Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
early dream

Gerrard, I have been having some trouble falling asleep, and so for some reason I have been waking up lately after my first dream, at about 1 or 2. There's nothing entirely unusual about any of this, just a slight disruption probably caused by my new job and my divorce. Anyway, I my dreams have been arriving at a sort of teleological (purposeful, goal oriented) position and i thought this morning's dream was a good portrait of the spiritual archetype that breaks in on a person to show them what one should know.

I was in my parent's house probably sleeping upstairs. Downstairs I heard my mom open the door for a cat. She asked my father not to do anything bad to the cat, but to allow the cat to come in, somewhat imploring. Then I crossed a familiar highschool hangout, a train trestle over the river, in the dark. Some younger adults, and man and a couple women passed by, as if they had been at a bar and were somewhat intoxicated. The young man turned obliquely as he passed me and said to his friends that he knew me, that I saved his life once. I was then there with woman I knew before she passed from cystic fibrosis. I touched her face thinking she was very beautiful. she was somewhat uncomfortable with it. She became another young woman who I know who is a friend, who I have had similar feelings for.
I knew the young man was in the navy and was walking back to his barracks very close by (I am still basically on the riverbank at night). I entered a barrack or hotel room and laid down to sleep, but could hear someone breathing though I didn't know who or where (non ego, non male, non fraternity). It troubled me somewhat.
Then I was at a small gym or auditorium, and the red hot chili peppers were playing to a small crowd. They were finishing their last song. I was in the back, the entrance to the gym. As I was about to yell, 'one more song,' some people up front said, 'you guys have to play one more song.' I turned to a couple of my friends. My old close friend's eye's were uncommonly wide open (be alert). I remarked on it to him, and he said it had something to do with his 'lids.' I asked another friend who is now a policeman to go get a couple beers for me and my friend. He replied 'beers!?' as if it was a strange question (don't loose focus).
We went into a practice room so to speak, next to the gym. Some friends or guys were jamming. As I was watching, two of them were blown away from their instruments as if by a wind. I found myself standing so close to the guitar that I sat down and started to play. I was bending the strings and playing moderately, and the guitar player told me, 'yes, your really bending the strings, but be careful because this is an antique guitar.' I noticed the guitar was small, the fretboard was rather delicate and antique, the guitar body was a slab of crystal or quartz rock, and the electric pickup was a clam shell. It was quite beautiful.

**I picked up on the scene were the guys were blown away from their instruments, and it was to me a clear intervention of a kind of power or spirit archetype. It was at least something unconscious that broke out from my ego. It gave me the opportunity to be the focus of creativity, to participate in the emotional experience. I thought that was quite a striking intervention outside of my own actions. Anyway, it was a simple dream, as you can see I am still crossing the bridge of independence, or feeling value.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 Missoula MT

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: early dream

Gerrard, I thought I would from time to time, as it seems fit, share a song that I think others might like. A lot of people are self considered conissuers of music. As one myself, I have realized lately that music can be intoxicating and sweep the whole person away, so I have used moderation to my benefit with music. What I look for in a song is firstly the message, if there are even words at all. If the message suits me then I will enjoy it. anyway, here is a good song from one of my heroes, Levon Helm, who sang the Night they drove old Dixie down, and The Weight, with, The Band, back in the day. This is from his new production, Electric Dirt, a couple years ago. It is a traditional song I believe. careful it can be a little tear jerker, so avoid it if you feel so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A54_0rC37sk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Sam,
I'll try to give my impressions of your dream later today. As for the music. Yes, I agree. Music can be a powerful drug and rightly so. It is not a coincidence part of its spelling is mus, the Muse.It is from that inner aspect we often discover our true bliss.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Sam,
The expose of the dream {the expose being the opening statement of the dream pointing to what emotions the dream is primarily addressing} seems to be about 'letting the feminine in', not 'being bad' to this aspect in your life. It may have to do with experiences of where you actually witnessed your father being bad to your mother. But the deeper aspects may have to do with opening up to feminine aspects within yourself {those aspects having been influenced from early life experiences}. Early life experiences would have been important to your psyche as you grew into adulthood and there could be unconscious influences left over from those experiences. Your psyche is '{imploring' you to address these issues. This would be the '{expose' of the dream, what the dream overall would want you to take notice of.

After the expose there is a crossover. This is dealing with unconscious contents {a train trestle over the river, in the dark}. The hangout may indicate these emotional experiences are 'hanging out' in your unconscious, unresolved issues seeking resolution.
The man and woman, opposite/conflicting emotions, the man being an 'oblique' view of yourself {unconscious view}. The woman would represent 'dead' aspects {woman who passed}, those feelings you have to do with the feminine {perhaps addressing both outer and inner feminine aspects/associations}. This is what you need to 'let in', feminine aspects that are not as 'alive' as they should be due to reasons that probably have their origins in early life {as the expose proposed}.

The young man is of course addressing an aspect of you. It is addressing unconscious aspects needing to be made conscious {riverbank symbolic of unconscious on the verge of becoming conscious, laying down to sleep being the unconscious}. These unconscious aspects are what are troubling you. Remember, they have to do with the feminine, good possibility addressing both outer, in the present day, and inner, influences from the past.

The paragraph with the Red Hot Chili Peppers may be about the 'song'. This is a now a small part of yourself {small crowd and may need expansion {one more song}. Our discussion of the Muse may be a part of the intent here, a feminine aspect. Something may have caused you to put a 'lid' on this aspect. There has been a loss of focus.

The last paragraph also seems to be addressing the need/desire to expand on inner qualities, possibly the Muse. A need to focus on the creative. There may have been recent experiences that brought your attention to these 'intoxicating' aspects. It may be you need to stay focus on the process and not so much on the emotions, being objective and not too subjective {focused on creativity and not ego}.

Let's go back to the expose. Letting the feminine in would fit with needs/desires of the creative self. But there also seems to be influences from early life involved that may have put a lid on these aspects. Unconscious forces at work. Focus on those aspects because it mat be these influences are what need resolution before you can be that creative self. Of course in Campbellian {Joseph Campbell} theory it is the creative/spiritual aspects that elevates the lowly ego 'self' to the higher Self of creativity and spirituality {creativity being an aspect of the spiritual because when your give from the creative you are participating in the spiritual}.

Jerry

Sam,
Have you had a chance to review this dream and my latest response? I am interested in reading your thoughts.

Jerry

Gerrard, I pretty much follow you all along the line on this one. I see this and current dreams as pointing towards an expansion of feelings. There seems to be much catharsis to experience in the future, which is how I felt about the young man and woman across the bridge. There was a very human connection with them, and was another substantial progression for me that was a cause for celebration, as the song I wanted the band to play was 'savior.' My older cousin told me in a dream the other day that if I doubt christianity, (he's a religious man and speaker of sorts) that I need to travel to crater lake and catch twenty different fish, and then see what I think. Of course I have a strong suspicion that my unconscious catches on to these people for very good reasons, and uses them for the purpose of exposing to me the numinosity (not me) behind what these people represent. I would venture that if I should find myself some night at crater lake the fish are going to be quite active, not just harmless and benevolent, but independent, uncanny and not under my iron fisted control. The reason I mentioned this is because the guitar pickup at the end of the dream was a clam shell. The pickup is the magnet that amplifies the string vibration and sends the signal to the stereo amplifier. So of course that would mean that there is a signal coming from the depths. I think the expose of the dream was very characteristic of part of the formation of my character. I remember clearly, growing up, laying in bed, hearing my mom cook breakfast for my dad, him leaving for work, and very, very little being said. I could be more pejorative about it.
Just want to mention one more thing, the next night after I posted 'early dream', I had another dream that I only remember a fragment of. I was lucid and walking with a guy who I don't know very well but have known for almost ever. I was lucid and we were holding hands, walking through my parents wheat field. I thought it was odd. Then we were in my parents bedroom and he was looking for something in my mom's jewelry box. I wasn't really lucid anymore. In the living room, my dad was sitting per usual in front of the tv and he was saying very depreciative things about what dustin had done.
Now that might raise some eyebrows. As I think about Dustin in my dreams, he is not a monkish figure, but does some very numinous things, and the seed you planted in my head about the expose probably took some seed. There is the jewel, possibly the feminine jewel, and there is the conflict, probably from the past, and how much infantile attachement is there may or may not be displayed in this dream. I know there certainly is some, but not so much when dustin is in the house. Thank You so much Gerrard, even last night I pulled up a well pump with some guys, it took a complex scaffold, afterwards a young man reenacted the work to another young man, saying, 'it almost caught you by the belt as it was going down'', then a woman said, relax! Thanks Gerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present