Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Deja Vu - The Past

Had a very vivid dream a night ago. I was outside looking at these stone buildings that looked old style English and had vibrant green ivy growing all over them from ground to roof vertically. I see my father and a couple of other older men. They are dressed in nice brown tweed, wool, and perhaps corduroy. Their clothing look new, well made, good quality, and fit well. It is overcast outside. They are standing in front of one of the buildings and it is well worn dirt path with tire mark paths with grass growing in the middle between tracks. I am looking at my father and these men and don't feel danger, but an inevitability of circumstances as my father is aging and he has gray hair.

Then I am in this clothing outlet store that I have been in before. It is like a big open room with racks and shelves of clothing. I notice though the lighting seems a low muted orange and it seems to be fall clothes as I look at them. I see a woman rolling in a new set of clothes and she has short dark hair in a bob and is wearing a long dark/brown skirt, with same shade boots, and a dark orange/pumpkin long sleeved collared silk blouse. Her skin is also a deep brown and she appears to be plump perhaps African. I am walking towards the door to go out. All the clothes are nice and well made including on the girl.

Then I see this girl I know who has blond hair who is coming out from a door from the right side of the room and walking by in front of me. She is wearing I think yellow, but more like mustard and dark gold in also nice well made clothing, fall clothes. Then I see my boyfriend who has left from my previous dream coming out of that same door she came from and he is also in nice clothing with a dark brown wool jacket and pants and an orange/pumpkin colored nice collared shirt. He was unexpected and it seemed he sneaked himself in and he is also walking toward me and then by me not really looking at me, but he knows I am there and he seems to have a hopeful look on his face as he walks by perhaps hoping I will acknowledge him. His hair is done also nicely and he has nice dark brown shoes on. The feeling I get from him has no hostility or animosity, but a hopefulness and caring.

I wake up and I think about my father. I feel concerned about his inevitable death and it makes me a little sad. I think about the other scenes too.

I got a message from my boyfriend thanking me for the box I sent him for V-day.

Hmmm :-/
~A

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 & Southeast

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Deja Vu - The Past

Angel,
i'll try to provide n interpretation to your dream either later today or in the morning. Pressing business {work} requires my energies this morning.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee    &     Gifford Fence Orlando
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Angel,
My impression of the first part of your dream, which usually sets the stage for what emotional conflict the dream is to convey, are of past experiences/influences {old style English buildings to do with men and likely your father in particular. There may be elements of guilt involved where healing has begun to take place {stone building with vibrant green ivy}. The new clothing may suggest thee past experiences have left an influence on your psyche that defines your personality in certain aspects {possibility to do with men}. There are 'marks/impressions' on your psyche that are in the process or are in a need of healing and it may have become more important recently. It could be the past influences/experiences are now more than ever exerting their influence on who you are. It could also be your father is aging and you need to reconcile these emotions.
{It is hard to put a finger on exactly the emotional conflict is but healing and your father seem to be the central theme}.

The clothes in the second part of the dream are probably defining you and your personality as it is today. Again I sense healing or reconciliation as a theme. The clothing outlet store would be you and your past {I have been before}. The new set of clothes would suggest a need/desire for new outlook in life {the fall clothing suggests 'depleted' feelings, possibly depression}. The woman may be someone from your past, perhaps your mother. Being African may suggest a 'shadow' of yourself. Something about this person, the woman aspects that reflect on your personality, changed to make life better.
{Are your parents divorced?.

These past experiences/influences have become acceptable but also define who you are today in certain aspects {have influenced your personality}. Those influences may have associations in your relationships with men. Brown is an 'autumn/fall' color and past experiences/influences with your father early in life have 'tainted' how you feel.engage men today.

I am going to make a stab at what the dream is trying to communicate, something I don't often do since dreams seldom provide a direct answer to the emotional conflicts it is focusing.
Could this be the message of the dream? Your relationship early in life with your father, because of his personality/actions, has influenced how you interact with men today. The healing may involve a desire/need to reconcile these emotions. It could also be about reconciling with your actual father. Does this fit with your life?
Jerry

Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,

Thank you for your interpretation. As always they present an insight that helps me to look deeper into the meaning of my dreams.

This one does speak about my relationship(s) about men/the men in my life possibly.

As for my father, we have had our disagreements, but he has always been a kind influence in my life. It could be a combination of things referring to my father's aging and relationship to a male influence in my earlier life.

Peace and blessings,
~A

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 & Southeast

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Angel,
I appreciate the response. It would have been great if you could have elaborated more but if it is something personal you wish not to share we must respect those wishes. The male influence seems to be a prime focus of the dream and any early life experiences could have left a mark on your psyche which in turn could have affected your personality. Do analyze this possibility so to understand what those might be. Need not share your thoughts, merely a suggestion that may help somewhere in future relationships.

Jerry

Gifford Fence Melbourne   &     Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics

stats from 7-14-10 to the present