Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Earthquake

Hello Jerry. Hope all is well with you. Last night I dreamed that I was outside on my way into my house (in real life I live in a apartment). As I was walking in all the trees started falling apart. Limbs were simply falling of the tress all around me. They tall and lush but falling apart. Looking up at them as the limbs fell that they were vibrating. I made it into the house and some of my family was inside. I asked what's going on? We all ran outside. All the homes on the block were made of brick. Along with the tress falling apart and vibarting so were the houses. Bricks were just crubbling down to the ground. Some how we (my family and I) determinded that we were having an earthquake. Then, my housestarted to vibrate & crumble. We made it out but barely. That's all I remember. There was more details but as the day progressed I forgot most of them. I know this isn't something good.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Westland, MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Feamle

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes.

Re: Earthquake

Hi Deana,

If this were my dream, I would associate it with the Tower in the Major Arcana of the Tarot deck. I see a crisis of some sort, either happening now or in the near future in my life and it having to do with personal relationships since it was my family in the dream with me. However, I don't see this dream as bad per se since things sometimes get shook up really crazy and, then, change for the better...I just can't always see the good that can come out of the shake-up until the chaos settles and the new configuration takes shape.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63, Oakland, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? NO

Deana,
As Jeanna suggests, there is a crisis of some sorts the dream is addressing. The title of the subject 'Earthquake' would indicate this. As with a real earthquake there is 'violent shaking' in your emotional life.

The dreams opens with you 'going inwards' {I was outside on my way into my house}. This suggests an 'unconscious' look at your psychological/emotional condition as it was at the time you had the dream. This is what dreams do.

The tree is you, that positive self that supports personal growth. Those positive/prosperous aspects are 'falling apart'. This would represent 'parts' of your life are falling apart. The dream seems to be addressing an 'emotional crisis' is currently occurring in your life {or at the time of the dream}? It is capable of affecting your whole 'foundations'.

Going back outside reflects the emotions on the inside. You may have trouble holding the emotions in {Bricks were just crumbling down to the ground}.

The commentary at the end of the dream suggests this emotional crisis may not 'yet' be evident {an unconscious crisis that has yet to fully be recognized by your conscious mind}. The 'in and out' of the conscious/unconscious may indicate an emotional crisis that has yet to fully be consciously realized. Unless there is a current conscious emotional event/experience in your waking life, such an unconscious event would suggest issues from your past that beginning to, or are threatening to, come to consciousness. Are there strong past emotional experiences that are capable of resurfacing due to contributing circumstances in your waking life? What experiences are capable of causing such an 'earthquake' in your life? There may be current events/experiences that are lending to these past emotional conflicts.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

You and Jerry were on the money. Seems this thing from my past has officially reared it's ugly head once again today. Jerry, The subconcious never ceases to amaze me. When I read your response you made me remember a fleeting thought that was suggestive to this situation arising once again. At the time that thought was so small I'd completely forgotten it. Jenna, you are right. It can be hard to see good within a crisis. Perhaps good will finally come after going through the storm to get to the sunnier side of the street this time. Thank you both.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Feamle

You and Jenna were on the money. Seems this thing from my past has officially reared it's ugly head once again today. Jerry, The subconcious never ceases to amaze me. When I read your response you made me remember a fleeting thought that was suggestive to this situation arising once again. At the time that thought was so small I'd completely forgotten it. Jenna, you are right. It can be hard to see good within a crisis. Perhaps good will finally come after going through the storm to get to the sunnier side of the street this time. Thank you both.

Deana,
I couldn't agree more. The unconscious is very much a vast unexplored 'land' holding 'secrets' not only of a personal 'nature' but also a collective. Once there is a recognition of an emotional conflict {in your case 'not remembering' certain emotional experiences/events} the dreamer can set a path to resolving such issues. It is the recognition/understanding of the emotional energies that are in conflict that the dream is trying to communicate through our dreams. I have elaborated on this theme in my post '
The Unconscious World of Dreams
'.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present