Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New dreaming style never experienced

I'm recovering from, or still in actually, a serious breakdown which I believe is a combination of life's stressors, my mental illness (bi-polar I with psychotic features), and a generally physical breakdown of my body due to all the stress and hormone changes.

I have recently started having dreams different from which I have ever experienced before. I can't help but believe that these dreams are meaningful in some way, something that my soul is trying to process through, but I cannot find any significant meaning in them. They are incredibly powerful and strong, very vivid, and very upsetting. I still take at least one daytime nap each day, sometimes two or three, I am overcome by fatigue and must lie down. When I am approaching waking, these dreams happen, and it takes hours for me to shake them off.

Today's dream was extremely upsetting, I was awoken from it, thank goodness, by my husband calling to see how I was, but was in the middle of it when he called.

The dream has already started to fade, but what I still remember, involved me having taken someone's child, and that child's mother or maybe someone else, a twenty-something old young woman, very pretty, let me know that she knew I had the baby. And then I was in Macy's, and I knew I only had $40 in the bank, and I needed clothes badly, and there was one skirt, long, black velour/velvet, and I was considering layering my clothes to take some other skirts, while buying the black skirt.

This may not seem like an intense dream, but the experience of the dreams are becoming more and more intense and upsetting, and I am sorry I cannot provide more detail, but I think I was just starting to run away when I was awoken.

I never remember actually having the baby in the dream, only that I had kidnapped someone's baby, and that I *think* the mother of the baby knew it. She wasn't particularly interested in getting the baby back right away, she was more, like, stalking me.

There have been several other dreams, but that was today's.

The things in my life that I think may be relevant are that I worked for five years in social services child protection, I have a 23 year old child who has transgendered female to male recently, and I am separated from him, as he is in a recovery program about an hour away, and my health and energy has been such that I have not been able to get down to see him in some time. I also, during the two years of fighting for disability income, was extremely poor, often penniless and homeless, and did, from time to time, shoplift.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46, Carlisle, KY, 40311

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: New dreaming style never experienced

Becca,
I'll give your dream a complete inspection Tuesday morning. Although the dream may seem strange to you it is probably explainable when looked at in the context of symbol and metaphor {the language in dreams}. Because you are going through so much stress in your life, the emotional events/experiences associated with that will be the likely place to look for an explanation.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee       Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: New dreaming style never experienced

Becca,
Two possibilities I see in your dream, in which either or both may apply {in Jungian psyche there are usually at least two applications to every dream}. Both have to do with stealing some one's child.

One, which would address the deeper aspects of your own childhood. That would involve a childhood that lacked proper nourishment, love and support. In short your childhood was stolen, kidnapped. The pretty woman could have been your mother. Only having $40 in the bank could represent not having enough childhood nourishment, that part of your life is nearly bankrupt. Clothes usually symbolizes you, your outer ego self, your personality, your psyche. Layering the clothes may suggest an attempt to sort through these emotional aspects the unconscious mind is trying to convey to your conscious mind {having to do with your childhood}.

The second, and the application that most likely fits with current emotions, would involve recent waking experiences. Probably to do with your transgendered child. He/she would be the pretty twenty-something old. You knew the baby but 'she' has changed {transgendered is a 'change' of sex in your child}. Being in Macy's is shopping around for an identity. This would be you in relationship to acceptance to your daughter's change. There are many layers to these emotions, the fight for disability, feelings of not having enough value to the relationship as well as your life as a whole. The number 4 is symbolic of wholeness and you may feel you lack that wholeness because of the many pressures in your life.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee       Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present