Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Understanding

I am a passenger in a car with my soon to be ex husband and a friend (the friend is driving) - I look up to the sky and I see a plane, a hot air balloon, and amazingly enough... a sailboat all going in the same direction.

I look behind us and all of a sudden I see a huge black tornado ( I feel overwhelmed and anxious) - we go faster in order to beat the tornado and get to safety - the straight road becomes a winding road - and I hear myself saying sharp curve ahead - sharp curve ahead - we get through the curves and it's the most beautiful scene - bright almost warm skies with red, orange, yellow colored trees - it seems very peaceful here.

The next thing I notice in my dream: is that my husband and I are no longer in the car, and the friend is not here. We (husband and I) are walking down a steep, narrow pathway together, as it gets steeper, I hold on to the railing and sort of glide/slide down the rest of the way. Back on level ground, there are men pushing past us - they seem to be in a hurry - I notice the beauty in all of the fall colors of the canyon and even though I have a sense of emergency.... for some reason I still feel very peaceful and safe.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 - Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Understanding

Sandra,
The 3 symbols, air plane, sail boat, and hot air balloon may suggest you are seeking ways to elevate yourself in some aspect of your life. Individually the symbols may represent the following {you may recognize something from these symbols that may fit with your waking life}.

Sailboat: May represent success in some aspect of life.
Airplane: a search for freedom, adventure and advancement. You will be reaching higher levels of success.
Hot Air Balloon: Rising to higher levels
You can see the associations the three symbols have.

The three may also represent 3 different aspects in your life you are headed, or wish to. But there is some turmoil that follows you. Your soon-to-be ex may be a part of that. You may be experiencing anxiety and overwhelming emotion. On one hand you are gaining your freedom {the above 3 symbols may represent this also} but behind you there is still emotional turmoil from your past, something you feel you need to get away from to achieve 'success' in your life {tornado represents the emotional turmoil}.

The winding curvy road is the sense of direction you feel in life and you see a big 'curve' in your immediate future {could this be the final disposition of the relationship with your soon-to-be ex?}. If you can get beyond this major 'curve' you can see a peaceful existence for your future.

The last part of the dream probably describes the final path you and your husband are taking. The final phase is always steep in emotions {dreams are primarily about the emotions}. You are 'holding on' with hopes to achieve the positive outcome you wish for. The men in the dream could represent actual 'other' men but probably symbolizes your own 'masculine' aspects of impatience {impatience could be considered a masculine aspect}. With all the emotions that you are experiencing, even the turmoil, you see the 'autumn' of the ending relationship as a positive. You see the end as a peaceful beginning.

I believe you will recognize emotions associated with what I have provided. There is much turmoil in your past but you can see new an positive horizons in your future. That is if you can get past the immediateness of the final phase of the relationship. The dream does seem to depict a positive attitude on your part. That in itself is a positive for your future.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee       Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Understanding

Sandra,
Thanks for the follow up response. Most dreams are about the everyday stresses in the dreamer's life and your dream seemed to fit that mold in every aspect. As an interpreter of dreams the best I can do is point to the periphery of a dream, outlining the probabilities but not 'usually' naming the exact emotional experience the dream is trying to communicate. Most often a good description of the dream imagery by an interpreter will prompt the dreamer to recognize the associations/connections to the dreamer's life. That does seem to have worked here since you were able to fit my interpretation to your life. You deserve much credit as I for being able to do that.

As for the positive aspects of the dream. For me that came through despite the many negatives. Even with the overwhelming emotions {tornado} with the ending of the marriage there was the peace in the end. And with the urgency of the situation you are able to keep a focus on the future, feeling peaceful and safe with your new direction in your career {welcome to the new age world of healing- you have chosen a wonderful field to get your doctorate}. This says a lot about your most inner self, the positive direction despite all the emotional turmoil. A good sign of inner strength that undoubtedly is manifested in your outer personality.
Good luck in your future. I sense you have a great life ahead of you.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee       Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present