Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
These two reoccurring dreams ...

I've posted about this one before - I've killed someone - but am more baffled why this one dream is the only one where I wake up and literally have to ponder if I actually did murder. For a few minutes after waking, I wonder if I have done so, and have repressed it so deeply, that it returns to me in only a dream. Now I have certainly not killed anyone, in reality ... but everytime this dream occurs, I am back to square one, seriously questioning if I did. The dream keeps coming to me, with the same after effects. It is not so much the dream/details, per se, but the after effect upon waking that is pronounced - and that is jarring. I hope I've explained myself clearly ... ?

My other recently reoccuring dream is of the same kind of shoe - a white, wedge sandal that I am admiring. It's not a detailed dream, only that I am admiring the shoe.

Many thanks ~
Maureen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: These two reoccurring dreams ...

Maureen,
The murder you continue to dream about is the 'elimination' of some aspect within yourself. You mention repression and always returning to square one suggests such a possibility. The desire to 'murder' this emotional aspect is an unconscious thing pertaining to a possible repressed experience from your past you need to 'rid' your unconscious {bring them to consciousness}.

The shoe dream, or more correctly the sandal, may also be directed at unconscious aspects that have been buried. Shoes cover the feet and feet often symbolize the foundations for your life. Sandals are shoes that have openings where you can see these foundations. Wedge sandals give greater support to the foot and ankles which may suggest these unconscious contents that you wish/need to understand are important experiences that have shaped who you are {early life experiences/influences are the primary forces in shaping personality and who we become later in life}. The color white would represent 'new realizations' about these unconscious aspects.

I suggest you go back to early life and try to remember what forces you may have repressed/forgotten that may have shaped who you are. Experiences and or influences that you have pushed deep into your unconscious because of the emotional strain/pain they would have. Trying to 'murder' these aspects would actually be a natural desire to get rid of them, to understand them so you can start the healing process.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you for your response, Jerry.

I had a pretty normal and happy childhood, in general, but to go back so far ... that may be difficult in simple recollection alone. Obviously the repeated message holds a necessary healing, so I continue the process of peeling another layer.

Would it be safe to say that other dreams I am having intently may point to the core of this "murder" issue as well?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Maureem,
What you presented in your original post was very little to go with. If you have a complete dream you can post that would be more reliable. The question whether you had killed anyone, in the short context you provided, could have other possibilities. I do believe the murder would be related to yourself and not a real person. Because it is a recurring dream I don't believe it would be addressing recent waking experiences where you may have wanted to 'murder' someone {not a literal murder of course, just an anger for the moment}. Other dreams, especially if they can be posted in full may reveal what the 'murder' is about.

As for dismissing the possibility of childhood experiences. A healthy childhood does not necessarily mean there was not an experience that had enough emotional energy it could leave an impression on your psyche. "to go back so far ... that may be difficult in simple recollection alone', that could be an excuse to protect the conscious mind from unconscious stimuli. Not that it is, but a possibility.

Post a complete dream {as best you can remember it} and let me examine it.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Back in sequence due to spam.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present