Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream about winning money??

I had a dream I was sitting at a slot machine and knew I was going to win. At that moment I won a million dollars! Before I pulled the handle again I knew I was going to win the jackpot...once again I won...the jackpot! I could see the words lighting up above the machine that said, "congratulations jackpot winner" I then left there and was in a house that I didn't recognize...it seemed to be only one room..my parents, boyfriend and few friends were there talking about my winnings. I was wondering why my one of my friends didn't mention that I won...when I went to ask him why, he ducked down into a basement type room and then back up again...he whispered something to me but I couldn't remember what he said
Now the dream switches to me driving in the car with my boyfriend (I was driving and he was the passenger), I was driving pretty fast and remember thinking I should slow down because it would suck if something happened to me after I just won the money. I saw a really large puddle ahead and thought I was going to hydroplane but didn't slow down..not even a little. I drove into it full speed ahead which made the car stop really quick, spin all the way around full circle and then I kept driving same speed out of the puddle. I remember looking at my boyfriend and laughing... saying, 'talk about whiplash"
Then I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Dream about winning money??

Angela,
What are you gambling on in your life where you know you will win? My sense is you have control over this particular 'aspect' {one room} but may not realize the true consequences. You have a real confidence in your abilities {winning a million dollars}, perhaps reflecting the control and self confidence you have in regards to this aspect. The house is you and there is something you unconsciously do not recognize that may come back to threaten your winning {dreams reflect true possibilities in the conscious life you may not recognize}.

What is this aspect you are winning at?
Could it have to do with control/influence you have over your boyfriend {driving the car and him being the passenger}. What is it in the relationship you want to speed up no matter the consequences even though others may say that need to slow down and consider the possibilities {this may involve your parents}? There may have been recent experiences where you have 'gone full circle' but even faced with the possibilities of a 'wreck' you still go full speed ahead? The consequences of your actions/decisions would matter to your boyfriend.

What recent experiences having to do with your boyfriend would fit with the above? You may be gambling, knowing you will win, without really giving thought to the consequences. The experiences would involve your boyfriend and perhaps in some manner your parents.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Angela,
Because of your age and how that could figure in interpreting your dream it may be best to also look at other possibilities about your dream. It could be addressing animus or masculine aspects. One question that needs to be asked that may have to do with these qualities would be 'does slot machines have a place in your life or is it merely a symbol reference to some other aspect of your life? Along these lines we would look at masculine qualities. Perhaps a need/desire to better control those masculine attributes or a lack of such qualities that may cause you to 'gamble' in some aspects of your life. There is something about the house, you, that you do not recognize and/or need to recognize.

The second part of the dream, if it has to do with masculine aspects, would also point to a need/desire to be in control of some aspect of your life. If not your bf then some other aspect. Something seems to be out of control, possibly something you tend to repeat {spinning full circle}. You may be downplaying the importance of gaining control or being in control.

And, as strange as it may seem, it could be doing both. Speaking to issues with your actual boyfriend as well as addressing animus aspects. Dreams tend to address more than one aspect of the dreamer's psyche, using the same symbols and metaphors in the process. To explain this fully would require a lot of written narrative but it is something that is common in dreams. To get a better understanding of Jungian dream psyche I suggest you read my page What Are Dreams.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present