Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bear

Good morning! I had this dream last night that really stood out.

I was outside standing by my house in the woods (not where I actually live). I felt like I was my actual age (43), and my dad (who was someone I don't recognize and looked the same age) and my brother (who I don't recognize and looked about 2) were with me. A black bear starts to approach us and we run inside the house. The door was left open, and I called to my "dad," but he wouldn't shut it. Then my dad and I sit in chairs across the room from each other, and the bear comes in. The bear walks up to us and checks us out. I feel frightened but do not move. At some point I get up and pick up the cat and dog and put them in the basement and shut the door.

I'm standing now, and I suddenly remember that you shouldn't run away from a bear. When I look at the bear, he stands up like he is going to attack. I turn away, and then I feel teeth on my forearm. When I look back, the bear is down on all fours, and he is suddenly much smaller and is brown and white. The bear keeps putting his mouth on my arm, and I can feel the teeth, but he doesn't bite down. I try to get my dad's attention, but he does not seem interested.

Angie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Minnesota

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Bear

Good morning! I had this dream last night that really stood out.

My sense is the dream is addressing a 'transitional phase' in your life where you are looking back and 'trying' to see certain experiences having to do with your father in particular and perhaps your whole life in general. This transitional phase could have to do with the mid-life phase you are now in the midst of {mid to late 30s to late 50s}. Your father being the same age {43} as you may suggest an experience from when he was at that age. How much older is your father to your brother?

The black bear, and running into the house, may suggest a threatening experience that has made you 'go inward' {an experience in life where you have locked away/repressed the experience. This may have to do with the 'seeing' unconscious aspects in your other dream.

Let me get you to respond to what I have already suggested and see if there are recollections you think of having to do with expreinces with your father at an early age. I sense there may be repressed experiences, something if 'brought out' would be frightening to you because of the trauma of the early life experiences. In particulat look at the time frame I mentioned, the age of 43 and the possibilities of an experience when your father was at that age. Let me know your thoughts and we will proceed from there.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

My sense is the dream is addressing a 'transitional phase' in your life where you are looking back and 'trying' to see certain experiences having to do with your father in particular and perhaps your whole life in general. This transitional phase could have to do with the mid-life phase you are now in the midst of {mid to late 30s to late 50s}. Your father being the same age {43} as you may suggest an experience from when he was at that age. How much older is your father to your brother?

The black bear, and running into the house, may suggest a threatening experience that has made you 'go inward' {an experience in life where you have locked away/repressed the experience. This may have to do with the 'seeing' unconscious aspects in your other dream.

Let me get you to respond to what I have already suggested and see if there are recollections you think of having to do with experiences with your father at an early age. I sense there may be repressed experiences, something if 'brought out' would be frightening to you because of the trauma of the early life experiences. In particular look at the time frame I mentioned, the age of 43 and the possibilities of an experience when your father was at that age. Let me know your thoughts and we will proceed from there.

Note: I am having one of those 'afternoon' spells of sleepiness and have tried drinking coffee. I rely heavily on my intuitive mind when working with dreams and at the moment the intuitive self is 'not fully 'awake'.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I had one of the most trauma-free childhoods of anyone I know. My relationship with my dad in my adulthood was close, but in childhood, he worked a lot and did not seem very interested in me or my brother and sister. I was a teenager when he was in his 40s, and my brother is 2 years younger than me. Neither of the dream characters looked like my brother or my father. My dad passed away about 2 years ago.

I should mention also that, at the end of the dream, when the bear had my arm, I felt no fear. I felt that the bear was trying to get my attention.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Angie,
Let me look at the dream with a clear intuitive mind. I will try to do that in the morning.

Jerry

Oh, no problem! I didn't expect you would even reply today. Get some rest :)

Angie,
I believe I have answered those questions posed in this dream post in your other post Up and down stairs to get to China?.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present