Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tree of life

Hi,
I have been trying to find out the meaning of a vision I saw early in the morning. I remember having a dream then waking up and falling back asleep. I saw the tree of life on an island floating in mid air, surrounded by the heavens and all of the animals were returning back into the tree. I saw flying, walking and crawling animals being swallowed back into the tree in a great speed. It felt like the animal kingdom was returning from were it came from. The tree of life was not lit or bright, but gray like, almost as if it was in the shadow. The vision did not feel right. I felt sadness, great sadness and thought to myself why is this happening. I felt the weight of the world in my heart. Then I woke up. I would greatly appreicate some help here. Thank you!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51 va

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: tree of life

Fay,
On a personal level the 'tree of life' in your dream would be your own tree of life. You are the tree, capable of great personal growth. The life is your life. I sense an 'introspection' of your life is the focus of your dream.

The heavens and animals would represent the higher aspects as well as the lower animal aspects. All aspects of who you are being 'drawn' into focus, an unconscious attention to these aspects that most likely reflect a conscious attention as well. Looking 'back', a reflection on who you are and the experiences in life that have shaped your person and personality. The speed in which this takes place would indicate the urgency you feel to understand this process.

The unlit tree and the shadow. The shadow is your own shadow, one aspect in Jungian psyche in the 'Individuation Process'. We all have a shadow. It is one of the four most recognizable archetypes, the others being the Self, the anima and animus and the persona.

the "shadow aspect" is a part of the unconscious mind consisting of repressed weaknesses, shortcomings, and instincts.

The weight from experiences in your life is under examination. This is a part of the 'introspection'. My sense is it is both unconscious as well as conscious. You are in that phase of life where 'looking back' is a norm {whether it is consciously noted and acted upon is what is important}. Unconsciously the dream is acting on a process of 'Individuation' with the intent to bring about balance and harmony to the waking life. Consciously, by engaging in this process, you will discover what parts that are unlit and bring light to the inner self and begin a process that extends that illumination to the outer life. The outer life can not be illuminated until the inner self comes under full examination.

Are you engaged in a process of self discovery? Your dream seems to state such a search is in progress. Or at least a need to engage fully in a process of doing so. Consciously you have probably given thought to these manifestations. Unconsciously the dream is trying to prompt you to go forward at 'great speed' to learn more about your inner self. Coming out of the shadows, seeing the true self and what experiences/influences that have made you the person you are.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry,

I have been reading and reflecting through meditation quite a lot. I am seeking the Divine creation truth. We are a form of this universe as the universe is a form of us. We are one in the same. To be able to embody truth we must know who we are first. He who knows himself, knows his creator. The universe is not static but living and breathing and ever changing all at once. I believe your interpretation is true. I have a long journey ahead of me. All roads lead to the Truth.

Thank you!

Fay,
I appreciate the response. The wording of your dream, the tree of life, the heavens, the animal kingdom does suggest a 'higher' examination of a kind. That would fit with your 'reflecting through meditation' experiences, those being a 'higher' examination in seeking you own truths. Those of us who are serious students of Jungian psyche do believe in the inner truths and see our dreams as a great tool in accessing such truths {dreams are a direct link to the unconscious}. Dreams are unbiased, presenting the truth and nothing but the truth. Your dreams are about your true self.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Back in sequence due to spam.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present