Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Posting For college class: "You've always Known"

Day events: Practiced for a demonstration speech for COM101, had a previous dream which I spent half the day trying to decode/figure out. Worked out, changed the time I usually do them, after a week to convince myself to do them early. I asked in prayer to meet my dream maker.

Phase one:
I and a teen hood friend were trying to get back to my house. We are riding on bikes which later turned into motorcycles after getting stuck in traffic, I was getting nervous that I wouldn’t make it home in time. The motorcycle itself catches a flat, I get more nervous. The motorcycle ends up being my step fathers in which I was trying to return it to the garage before he found out. Finally we pull up to the house where my mom is in the garage and tells me “don’t worry it’s not like I haven’t taken things from him when I wasn’t supposed to.”

Phase two:
I was moving along a highway, noticed by looking out what seemed to be a car window. Flashes of my brothers fiancé face came up, I’ve never really like looking at her, eye to eye. So I try avoiding looking, now were making out, kissing only.

Phase Three:
I’m in a grocery store half food half non foods. I recognize a female in a line, my ideal type of female in looks and aurora. She kisses me, I get a calm feeling of “Im the King”. I walk away from her and see my friend from the early dream, he is selling hotdogs from be hind a stand. I pick up a conversation of two men wanting to get a girl, i thought kidnap. I walk a little bit more around the store and see that two women also want to get some girl. I keep walking and see the girl, white sandy brown hair blue eyes, she has this worried look on her face, I tell her sorry. Then I lead her through the store running from the two men and two women, at one point throw glass objects at them. I lose the girl and end up outside the front of the store. While running towards a man I wake up in the dream, I get real excited and my dream skips, I take notice and calm myself down. I look at the man as he takes notice that I am awake, white long hair, blue eyes dressed in white. A red car swerves by in the direction I know the girl went, I hear “that’s her sisters!” I try to ka me ha me ha the car and fail. I run up the street look to my left and see the girl I kissed in the store, she says “Your running out of time” I get mad and in anger ask “Time, you don’t even know what time is.” I stop short in my sentence and a feeling of understanding comes over me, I take off running up the street.

Phase Four:
I’m laying down in the back seat of a car, I open my eyes, my brother and his fiancé are looking at me. My brother says “You were asleep yet you were yelling out precisely where we were going.”

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 las vegas, NV

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} MALE

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Posting For college class: "You've always Known"

Zontonnia,
Is this one dream or a series of dreams?. I assume it is your dream and you are 26 years old and a male. Age and gender are very important when interpreting dreams. I will explain why when I get your response and I interpret the dream{s}. If you are not familiar with Jungian dream psychology I suggest you read my page at Myths-Dreams-Symbols A Simple Guide to Dreams.

Also. You titled your post "Posting For college class: "You've always Known." Is this a class project? If it is I will try accommodate the class with needed info to understanding dreams. Some of my reasoning can be read in my response to the dream 'dark night dream where I spoke of how dreams are therapeutic and have a language of symbol and metaphor as does mythology, fairey tales and folklore. They tell a story where lessons are learned not only about a person but also the story about the primary character. Dreams do the same except the story is about the dreamer and the dreamer's emotional life. The various universal patterns you find in myth are the various personal patterns found in dreams that fit the dreamer. The universal symbols/patterns in myth are what we call Jung's archetypes. We all naturally possess these images because they are ingrained with our psyche at birth.
and explains why the Egyptians of 2000 BCE and Mayans of the c. 2000 BC to 250 AD had similar temples/pyramids. The ingrained images followed from the unconscious.
Dreams do that also.

The language of dreams is similar to Egyptian hieroglyphs. It had an influence on the developing early human mind/psyche that has today become the norm. Understanding the functions of the brain, and its psychology, we have been able to map a lot of what was not understood previously. Jung provided much of that understanding.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee    &     Gifford Fence Orlando
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Zontonnia,
Let me make a correction to my previous post. I misspoke when I said,
"The language of dreams is similar to Egyptian hieroglyphs. It had an influence on the developing early human mind/psyche that has today become the norm."
I should have said hieroglyphs were developed as a language because of the 'universal' material we humans possess, the images if not taken from unconscious contents were at least influenced by those unconscious stimuli. I do think ancient hieroglyphs re-inforced the unconscious stimuli to what is the norm for humans today. Only they come up in our dreams. We have evolved to many different languages in our speech in our waking life but the dream, and thus the unconscious, has kept symbolic images as its language.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

yes the mage and gender are right, the class Im doing it for is PSY 228 psy of dreams. So thank you for wanting me to read up on some info, but what we are learning in class will do, and yes the jung is one we are readying.

As far as research ive done years worth... Its just more of our teacher wants us to post a dream on a web site get some feed back and then we give our feed back and turn it in as an "options credit". Ive pretty much already decoded the dream, just posting it for others repsonse

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} MALE

Zontonnia,
I'll work on your dream today and provide an interpretation in the morning. You seem very confident you know what the dream is trying to communicate. And confident in your abilities to interpret dreams as well as knowing Jungian psyche. Not to cast a negative note on such confidence I will remind you of a proverb all 'Jungians' take as truth.

He who knows doesn't know
He who doesn't know knows

After 20 years of study and 14 years of interpreting dreams I am still asking questions.

Jerry

Confident yes, as to the quote, very true.. Though Im not saying that i know what it means, im just confident in what its pointing at, but then why when and all the other questions I dont have the answer too..

Thank you though for taking the time to do so for me.

And yea, the confidence comes from my the life ive lived, very mystic.

Zontonnia,
I am still examining your 'dream' and will give my thoughts later. I have a business and must spend a lot of time and energy with that and thus less time with my dreamwork.

A couple of questions that may be important. I usually interpret dreams to help the individual understand the dream so they can better understand themself. To give an interpretation for a class project I will need exact information or the interpretation could be lacking if the essential elements needed for proper interpretation is lacking.

Question.
Is this your dream or it is a class project using someone else's dream that has been given 'a correct interpretion'? If this is not your dream then I must know the gender and age of the dreamer. The gender of the dreamer is important because one must determine and differentiate the anima/animus in the dream. Age is important because a younger person, like yourself, the dream must be examined with a different eye due to the stage and experience of the dreamer's life.

Also, the way you have posted the dream is confusing. It is best to state the dream in a narrative just as it unfolded. The dream is a story about the dreamer's emotional life and it should be told like the story it is. The only difference it is primary in a language of symbol and metaphor {age can have an influence on how much is purely symbolic}. Could it be you are using Jung's method to the structure of dreams in posting the dream in stages. The structure of a dream is pointing to how one can look at the dream and not how to post it.

A clue to what I see in the first two stages of the dream.

Stage 1
On one level the teen hood friend would be an aspect of the dreamer. In another aspect it could also have waking life associations {this is where age can be important}.

Bikes turning into motorcycles may suggest personal growth or moving from one stage to another. The dreamer is stuck due to something within their life's experiences. Being nervous may suggest self doubt. This may be pointing to personality traits {dreams often expose personality traits} as well as emotional conflicts about oneself. Their is a relationship with the step father, most likely a conflict. There is also a relationship with the mother. The dreamer shares similar aspects/experiences with her. Again this probably involves the relationship with the step father.

I'll continue my interpretation late, after I have time to inspect the third stage of the dream.

Stage 2
The second stage involving the brother's fiancee is could be metaphor for anima qualities. We may want to look back at the first stage and the shared qualities with the mother. Avoiding these qualities, coming to terms with true aspects.

Another possibility, again depending on the age of the dreamer, the dreamer may be at a stage of life having to do with females. He has yet to fully engage in this aspect, having only reached first base.

Both possibilities could be applicable. Let's see how the dream unfolds to determine if that may be true.

Jerry

This is my dream: male 26

Intresting about the pfirst part, I didnt think to look at the frined thing in that way, he is gtting out of prison soon and we were close but never really understaood each other, I said to another friend of ours Id encourage him to do right this time, but only wha tI can do.

The part with my step father is yes, we do have a conflict of a whats his and whats not mine, I currently stay with both my maother and step father also.

My relationship with my mother is one of closeness, I try to look out for her against my step father and other worldy thing she may not understnd, and in return we somewhat take on the world.

The part about my brother, I took as that maybe since ive always been into trying to help lost females, she is lost, they both are 22 in a marriage.. married at 20 i think. But they are going through it, long story short, ive been intrested in trying to hlep bring up the mind of the female and she is stuck in a fairy tale land still. My last relationship 4 years was of the same content. So i took it in that way since ive even had dreams of my sisters where things were sexual, in the dream. They too are and were lost.

But no this dream i did not present to the class. Its just an options credit, something we don on our own, then report back to our teacher our thoughts of what and how other interpreted the dream for extra credit.

I think since I have some free time and am interested in this dream that I'll try to help some. It actually reminds me of a lot of my dreams. If you have read a good bit of jungian psych, you'll probably have a decent idea and humbling, that has been my dreams' effect on me anyway, humbling. That is, if it's interpreted in jung's terms. I can relate to your dream since it reminds me of many of my own and the dreams I had when I was around your age. So, to me it suggests strongly a moral conflict, and places an emphasis on your struggle with your more insinctual impulses. Jerry hit on the essence of the dream I think when he said your friend is an aspect of you. He is the dubious one inside of all of us, seeking the cheaper shelter of easy affection at mom's house. Your step dad's motorcylce could mean probably either you are enhancing your image of yourself with a more powerful vehicle in life, or you are attempting to overpower your step dad in a some degree of competition with him for your mom's affection. or maybe both, who knows. Now in the grocery store is where there is also cheap access to instinctual desires, yet there is a part of you seeking something more spiritual, so it's only half food. Now you have an image of that woman who evokes those sublime spiritual instincts. We all at younger ages have the damndest time untangling those feelings from the most carnal desires in the image of woman. So, attracted to her sublimity, you then kiss and that opens the door to the dubious man, willing to do anything if it's carnal enough. The hot dogs and your friend I would guess are erections, and the abductors are you, multiplied to two, and now even more powerful against your naive spiritual aspirations. The women after her, depending on how they were clothed, could have been there to protect your spirit from your instincts, or could have been there to represent the instincts as the men are. The lucidity and the old man seems simple proof that there is a moral aspect accessable, and can reinforce your aspirations. The end is a wonderful juxtaposition of your conflict, a nice portrait. There you are, in the trunk, waking up to the realization that you are being driven here there and anywhere by the manifold forces inside you, and yet you have some sense of the direction you wish to take. If I could give any advise I would just say be patient and don't be too judgemental on yourself unless you absolutely must. "Nature has first claim upon man, only long afterwards does the luxury of intellect come." I would make spirit and intellect interchangeable here. It's something I have to reckon with to this day. That is, if jung is right.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 Missoula MT

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Whoa Whoa, sam.. OK so now both of you are taking it into a deeper meaning and hitting on areas I overlooked. Thanks, and my teacher said that could happen.. But even from this dream the two of you are reading my life as if you known me, pretty cool.

As for my friend in the dram I forgot to look at it in that way, that the dream is about me, not the actual people in it.

And yes I tend to be looked at as trying to do good so ppl tend to give in to my needs, shelter has been one since i was 15. The bike into the motorcycle, another seemingly dead on, Ive been working on getting a higher self within rather then the old ways.
So the trying to take over the affecton from my mother, its the other way that put my mind in an "Ohhhh" being something more, stronger and so on...

Made me think more, since the dream is aspects of me, id have to look more into the why 2 men and 2 females.

the kissing the women thing, also another aspect Ive been telling my "within" we need to work on overcomming

didnt really get a good look at the way the people were dressed, my best flash memory is plaid clothing, browns and blue s and reds, blacks sort of red neck thing, no offfense.

And you made me think also, the old man in white, it was like a run into the wall type of thing, then to all of a sudden wake up in the dream just before i run into him.

"I would make spirit and intellect interchangeable here"

Not quite sure what you mean??

But thank you so much , I did forget and you reminded me that the dream is of me, that it is all tied together and so on.. Also yes jung is what we are learngin, I had his teaching in my Psy 101 also.. Thoughtful guy he is.

Again thank you becuase even what i read here will remind me and help me understand my dream from last night and the others to come.

Its some what tuff work to get to understand that which is within, but where there is tuff work there are strong foundations... Thanks..

Oh please if you could explain what you meant about:

I would make spirit and intellect interchangeable

here

Zontonnia,
OK, now that I know this is your dream I feel more comfortable with giving an interpretation. There are many factors to giving an interpretation and if the dream was not yours then it would be most difficult to give a proper response.

Before I begin my final interpretation I want to say that dream interpretation is highly subjective. There is only so much the dream offers and an interpreter can translate. A good decoder of dreams can see along the periphery of a dream but the final assessment of what the dream is about is left to the dreamer {the reason the dream should be posted by the dreamer}. Look at your life, present and past, and see what fits. With your understanding of Jungian psyche you should be able to see more than most and understand those aspects I can not speak directly to but do provide good possibilities. If that happens, you are able to tie all the ends together, then I consider it a proper interpretation.

The opening of the dream seems to be pointing to personal growth {bikes to motorcycles} issues. And relationships {step father and mother. I sense these are issues to do with deeper aspects of your life and the rest of the dream does seem to point to this {I'll explain as I give my interpretation}. Of course with all dreams there are at least to applications. The second aspect of your dream would be addressing more current waking life experiences. Perhaps we can determine what those aspects are also. It is very likely the early life aspects have a bearing, and influence, on the current waking issues.

The teen hood friend would be you of course, another aspect that is probably unconscious. The 'hood' could be saying something about unconscious aspects that are not seen. This would be pointing to experiences/influences from early life {your ten years}. Relationships with your step father and more particularly your mother.

The motorcycle has a flat. This opening statement would be pointing to the future. Some aspect of that has a 'flat', not operational as it should be. This 'flat' makes you nervous. We should be able to apply this 'nervous' aspect to your present life {perhaps a 'nervousness' in association with present day relationships with the 'feminine'}. The motorcycle belongs to your step dad. What you possessed was actually his. Returning it may suggest there are aspects you possess you do not want. Your mom is in the house, which of course is you {and your relationship with her}. Taking things you weren't supposed to may be addressing 'taking aspects from childhood into adulthood'.
What these aspects are not yet clear.

The next 'phase' would be your later life {your use of phases actually fits here}. The highway is your journey in life. There are views of unconscious feminine influences, flashes of the past. Your brother may be symbolic for 'closely related' aspects within yourself, or even shared aspects. His fiancee would be the feminine aspects, aspects you are now 'engaged in'. Aspects you can not look 'in the eye' but wish you make out.

This may be pointing to the unconscious influences from your past. Not able to see those feminine aspects which now influence your personality today. Unconscious stimuli. Something you are consciously avoid but because of unconscious stimuli from your past.

Also look to current experiences to do with the feminine. Do you have problems in this area? Relationships with females? If so why? The early life, deeper issues would have a lot to do with it. The focus of the dream perhaps?

This '3rd' stage gets to the feminine aspects. Food is emotional nourishment. Half of the equation would be emotional, half physical? Your type of female. Influences of the mother? Did your mother pamper you as a child? There is a throwback to your teen years. Aspects of those years, in relationship with your mom, were 'taken away, kidnapped. This has influenced your present day abilities in relationships.

The dialog turns to what I believe is a mixture of current waking life experiences with the past. This seems to be common in dreams, a sorting of the past and present with terminology that has meaning but more difficult to understand. Some of the current experiences, as depicted in the dream, can only be explained by the dreamer. Other aspects are noting duality and the conflicts of conscious/unconscious.

I take away from the dialog you are now being confronted by past emotional influences/experiences {in front of the store}. You are running away from those experiences but at the same time are taking note of them. This could have to do with your conscious engagement in understanding your dreams. The calming affect would be due to these exercises.
Running out of time may be about current relationships with females. By running away from your true feelings, which are unconsciously driven, there is internal anger toward yourself. Not knowing what time it is would be about the past time in relationship to the present time. The dream, with its therapeutic value, provides an understanding and lets you continue on your desired path to finding balance and harmony {the intent of dreams}.

The back seat of the car is your unconscious. Opening up to those aspects the other self, brother, and the related feminine aspects are 'looking' back at you. The past is influencing the present. Your dreams are 'yelling out precisely' where you are going, what the emotional conflicts are.

Final Assessment
My sense is present day relationships with the feminine have been greatly influenced by your past experiences with your mother. The dream could also be speaking to that relationship with your mother in the present although I believe it is addressing relationships with females I general. What was it from those teen years in relationship with your mother that left emotional energies that were and are still in conflict? These would be the two applications of the dream, sorting through past influence/experiences and determining what affects they have on you today in your relationship with females. Are you or do you look for relationships with women who are like your mother? Did she pamper you, was that disrupted in some way by the intervention of your step father? How would that affect you today in your relationships with women? I sense this is what the dream is focused. The exact conflicts can only be determined by you. Of course if there is future consultations with a trained psychologist in the field of dreams the two of you could sort it out.

Dreams reveal the true self and by understanding dreams we can see what is really within the unconscious. Often there are contents the conscious mind does not remember, realize or may even repress. Early life experiences and influences are the foundations of who you become. Dreams will reach back to those foundations and try to reveal them to the dreamer so there can be a reconciliation and healing. Such is the power of dreams.

One final thought. Is your teacher/professor trained in Jungian psyche/dream psychology? Understanding the deeper possibilities to the dream are important when looking at dreams. The older you get the more the dream will focus on the deeper aspects {sorting through the accumulated baggage incurred throughout life} in an attempt to bring about harmony and balance to life. Dreams are therapeutic and much like the body's immune system try to bring about a healing to the person's psychology. By exposing what is not known or realized the person, through their dreams, can see what cracks in the foundations there are, Self realization is the first step to self healing. Dreams are agents of healing, nature's way of correcting what is out of balance within the psyche. Just as nature does with the body and the immune system. Thought by most as a metaphysical process when in fact it is a natural process.

Also I want to say Sam makes some very great points. The 'competition and your mom's affection' are right on. Instinctual desires may also have a place within the present day experiences. Consider what that has been said, put it together and see what fits.

I look forward to your response and your grade for this assignment.

Jerry

oK so a broad over view of everything you said, Jerry.

The part about my mother, and it seems that females in general I have tried and tried to understand them. Even onese like m mother who went through a ruff relationship with my real father, and now she has this way of thinging that i dont accept, but then again i live in las vegas NV. sin city, i couldnt stand most females be cuase the way they think, I thought that females were very low. But why was the quest I was looking for.

I found out that its hard for a female to find a male who is on the right track and doing something good. Where im from atleast, and so with my mother.

My mother and I were seperated many times, due to her still wanting to go ut when we first moved to vegas since she had us at a young age. For the most part of it i would see my mother for 3-5 hrs a day from the age of five untill 14.. my step father was in the airforce and we moved around alot also, my mother worked two jobs and so on. I didnt really see my mother..

At the age of 7 I started showing signs of depression which lead to epilepsy at the age of 15 after my first break up with a female that cheated on my for 2 years, at the time i didnt know how long it was going on, i only found out she was cheating..

So yes me and femlaes have had a hard time getting along. My two sisters were, even lower to me, basic hood rats for the men and even were doing prostituion and call girls, i did however sat by and watch it happen, I even hung out with their "PIMPS". Though i didn manage to run one female of from the "game".

What you get at though does make more sense when it comes to what is with in me, meaning that the fem. with in me has also been lashed out by non other then myself. Since last year I thought it was something more wrong with me because Ive felt this fem. childish like within me which i tried to supress and "ACT like a man" when it would happen.

Though if i would just take the time to accept and understand the fem within myself who whishes to be understood and expressed then I could finally finish or reach what ive been looking/asking for.

3 DAYS AGO I HAD A DREAM where I was learning to fly, and make inner energy into outter energy, Guess who my guide was.. A white female, white hari drapped in white clothes with a blue arura surronding her..

Even while reading what you wronte, it dawned on me that if i truly want to understand that of which i seek, look within, fem is with in as much as male is, we just choose which we express more or need to.

Thank you and Sam for reminding me that dreams are aspects of "ME" just dressed different, since its trying to "hint to me (symbolic)

To me it means to express, accpet, understand and be one with what Ive surpressed not only in the waking world but within, the FEM.

As for the car part, Yes i do speak/pray to thee self.... And i speak alot about feeligs and actions and deep into the darker side of it all questioning outcomes and getting little answers back, Its part of why i named this dream, "YOUVE ALWAYS KNOWN"

Yet i have a tendency to do the opposite of what i know and do the unknown just to see if i could.... survive???
And here is the aspect of my step father, all the "When i was your age i should have done this and that, but here I am doing this."

Ive taken many turns in my life while saying, "I know i should have went that way, but here I am."

tHE ISSUe with the females is that i have a hard time or not wanting to approach or deal with females who i in my words "Cant see past their face." in other words all they see is the worldin front of them and they are the only one in it.. Its like renting an expensive hotel room when there is a 5 star down the street for less.

Even a new female who is a freind i feel the same way, she talks about herself, even when we talk about her husband its about her and like many of them she is at a point of "I dont get it" about everything else around her. But she understands herself..

But i have learned to stop surpressing those types of females/feelings in the awaken world so i should learn to also stop surpressing them with in...

Also the outside the store part you mentioned the inside aer alot of distractions, my friend, the female kissing, the food part and so on... well i mentioned them you took note of it and noted...

Well i also thought that in front of the store what was happening inside is happening outside.. within and on the out... get it the dream world and waking world..

well it seems that on the outside where i woke up inthe dream things are clearer to me and since they are things are moving faster, so its like Im running out of time... because inside the store or within I still have all those things that ive been or have been running from. Guess though also thats why i tried to do a KA ME HA ME HA outside the store.. More focused...

So yes the femle thing is dead on, the car part with my brother and his fiance apects of not wanting to look is dead on...

And yes, it seems that im in a prt of my life where instead of continuing on with and not realizing my wrong turns, that now im taking note of many things, my self within is using my past to keep me on track of those things i need to take note of.. like a guide to keep on the RIGHT track of what needs to be done, not what do I "think" should be done.

as far as my teacher yes we are learing the Jung, Even though not as much.. YET.... im still only 4 class days in,,, though in my PSY 101 which i passed last term we used JUNG as a text book just about...

Well thanks jerry, and will post my grade for this, thanks again, youve helped... and the funnie thing is that Ive been learing to trust that which is with in, and out of about 10 websites my teacher gave to us to post on I let my sub.con choose this one, out of it i learned and was reminded of what was needed. It gets wierd sometimes, but I just smile and go along with the ride...

Zontonnia,
Although I am interested in your grade for this assignment my real concern is for any emotional conflict in your life this dream is trying to communicate. I have a deep interest in dreams and the psyche but true joy comes from knowing that from my interpretations a person discovers something about themself that helps in resolving any conflict they have in life. The ultimate goal for anyone who lives by the concept of 'Individuation is to discover and utilize the spiritual aspect. Interpreting dreams is a part of my 'bliss and this bliss factor is predicated on doing 'what in life one loves most doing'. More often this bliss is centered in the muse, the creative being. Art, music, poetry, and in my case dream psychology and web design {Myths-Dreams-Symbols is an expression of the other me, my true self}, are outlets for the deep spiritual being that resides within us all. By giving of oneself to the other is a hero deed. And the ultimate hero is the spiritual self. It is moving out of the realm of ego and material governance to a life that is shaped by blissfully giving of oneself to help others. That is the ultimate bliss. Helping you get a good grade is a lesser concern in comparison to what I hope is a discovery of something you did not know about yourself and your life that illuminates your spirit to being your true self.

As to your dream there does seem to be a real conflict of the feminine vs the masculine, all too common in too many men today. I will give a full response later to your latest post and hopefully provide better insights to this conflict.

In the beginning of our conversation I thought your 'overconfidence' would be a deterrent to understanding what the dream is trying to communicate. But in the end it has helped you to open up and express those true emotions. This is a beginning path to the true self. If and when you learn to openly express yourself to others you can begin to hear what the inner being has to say. This is what the dream attempts to do, express that true self. Learning to listen to both is real progress. Listening is learning and learning of what is within is a step toward that bliss I spoke of. At the age of 26, if you will stay this path, by the time you reach mid-life you will be at the top of your game, socially, psychologically and most importantly spiritually/creatively.

Jerry

Hey thanks.. and I tend to be open ever since i found out i was rebeling only against myself, which made my wolrd seem like a war.

But thank you, and im glad that i can contribte to such a bliss, that gives me a good feeling.

aND at times it is hard to find someone who does what they do because its there happy place, some and or most ive seen do it for that material governance you said.

Oh well, atleast Ive come to your website to see otehr wise.

I have just a couple ideas to add for you guys. I just got a James Hillman book, it's called Blue Fire, it's a collection of exerpts from him, edited by him and another person. He was in charge of the Jungian Institute in Zurich for ten years, but many Jungians are quite ambivalent about the body of his work. I read the first chapter and it was a little unsettling.

First off about the intellect/spirit substitution, all I was saying was that it appears to take quite a bit of time for conflicts of our nature to resolve. To a certain extent, we are what we are, and that part of individuation and/or growth is the simple yet not so simple art of allowing the conflicts a place in your life. How much of the conflict is natural and how much is artificial, the answer may be that it is more natural than we assume. If that is the case, then maybe, as Hillman seems to suggest, it wouldn't hurt to accept the conflicts as a great experience, deepening and strengthening our understanding, and making us more tolerant to the different and sometimes opposing forces within us.

Hillman seemed to think that the institution built from jung's ideas sometimes put too much emphasis on the final goal of individuation and harmony, without giving enough appreciation of the fact that the conflicts themselves can create a durable, resiliant and tolerant personality. To me it seems to fit well with jung's statement that 'nature has first claim' upon us. That a large part of the great experience of life is that educating dilemma of conflict. I think there are many worthy and admirable challenges in life, and almost everyone knows the score and deep down speaks in the mystery of life, despite their possible naivette or culturally determined metaphysical convictions. But it seems to me that if a person knows their dreams, they are more aware of the challenges life imposes. The conflicts of the soul are experienced far more intimately and soulfully when dreams are remembered by consciousness. So much so that jung even said he could never begrudge someone for letting that cup pass from their lips. how deep and mysterious is the soul? a seemingly innocent question.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 Missoula MT

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Very well said, I had a thought that not only was i being shown confilicts from within or those conflicts that was going on that I avioded... But that even within was the leassons just as they are in the physical world.

In a sense to being one, then we must accept all that we encounter whether from the conscious or sub.

thanks sam
Really all i did was say what you said in the way i understand it

I got my grade in and got 12 points on it, the max. Thanks for your help and I have to post another one for a another grade. Hope all is well and the help will be the same.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 las vegas

Zontonnia,
That is great news. Maxing the test not only reflects a good grade but a good understanding of dream psyche. Do you feel you have a 'natural' inclination to understanding dreams? It may be psychology would be a good road to take as your life's profession.

I would say good luck with the next test. But luck has little to do with it. Understanding the concepts and the study of Jungian psyche is what will provide you another 'maximum' effort and grade.

Jerry

Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Murfreesboro , Tn

Most defintily (spell check) Psy is my major, i thougth about social work though still not sure which direction life has for me.

And yes your words ring very true, understanding is the key to many gates. Thank you so much again.

And another yes to I belive I not only better Understand my dreams, the dream world, life and the self after your help with the dream interpertation. I find my self atleast 3 times a day going through a dream while doing my daily task. Its become a daily routine now.

Yup.. ...understanding, she (understanding) is beautiful

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 las vegas

you felt like a king
feeling of king in your dream indicates that success and prestige are within reach. You will rise above your problems and adversities. The king is symbolic of power and control. Alternatively, the king symbolizes your father or some father figure. You are looking for support.
To dream that you are the king represents your masculine power. Alternatively, it indicates that you have attained a high level of authority and power. Perhaps you are becoming too domineering or overly confident.
kissing.
If you dream that you are kissing a stranger, then it represents acknowledgement and acceptance of the repressed aspect of yourself. If you are kissed by a stranger, then your dream is one of self-discovery. You need to get more acquainted with some aspect of yourself.
i think from this dream you can learn alot about yourself

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: las vegas / 21

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Thank you again for what you’ve said, Ive always asked to surpass where others have failed and within my life my FORE-fathers, who ive been told are wealthy in knowledge and wisdom.. have fallen when it comes to women. And as from my past life and within the dream that issue with women arises and has before with other dreams. Though now again now I better understand it. And I don’t mean the dominance of women I mean the understanding and being as one with not only male, whichi am but with women.. and it does lead to going beyond understanding… but long story short when I read this one I thought about that and how many times Ive asked to over it and here in a dream a female shows me while in my waking world a female tells me. Thanks you : )

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26

stats from 7-14-10 to the present