Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Up and down stairs to get to China?

This was an interesting one and short.

I found myself on a staircase trying to escape somebody or something. I had a feeling that "we" were trying to get away, but I did not actually see anyone else. I went up the stairs to a little room that was my bedroom. It was very light but also stark...just a single bed with white blankets. I saw a door that I opened and started going down some spirals stairs where I "knew" they would lead me to China (and the people there) and safety.

I woke up before I got to the bottom of the staircase.

Angie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Minnesota

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Up and down stairs to get to China?

Angie,
What emotional issue are you trying to escape {I had a feeling}? Not seeing anyone could suggest something that is hidden within the unconscious. Or/and, it is something 'unseeable'. Going upstairs may suggest the thinking process. The little room would be a small part of your psyche. The bedroom may suggest something that is 'private'. The bed could symbolize 'intimate' aspects. The door open to 'going down' spiral stairs may represent 'repressed' thoughts. China, which is a part of the orient may represent the 'eastern way'.

Have you recently investigated new spiritual ideas? The Eastern way would be Eastern spiritual philosophies. Has this been a part of your spiritual search? The thinking self would originally be defined by early life spiritual experiences which would require you to repress other spiritual possibilities. It could be hard to openly express 'new age' ideas {in actuality Eastern philosophies are older than Western religions} especially if your family/friends are Christian. In your previous dream you state you were seeking for a spiritual 'match'. This dream could be a continuance of that spiritual search. In Eastern philosophy God is unseeable, unknowable. In Buddhism, and in Christian Gnosticism, God is 'within' and does not need to be brought in.

We want to think about God.
God is a thought.
God is an idea.
But its reference is to something that transcends all thinking.

He is beyond being!
Beyond the category of being and non-being!
Is He or is He not?
...Neither is, nor is not.

Every god -- Every mythology -- Every religion is true in this sense;
It is true as metaphorical of the human and cosmic mystery.
"He who thinks he knows, doesn't know."
"He who know that he doesn't know, knows."

There is an old story that is still good;
The story of the "quest" -- the spiritual quest.
That's to say, to find the inward thing, which you basically are.

All of these symbols refer to you...
Have you been reborn?
Have you died to your animal nature and come to life as a human incarnation?

You are God in your deepest identity!

You are one with the transcendent.

Joseph Campbell- The Power of Myth

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you...there are some thing that resonate with me here, but I have to think some more on it before I respond.

Angie

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

This one took me a while. Sometimes, when I am deep in it, I cannot see. I had spent quite some time struggling with the feeling of being alone, and I also spent much of my time trying to avoid being alone.

I do have difficulty expressing to my family my ideas to my family, as they are Christian, and they struggle with the fact that I do not go to church and do not raise my children this way, even though this is how I have lived my life for about 10 years or so.

Angie,
Thanks for the response. 'Not seeing' could be the conscious attitude when you are deep in thought. But it could also be addressing 'not seeing' why you have the feeling of 'being alone'. The underlying causes for such feelings are not by coincidence {if the condition is psychological and not a physical condition of chemical imbalance}. Avoiding being alone suggests something psychological. Look back at your childhood and/or later life experiences that may have had a defining influence on your life and see what might be there that would cause you to feel in such a manner {spending much of your time trying to avoid being alone}.

As for the spiritual aspects. Not being Christian, is there other spiritual aspects you believe in? Some Eastern philosophies tend to think of God as 'unseeable, unknowable in a human concept. But your declining not to raise your children in the Christian religion does not mean you are not spiritual. Eastern spiritual philosophies, especially Buddhism, would be closer to the primitive mind and 'going down the spiral stairs' may suggest deeper psyche experiences. Of course I based the whole idea of spirituality on the word 'China' from the dream.

Let me look at your recent posted dream and see what is in it that may provide clues to this dream.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you.

I have become a spiritual sponge in the last few years. I love exploring everything. I am especially drawn to the native American and other nature type spirituality. Eastern philosophies are also a draw for me.

As for the avoiding being alone, I have to think about that some more.

Angie
Thank you.

I have become a spiritual sponge in the last few years. I love exploring everything. I am especially drawn to the native American and other nature type spirituality. Eastern philosophies are also a draw for me.

As for the avoiding being alone, I have to think about that some more.

okay...for the feeling alone part...Most of my life, I have never felt anxiety about being alone. I crave the time I have by myself. I even have had this vision of me in the future as an old woman who is content with her life, and everything feels peaceful about this, and there is no man in this vision of mine. Then, this spring, I began dating, and it was during this time that I suddenly "felt" all alone and lonely.

Since this dream, I have been able to make some peace with that feeling, but it has not gone completely away.

Angie

Angie,
Sorry for taking longer than promised getting back to you. 'Social duty', my day job, requires a lot of my time and mental energies. I try not to interpret dreams when the social energies overload my intuitive senses.

My sense is the feeling of being alone probably comes from an 'inner' void from early life experiences. That could fit with your statement from your other posted dream Bear, "but in childhood, he worked a lot and did not seem very interested in me or my brother and sister". From studies we are beginning to better understand how lack of early life with parents affects adult emotions and even behavior. When you began dating again {at mid-life} you may have stimulated emotions that had associations with your father. That would need deeper examination but the two could be related.

As for the spiritual aspects, especially the reference to China. The observation in my interpretation could be correct, China indeed had associations to your study of Eastern philosophies. Eastern spirituality has a lot in common with Native American spirituality {see Chief Seattle's Famous Letter To President Grant} in that they recognize the importance of accepting nature as a part of our being, unlike Western religions which preach God, man and nature are separate. Going down the spiral staircase' is your 'ascending to the depths of the unconscious', and with such conscious study of Eastern and Native American spirituality there is a recognizition of inner 'archetypal truths'. One of those truths is that nature and man are not separate and your introduction to Eastern philosophy would have stimulated your own natural inner truths about spirituality. When you associate yourself with Eastern philosophy you 'safety' {from the bear dream "I saw a door that I opened and started going down some spirals stairs where I "knew" they would lead me to China (and the people there) and safety'}.

The spirituality issues seems to be clarified. The reason for your feeling alone needs more examination. There may be deeper associations to 'men' and relationships due to early life experiences. That could require a resolution to the emotional conflicts if true.

Jerry

Thank you Jerry and sorry for taking so long to reply. You always have such great insight, and I thank you for assisting me with this. I have come upon some things that very much relate to what you are saying about feeling alone. You've been a great help :)

Thank you,
Angie

stats from 7-14-10 to the present