Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shark attack

Ok, I don't quite remember the entire dream, it flowed from one thing to the next, but here is one part I remember.

I am swimming in a lake (the water is very clear, the bottom of the lake itself is fairly featureless, mud with a few plants here and there), there are people swimming with me though I am off by my myself (none of these people are anyone specific that I know)

As I am swimming around I notice two of my group, a boy and girl, are giggling and chasing something around under the water. Intrigued, I put my head underwater to see what it is. I see a shark darting around in a cleft to avoid their feet. It looks like a miniature great white (gray on top, white on the bottom with the typical mouth full of teeth permanently ajar). I shout out to warn them and toss my goggles to the girl. Unconcernedly she puts them on and starts looking around underwater. Im not sure if she provokes or wanders near the shark, but the shark rushes forward and bites her face, there is a struggle and when it is over the girl is no where to be seen. I rush forward (i think another guy is with me) and grab the sharks mouth and start to pull it apart, the girl is inside. the shark is strangely inanimate and feels like rubber or plastic. I pry the mouth agape but there is some sort pf secondary cover, like a cinched trash bag, that prevents me from seeing down the throat. I then start to tear the shark in two, I see a blackened (as if burned) grasping hand stick out from the mouth as someone attenpts to crawl out (in my mindset the specific identity of the individual is no longer important, im not even sure if it's still the same girl). I think we, or I, reach forward and help her out as the shark continues to get torn in two. The person that emerges is black all over, as if they were severely burned and is wearing rags, I dont remember if they had a face or if I caught a glimpse of their face, then the dream moves on to some other event.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 nyc

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Shark attack

Jon,
As with many dreams of a young adult the task is to determine if the dream is primarily focused on 'inner' emotional aspects or recent outer experiences, or both. Your dream seems to fit the 'both' category.

The beginning paragraph suggests you are exploring possibilities in your life looking for something that may fill a particular need and desire. There is a conflict in the exploration. The small shark may represent you. There also seems to be elements involving foundations, experiences/influences and perhaps inherent traits that have formed your personality.

The shark is likely as aspect of yourself, your personality. This may be a 'threatening' aspect swimming around in your unconscious. Being small it is capable of growing {mud with few plants, an unconscious environment where there is room for growth}. With permanently teeth it may be an aspect, if not controlled or diminished, turn into something that is uncontrollable.

There is a 'feminine' aspect involved that is involved in a struggle. My sense is this is an inner experience, feminine qualities within your psyche, as well as an outer {actual experiences involving females}. It is an experience that you are struggling with. The inner aspect may be a part of your persona {face} that diminishes this feminine aspect {an event where you perhaps lost of your emotions} . You have a hard time recognizing these inner aspects even when they are evident in outer experiences {you display these traits without realizing it}. If we were to look into your deep psyche we would see this 'blackened' part of you. The 'burned' part may be alluding to 'being burn' in love and romance.

I sense the dream is addressing waking life involvement with the opposite sex {the outer feminine I alluded to}. But is also seems to be addressing inner feminine qualities that at times are lost due to inner struggles. Are there struggles with involvement with women in your life? If so it may be due to early life experiences/influences with females. You are having conflicting emotions about the 'feminine' in your life, probably involving the outer waking experiences as well as the inner feminine qualities that affect personality {this part may be what you have a hard time 'seeing'}.

If you will provide feedback perhaps we will be able to better understand the 'divisions' of the feminine in your life. Do any of the above comments fit with your life, something you can recognize? As I stated early on it is more difficult to determine what a younger person's dreams are focused because of the 'inner/outer' possibilities {the inner aspects most often a primary focus of an older adult, the outer aspects the focus of a younger person}. Because your dream seems to be addressing both it is even more difficult to determine which is which {not an excuse to avoid a definite interpretation of your dream}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present