Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The night before 9/11.

On Sept. 10, 2001, the night before 9/11, I had the following dream that kept waking me up ALL NIGHT LONG! I had the exact same dream 10 or more times. I would wake up look at the clock, note the time, go back to sleep have the dream again, wake up and so on and so on. Here's the dream:
The dream starts with my youngest grandson and I sitting in our seats flying on a commercial jet airliner. The plane is going though some very bad turbulence and is bouncing up and down so violently it throws us out of our seats and into the isle. I pick myself up, pick him up, put him back in his seat and then I sit down in mine. We sit there for a few more seconds bouncing up and down and then are bounced out into the isle again. This happens four or five times before I decide to put our seat-belts back on so we won't bounce out into the isle again. As soon as I fasten our seat-belts for the last time, I feel such an overwhelming sense of "TERROR" it causes me to wake up. And like I said, I have this dream ALL NIGHT LONG! OVER & OVER & OVER! The next day IS 9/11. About two weeks later I am watching Katy Couric on the "TODAY" show and she is interviewing several people who lost their twin in the collapse of the towers. At the end of the interview she turns to a man she had already spoken to and said, "I heard you had a premonition about 9/11 the night before. I heard you had a dream." To which he replied yes and then described it. He said his dream was nothing but total and complete blackness and silence. And it was so frighting, so "TERRORIZING" it kept waking him up ALL NIGHT LONG! OVER & OVER & OVER! If he was in New York when he had his dream and I believe he was, we were having the same exact ~"experiance"~ a thousand miles apart.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Smyrna, TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No?

Re: The night before 9/11.

Hey Arnold,
Good to hear from you {an 'old' classmate in high school}. Hope life is treating you well.

9/11 premonitions are not unusual, I 'believe' I may have had them myself. There is the belief that the 'universal psyche' can access vibrations to future events if those vibrations are so strong they osculate in 'emotional waves' the individual can pick up on. I have yet to form a 'concrete' opinion about such possibilities, in which case I tend to take the position 'they can not be dismissed'.

But as someone who works with dreams using Jungian psyche {a science} I tend to take an objective view to the probabilities. If you look back at that period of time in your personal life you may discover emotional 'events' that would explain the dream. The images, including your youngest grandson, would symbolic of different aspects of yourself and life. I will breakdown some of the symbols to illustrate my point.

Grandson- Seeing your grandson in your dream {both of you are males} may represent the renewal of life and reflection of your own past. Alternatively you may be expressing a desire to escape from your daily responsibilities and problems. Also consider recent waking life experiences with your grandson prior to the dream may have been a stimulus to include him as a symbolic reference to an aspect of your psyche

Commercial Jet Airliner- The 'commercial' aspect could fit with escaping from responsibilities and problems of 'social obligations'. An airliner/airplane could symbolize a search for freedom. The jet may signify speed.

Turbulence- This would represent turburlance in your emotional life, either/and unconscious/conscious.

Pushing Grandson Back in Seat- Along the lines as the symbols representing aspects of yourself, the 'pushing back' may suggest some aspect of the this inner aspect that needs/requires 'pushing back into its place'.

Putting Seat Belts Back-on For Last Time- At our age, not only is renewal a common theme but also is death. Time is getting short and the 'rush' {jet} to escape the 'obligations' of the social kind {the dragons in life} are 'pushing' us to get things done before time runs out. The obligations are affecting/pushing that one last chance.

Terror- Life is a terror when we think about the sorrows in life. That is something no one can escape, especially as we get older and friends and family make the final transition before us. The Buddhist proverb 'life is all sorrowful' would fit with this reality.

Same Experience- Perhaps merely a co-incidence, both of you having the same late mid-life experiences. How old was this man Couric was interviewing? Or perhaps both having the same premonition.

Look back at the period prior to 9/11 and see if the symbolic images could be addressing the possibilities I have outlined. It may well fit. It doesn't mean the premonition isn't plausible. Both are possibilities. As I have stated time and again, our dreams usually have at least two meanings. Usually one is not about premonitions {dreams compensate what we already know, whether it be consciously/unconsciously} but in a world were many unknowns are not knowable, anything is possible.

You do realize Arnold it is only another 7 years before we celebrate our 50th class reunion {having celebrated our 40th in 2008}. In that light perhaps we should look at time as being really, really short. The rush is on to make the most of it. I know I often feel this way, especially since I have discovered my bliss but still have the 'social dragons' to 'slay'.

'Life is but a metaphor'

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present