Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
James Hillman, Jungian Analyst, Therapist in Men’s Movement, Dies at 85

One of our most beloved sages/teachers of Jungian psyche has made the final transition. Here is his obit from the NY Times. A sad day indeed.

James Hillman in 1985. His ideas revived interest in Jung
James Hillman, a charismatic therapist and best-selling author whose theories about the psyche helped revive interest in the ideas of Carl Jung, animating the so-called men’s movement in the 1990s and stirring the pop-cultural air, died on Thursday at his home in Thompson, Conn. He was 85.

Part scholar, part mystic and part performance artist in his popular lectures, Mr. Hillman began making waves from the day he became the director of studies at the C. G. Jung Institute in Zurich in 1959.

Mr. Hillman followed his mentor’s lead in taking aim at the assumptions behind standard psychotherapies, including Freudian analysis, arguing that the best clues for understanding the human mind lay in myth and imagination, not in standard psychological or medical concepts.

His 1964 book, “Suicide and the Soul,” challenged therapists to view thoughts of death not as symptoms to be cured but more as philosophical longings to be explored and understood. A later book, “Re-Visioning Psychology,” argued that psychology’s narrow focus on pathology served only to amplify feelings of anxiety and depression.

read rest of article

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: James Hillman, Jungian Analyst, Therapist in Men’s Movement, Dies at 85

James Hillman, supreme master of synthesis.

Gerrard, I just fudged a post about a couple news articles I saw. I will have to write it again later.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 Missoula MT

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: James Hillman, Jungian Analyst, Therapist in Men’s Movement, Dies at 85

'the best clues for understanding the human mind lay in myth and imagination'.

That statement holds so much more truth about Hillman and the psyche.

What better statement can be made to describe Hillman's approach to understanding the psyche? Myth as the universal dream, and imagination as the individual path to understanding the psyche. I personally believe there are possibilities of exploring the deeper psyche and discovering hidden truths beyond the personal life. That takes real imagination.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee       Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

stats from 7-14-10 to the present