Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
barking dog

Hi
I just have a snippet from a dream last night.
I am running from a dog barking at me down a corridor, but it isn't advancing on me. I look to my left and I see a classroom and my teacher of myth is in it with a class. I tell him I'm sorry to interrupt but could he come and help me? I think the dog belongs to him. He just looks at me as if to say 'you must deal with this alone' and then I wake up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: barking dog

Maz,
Your barking dog may be a 'warning' of some inner aspect within your subconscious {corridors are often symbolic of a bridge between conscious and the unconscious} that has yet to be realized or understood {isn't advancing}. The 'left' position could point to inner or unconscious aspects {right would represent outer, conscious aspects}. The classroom is a place for 'inner learning' and the teacher is an inner teacher. Myths are exaggerated truths and could represent real unconscious truths about yourself {what dreams are about} that consciously are exaggerated in your conscious life. In other words what is true about yourself is not fully know consciously, you believe something to be true which really is not. The male teacher may have associations to a real person but likely has more to do with masculine aspects. The masculine aspect possibility is reinforced by 'you must go it alone', a phrase that would suggest discipline and strength which are masculine qualities.

What is it in your life where there is a need to progress, where the need is for you to go it alone without help from others? Subconsciously you know this to be true but consciously you may yet have to accept or realize it {again, a need for those masculine qualities to 'advance', make progress}. This would be the 'inner' requirements.

As for the possibility of real life persons you will need to determine if there are any associations with the above and your teacher of myth, if there is such a person.

One the subject of 'teachers of myth'. Could it be you have read about such persons or have a conscious knowledge of these teacher. Joseph Campbell, a primary focus of my Myths-Dreams-Symbols website, is such a teacher. Campbell is a 'Jungian', a teacher of Jungian psychology. These 'learning aspects have to do with the personal inner learning about oneself in an attempt to bring about psychological balance. It is an 'inner search', a psychological search by the individual. This may be what your teacher of myth represents in your dream. Are you engaged in such a search?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present