Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My heart was falling out of my chest

I am not sure how it started but suddenly I felt something on my chest, I thought that was odd, I had no long necklace on. I reached up to my chest and looked down to see that what I had in my hand was my heart, somehow my chest was an open cavity, no pain just my heart falling out.

I ran to my hubby and had him take me to the hospital. What I remember from this part is that we were getting in the vehicle and I had noticed my hubby brought my large ragdoll cat and son with us - I thought how odd he would bring the cat. I looked up above the driver seat to see why my cat was swallowing so much and making this smaking sound with his mouth, he was missing half of his bottom teeth and his bottom jaw was covered in blood. Again, my heart fell out of my chest so I had to gently place it back into my chest, I held my hand against my chest for the rest of the ride to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital I showed a nurse and she told me to tape it up? I thought this was so strange, so I looked for someone else to help me no one would, I became hysterical gasping for air begging for help and now it was to the point that my hubby felt there was nothing left to do so he headed back to the car. With his back turned he said "what do you want me to do, they said there's nothing to do".

I continued through strange areas of the hospital hoping that some one would see that I was seriously hurt and help me no one did. More strange looks and strange rooms void of colors other than white and stainless steel. The whole time holding my heart in my chest. I make my way to what seems to be a part of a mall that is between to pieces of the hospital. It is a very large theatre, done in velvets and dark purples and black with gold ropes sectioning areas.

(It's funny these buildings are the ones that I have had in other dreams, this hospital and theatre, they never change, however I have never had them overlap like this before. I don't dream very often, as a matter of fact I try to purposely prevent myself from dreaming because my dreams are so very vivid and more often than not morbid.)

Then I am not sure how but I end up in I guess what is my house in the dream and my hubby and son are coming through the front door with two men. My hubby brings them up the staircase and is showing the rooms they can sleep in. I am standing in a spare bedroom closet, as they come in my hubby opens the closet door and I beg again for help..."look at me something is wrong with me, there is a hole in my chest and my heart keeps falling out!, please I beg you help me" I gasp now for air. My hubby turns and walks away from me and says to the men "don't worry about her she'll be fine". My heart falls again against my chest and this time I see it, there is no pumping its like small red cells all squished together I think to myself this cant be my heart? what is it?

I turn to my son and beg for help, now while gasping for air "Please Babe" ,,,gasping, I cant catch my breath, again my heart falls out. "call 911" Sobbing and begging my son now for help we start to look for a phone.

Then I woke up.........please please somebody explain, my heart has hurt since then!!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40 yrs, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: My heart was falling out of my chest

Khepria,
Look over my response {and questions} and see if it fits with your waking life. If not I will provide a more detailed interpretation by dissecting the dream either later today or in the morning.

A question. Are there experiences to do with your life that affect the 'heart'? Perhaps having to do with your husband and/or son? Have you been 'injured' in some way by actions, or in-actions, on their part? Or injured in emotional ways where they can/will help? In the dream neither your husband nor yours on can/want to help. Look at your waking life and see where this may fit.

Closets often suggest keeping something hidden, or repressed. Perhaps the heart is speaking to being able to express your emotions. Again, your husband and probably your son are involved. Perhaps there are experiences involving them where you need assistance and they fail/are unable to help. You may be hiding your emotions over these experiences.

Also. If these are on going dreams {you dream every night, you just don't remember them} then it suggests there are previous and on going emotional experiences that are unresolved. Hospitals are symbolic of need for emotional healing. What emotional experiences have you experienced that remain 'open' where neither your husband and son can't/won't help you with?

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee    &     Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, yes, yes. You hit it perfect!!

My son has just gone into maintenance for High risk leukemia. My heart dies a little every day with what he has to go through and my worries of what may happen in the future.

My hubby not so supportive of me, well maybe not that-but he is not a very emotional man, more strong, proud and logical, me I am a person who thinks with my heart and intuition, not so much my head. We have never really sat and discussed everything that we have been going through with our son.

Thank you so much for interpreting this dream for me, if you can further dissect or give me anymore insight it would be so very appreciated.

You said that people dream every night why is it that the only ones I can remember vividly or at all is these terrible dreams aka nightmares? Can I fix it so that I remember more happy stuff too?

Thank you so much for being generous with your time!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40 yrs, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Khepria,
The dream does seem to focus on the emotions, understandable due to the difficult circumstances involving your son. The dream also seems to focus on a need/desire for emotional support {the dream contents are about you and your emotions}. This may be addressing your husband's personality of objectivity {a common male reaction, not able/afraid to show his emotions}. Going through the hospital would be a search for your emotional healing {as well as possibly addressing your son's medical condition which would be a reason for your emotional response}. The constant appearance of theaters in your dreams may be the focus of your emotional self, playing out 'on the stage of life'. Dreams are about our emotions.

The ending of a dream can be important. The two men could represent the attitude of your husband, and how you should be more objective like him {one would be your husband, the other your own masculine qualities}. Being in the closet would be 'storing/hiding these masculine aspects', possibly a reference to your personality, and not wanting to be the objective type {the primary focus of the dream is your emotional self}. Your husband offers little help in your emotional response, all the while as you seek that emotional support. This emotional support is probably a focus of the dream.

A suggestion. If you are not receiving the emotional support from your husband it may be advisable to seek that support elsewhere. The dream does seem to be pointing to an overwhelming emotional cry for help. With all the stress you are under due to your son's condition, and a husband whose personality is not supportive { this doesn't necessarily make him a bad person}, finding an 'outlet' for your emotions would be crucial. This may be the prime focus of the dream, finding a way to express yourself and having support in healing your heart.

The deeper issue would be 'why are you such an emotional type?' {dreams usually address the two aspects-the condition and also the underlying reasons for it}. That would go back to early life experiences/influences and at some time in the future something you may want to examine in more detail. For the moment though the real issue would be the emotions and finding support you need in this stressful period of your life.

As for your dreams. 'Fixing' the dream is not something many can do. Since dreams are therapeutic by nature {think of dreams as being like your body's immune system-helping you fight off emotional disease}, and because nature gave us dreams so to help with the emotions, changing them is not something that is meant to be. There is one possible avenue to 'changing' the contents of our dreams, albeit on a limited basis. It is called lucid dreaming. This is where you take control of your dreams. But it takes a lot of effort and training. Plus I am one who believes it is not the best route to take for most people since it does alter nature's intention of a therapeutic tool. Dreams reveal your true self, true emotional conditions so you are able to better understand what you may not consciously be aware of. They reflect your conscious life but also provide unconscious aspects that you may have repressed, ignored or forgotten. Plus, as I mentioned, it goes to the underlying causes for why you act as you do, why you are who you are. Understanding these aspects will let you adjust whatever is out of balance in your life.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee    &     Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present