Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stupid Dog Dream

I am a small pug dog sitting on a porch of this run down, wooden house in the middle of nowhere. There is only dirt and a single road running parallel to this house. On the porch there are two strangers, a man and a woman. I can't remember their faces. I get this sudden urge to run, so I book it down the single road. The strangers yell for me to come back because it is dangerous. Then a tractor pulls onto the road and heads towards me. I stop and sit in front of the oncoming tractor. The strangers continue to yell from the porch, but I just sit there staring at the oncoming tractor. I get ran over by the tractor, but live. I am missing one eye though.

I need third-party interpretations of this dream for a class so I'd appreciate the feedback :]

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19. Somewhere

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Stupid Dog Dream

makeusmile94,
Is this your dream or another person's dream? It can make a difference. I will go on the assumption this is your dream. Age is also a factor when interpreting dreams.

The run down, wooden house would be defining the condition of your inner house, in other words the house is you. The dog would also be you and in this application perhaps representing how you feel about yourself and how you are treated. A lesser animal. The two strangers without faces may represent aspects of your life you do not, or do not want to recognize. My sense is these two strangers may be people in your life {perhaps your parents} as well as addressing inner characteristics {it is common for dreams to do both}. They apparently are concerned, or act concerned for your welfare since they warn you of possible dangers. But you are running away from something. Perhaps the conditions of your life I mentioned, especially your emotional life, which would be the likely reason for a need/desire to run away.

The tractor may symbolize your own resources, abilities. You may be considering using these resources to get away from the 'run down' conditions you feel your life to be in. But these resources turn on you, perhaps a realization you are doing yourself in by running away. There is a lack of interest by others around you, a lack or true concern. Although the tractor, or your own resourceful abilities, does not provide a good solution to the way you feel, life goes on. The losing of one eye may indicate this possible avenue of running away is no longer a visible alternative. Plus the emotional aspects may not let you see as clearly as you should.

What is your life at home? Are you 'run down 'emotionally? Do you sometimes feel your patents are not as concerned for your welfare as you wish they should be? Do you feel like running away?
If not a situation involving you parents look at other possibilities in your life that fit with the 'run down' conditions and the 'running away'. The dream is about the dreamer's life, the house is the dreamer {dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor}. Strangers without faces could represent aspects about yourself you do not recognize. At your age these unknowns may be about qualities of someone you know. Not remembering their faces may indicate not understanding the reasons for their actions. The tractor is a tool useful in 'planting' needed resources useful in your emotional life {dreams are about our emotions}. These are the prime symbols that need to be interpreted. And they all refer to you and your life. Put the pieces together and see where they fit.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee       Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present