Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blackberries, Ipads and the New Age of Doing Business

On a related issue concerning the 'new age' technology. As many of you know my 'day job' is as a fence contractor {it is actually my son's business having bestowed it to him several years ago}. I started the business 33 years ago and have benefited from a steady income from it since then, even in bad economic times. But this year has been different. Business has gotten much better. Part of it is definitely to do wit the spiritual approach I have toward doing business. WWJD, deeds speak louder than words. I live by this code and 'naturally' it works.

But there is something new that has affected business. In these days of terrible economic strain on so many people the new technology has proven to paramount in doing business. More and more people are throwing away their Yellow Pages and using the internet, their computers, their Blackberries, and Ipads to access information. This has greatly benefited our business, including our new operations in Orlando. So much so our sales are up 20 to 30% from last year {last year our gross sales were up slightly from 2009} and probably doubled our sales from 2009. In Middle Tennessee just about any category involving fence in a 'Google' search has us listed on the first or second page. This is free advertisement and eliminates the need for yellow page advertisement {which saves $10 to $20 thousand dollars a year if we were to advertise in Nashville and the 5 surrounding counties}.

As for Orlando {Gifford Fence Orlando} which is in its FIRST full year of operations a search for 'wood fences' finds us on page 3 of Google rankings. A search for aluminum fences finds us on the second page. PVC {vinyl privacy} fence has on the first page. Orlando is a huge market compared to Middle Tennessee and this is just our first year. Credit my son for doing a wonderful job. But I take credit for his being my son.

There is a quote from Bill Gates about operating a successful business in the new millennium that holds a great truth.
There will be two types of business
Those on the internet
And those out of business

Now let me state how 'we' got 'to this positioning' with search engines as it has to do not only with our fence business but also with my Myths-Dreams-Symbols website. For the fence business it has a lot to do with quality service and product. With Myths-Dreams-Symbols the popularity has a lot to do contents, quantity of pages as well as quality. But the recent increased rankings has as much to do with 'linking' from other websites, blogs and other internet creations. Yahoo has Myths-Dreams-Symbols with 8,499 'in-links. This is a lot of outside attention and it pays off.

Myths-Dreams-Symbols

Over the past 13 years in which MDS has had an internet presence I have accumulated links from many sources and resources. Many websites link to the 100+ pages I have created on Jungian psychology, a topic subject that has grown in popularity because of his many discoveries into the psyche. The Dream Dictionary alone has accumulated hundreds of links. The Dream Forum is has a first page ranking. Google has MDS ranked #3 under Dream Psychology and MDS has the first two positions under Dream Psyche. These are positions I am proud of because they reflect not only my great interest in dreams and the deep psyche but also the popularity of dreams and Jungian psyche. Perhaps the thing I am most proud is the 'academia' attention MDS has received. An inspection of my 'followers' at my Twitter page will provide insights to this interest. I don't actively seek new followers preferring instead to reciprocate those who are 'naturally' led to my page.

Let me be honest about one thing. None of my pages or any website to do with fencing or dreams receives the number of visits that a movie star of politician receives. We have limited audience. But if you are looking for one or the other it is valuable to have such great rankings. To supplement my income I plan to utilize the MDS website to generate a little extra income. There will never be charges or fees for accessing the website but I do hope to make something from personal interpretations and dream classes at the local level when I make my move to Florida. In my last prolong stay to Florida {I lived in Lakeland for 4 months in 1994} I often taught about becoming a 'beachcomber'. Why not do that, find a spot on the beach, settle in with a comfortable leisure chair and a T-shirt advertising free dream interpretations, donations accepted. An integration of the old me and the new Self.

Linking To, and From Myths-Dreams-Symbols

In the near future I plan to offer linking at Myths-Dreams-Symbols to other websites who support similar activities as does MDS. My intent is to 'share the message' about Jungian psyche, dreams, creativity, spirituality and other related categories. Anyone with a website who wishes to be added to my Link List you can do so by e-mailing me . All I ask in return is a reciprocal link to MDS.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present