leave an imprint on your psyche. My sense is this pilot is your own 'higher' self, the regulating aspects that help form who you are, how you think and act in later life. The 'wondering' whether to tell the 'pilot' about the guns would be your unconscious wanting to disclose to your conscious mind the 'aggressive' aspects the guns may represent.

The upstairs window would be a view from the mind, the thinking conscious aspects {basements would symbolize the unconscious}. The dock is a bridge between the unconscious and conscious. The 'front of the house/you' may represent the ego self, the persona/personality. But it could also be a statement about bringing unconscious contents to the 'front', to conscious realization. It could be doing both {dreams usually address more than one aspect of the life using the same symbols}. Again, a bridge between unconscious to the conscious.

The car is also you, the vehicle that carries you in the direction you are 'destined' for in life. All of life's experiences/influences, especially early life and traumatic experiences, have a say in what your destination is. Seldom is it happenstance that governs the life {one exception is what Jung called Synchronicity, chance occurrences that come about in life}.

'All this is done for your protection'. There is not a feeling of danger from the dream. A relatively good childhood but one aspect that was not so 'clean'. My sense is the dream is dealing with how you were brought up and those influences on your psyche as an adult. The 'smile at my children who felt like my sisters' indicate associations to your childhood and your own children. Most likely your children are now adults. Unless the 'guns' packed away have to do with sexual aspects I would then turn to childhood upbringing and any 'aggressive' attitudes there. Something may have recently caused you to think about such experiences. Because you are still in the late mid-life years it may be a natural process that comes with that stage of life. I would think if there were sexual aspects the dream would have had a different feeling, other than 'I felt no fear or danger'. But again anything that was so traumatic that caused it to push the experience deep into the unconscious may not be recognized as a danger.

I leave it up to you to put the pieces together.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,
Thank you so much for your interpretation of my dream. I grew up in the church of God in Christ and every since I can remember, the Pastor would say things that made me believe that he was a really close friend of God. He mentioned several times in his messages, about incidents where people have tried to do or say something mean to him and God dealt with them harshly, needlessly to say I feared him. The pastor was not a good man. This pastor molested so many young girls and he tried with me with fondling and tried to kiss me with his tong when I was around 10. I told my older brother and he set out to protect me. In my childish heart and mind, I was of the opinion that if this man worked for God, why would I want or need anyone who needed this pastor. I had no use for God! The good news is that God found me and brought me back; but, I still worry and wonder about the others. What I have never told anyone is that this pastor also went after divorced and widowed vulnerable woman, and my mom was one. I woke up one night and heard him in my mom’s bedroom. I heard things that I should not have. I had forgotten all about this, until your interpretation. I had therapy as an adult, but I still was unable to tell anyone, even after my mother’s death. Thank you

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 South Dakota

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Wanda,
I'll give your response a deeper look, along with your other dream, in the morning. I do appreciate the idea I helped you remember past experiences since those emotional issues likely remain a factor in your life. Understanding and addressing those issues until there is a resolution is what the dream attempts to do, a therapeutic device provided by nature to help healing, much like the immune system is to the body. From your response there are a lot of serious issues that could remain in emotional conflict. Hopefully a deeper look at the dream along with your response will provide clearer insights to their significance.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present