Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Picking up coins with a friend

Hello! I haven't posted here in a while, but I have a recurring dream that I was wondering if you could shed a little light on...

I've had this dream 5 or 6 times now, and it does not change much from one dream to the next.

In it, I am gathering up coins with a very dear friend of mine (male). Sometimes the coins are gold, sometimes silver, sometimes both. In a couple of dreams, I am handing the coins to this friend of mine. And in the other dreams, we are putting the coins together in a basket. There is absolutely no emotion in this dream.

Thank you!

Angie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Minnesota

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Picking up coins with a friend

Angela,
Your dream 'coins' could represent three very distinctive bur related aspects in your life. Coins in general can symbolize missed opportunities in life, valuable opportunities that on looking back you may wish you had taken advantage of.

Gold coins often represent 'emotional wealth', fortunes of the emotions you are seeking to make your life whole.

Silver coins would represent values of the spiritual kind. Not only to do with spiritual values but also with the soul. What is it you seek that would please the soul?

The male would be a vital clue. Affairs of the heart/soul would the logical place to look. But 'he' could also represent your own masculine aspects. If there are religious aspects involved the 'he' would be God.

The male in the dream is a friend which suggests positive aspects. Handing the coins as well as putting the coins 'together' in a basket suggests a need/desire to share your 'coins'. No emotion in the dream may suggest that is what is lacking in your life when it comes to the coins {symbolic coins}.

Look at your romantic life to determine the relationship to the coins and the positive male. If you are involved in a 'positive' relationship aspects that would be the metaphor of the symbol to the waking life. If not then 'adding' a relationship would be a positive.

At mid-life, a time when we begin to look back and reflect, spiritual matters often become important. Masculine aspects of seeking or living with strong spiritual principles could be included in the dream coins {self worth}. In Western religions which are patriarchal the male God is emphasised.

The dream could be addressing more than one 'emotional' issue in your life and is why I included the different possibilities. But my sense is it has to do with masculine relationships. Because it is a recurring dream I suspect it has to do with a 'desire' to have that positive masculine role to 'fulfill' your life. Sharing your life with a male. But again on a lesser emotional aspect the spiritual could also be involved {sometimes both}.

Are you in a search for masculine fulfillment. And/or a search for spiritual fulfillment?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Wow...very interesting...

The friend in the dream is actually someone I'm attracted too, but we are only friends. He has become a sort of spiritual teacher for me also. I do look up to him. He also does carry the positive aspects of my masculine side.

I have been seeking both spiritual things and relationship. I have a strong desire to find a spiritual "match." Truly, I am in search of both.

Thank you :)
Angie

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Angie,
Thanks for your follow up response. It all does seem to fit. Your attraction to the friend as well as the spiritual. Are you Christian, Jewish or Muslim? That may account for the masculine attraction in your spiritual life since all three are patriarchal religions.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I was brought up Christian, but I no longer practice any religion. I have, however, spent some time studying male/female and also sun/moon aspects and relationships this past year.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present