Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
married to my father

I dreamt that I'm married to my father(in reality deceased).As a married couple we went to visit our relatives.He is drunk,argumentative and humiliating me.I feel resentment and anger but I don't react.After an argument,he leaves me outside their house waiting in the car.I am outside alone.I have to go somewhere,but I don't know how to drive.Still I try.I push the turned off car down some narrow,bumpy street and surprisingly it moves somehow.The streets are unfamiliar.On the way I lose my trousers,embarrassing,but later I find them.
I return and enter the relatives house.I am ashamed that I am married to my father.I know it's wrong.I worry what will the relatives think about me because of that.I am also ashamed that my father is drunk and humiliating himself.I try to be polite and make a good impression on them at least by that.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32,serbia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? few years ago

Re: married to my father

Sara,
Several possibilities come to mind after looking over your dream. Let me provide those and you can determine which fits. These questions should help narrow the possibilities. Determining 'who' the father is in the dream should reveal the nature of the dream, what emotional aspect it is trying to communicate.

Did you have a stormy relationship with your father when he was alive? Was he the type person who would do the 'abusive' things to you in the dream?

Are you married and if so is your husband argumentative, humiliates you and drinks?

Is your husband {if married} a lot like your father? There may be 'related' {relatives} traits they share.

This may be about your own masculine self, the things you do that you are embarrassed about. You may humiliate yourself due to uncontrollable 'masculine attitudes'. This may also point to inherent traits from your father you possess {you may act like him}.

The opening statement often sets the stage for what the dream is addressing. Determining which 'father' the dream is focused, your real father, your husband as a father, or your own 'inner father', should point to what the dream wishes to communicate. One or more of these emotional issues is causing inner turmoil and emotional conflicts.

Is there anything in your life that you are ashamed of? Your father, husband, your own actions?

Answer these questions and I believe you will connect the dots. Again, 'which father' it is the dream father is 'representative of' will be the primary clue to the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you for your answer,Jerry.
My father did drink and had terrible fights with my mother but acted ok towards me.
I have a husband and we have some problems,but it's not so bad,although I have and I've always had a terrible fear I would end up in marriage like my mother's and father's.
It seems to me that"father"in my dream are some inner masculine traits of my own that I have a problem with,and that are humiliating me in some way in my daily life.But I don't know how is the dream helping me? what does it tell me?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32,serbia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? few years ago

Sara,
From your response it looks as if the dream is addressing all three possibilities I mentioned. 'Being married to your father' is addressing your temper {matching his}, the fear you possess about your ending up in a marriage like you parents and your husband becoming your father {he being like your father in those argumentative aspects}.

So, what is the dream trying to tell you? All of the above. Until you learn to control your temper there will be arguments due to this attitude. You are doing the same thing as your parents. And your husband in many ways is being like your father. If you don't find ways to change these aspects in your life the fear you have about your marriage has a good possibility of coming true. Consciously you may not realzie how serious your marriage is like your parents. Unconsciously, in your dreams, you do know.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present