Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Elaine's Purse

ELAINE’S PURSE
I am observing this dream as if it were a TV show and I am walking inside it---Elaine (from the Seinfeld show) is sitting at a small table in an open area that is crowded with people (reminds me on the inside of an airport terminal. I am admiring the way she is dressed with scarves draped casually around he shoulders, her coat is open, a dark color and there is a loosely knitted red scarf or shawl around her shoulders. She also has a very unusual purse, It is two shades of leather stitched together, one part is blue, one is pink, sewed together with sinew across the middle (like an Indian rug is repaired if it is authentic). The top closes with draw strings---the leather is firm and holds its shape so the purse resembles a three dimensional diamond when closed. Another woman comes up to Elaine and admires her purse. Elaine gets up to talk to someone on the phone and leaves her purse nearby on the table---the other woman is watching it for her but she is a stranger to Elaine and I wonder if she will take it. I am also thinking that the purse really doesn’t go with Elaine’s outfit. Then the other woman asks Elaine if she can borrow the purse to show to her friend and Elaine agrees. The woman has the purse, Elaine is walking close behind her---there is a large crowd of people filling a rectangular area that they are walking around. They become separated by the crowd and the woman is on the other side of this area and showing the purse to her friend. Elaine calls out to her that she wants her purse back. The woman tosses it across the crowd but it turns upside down on the way and the contents fall out and land on the lower level---there is an opening like when you are on the upper floor of a mall near the stairway---it is a narrow opening and the people are so close it wasn’t visible. I am wondering who is legally responsible for this loss---I think the other woman should pay for it. I am wondering how the show will end. I have a sense that the writers of the show are
not going to hold the other woman responsible.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69- Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Elaine's Purse

Pat,
Odd that your dream involves 'Elaine' from the Seinfeld show. I recently have given thought to how much I appreciate how well she has aged. She has a new TV program about to begin and it has gotten positive reviews. When she was on Seinfeld she was young and inexperienced. Could this dream have something to do with your inner worth {purse}, introspection on your own personal growth as you enter the phase of life I think of as the 'wisdom' years? Purses can also represent 'hidden aspects' as well as identity or personality aspects.

The TV show is a script of your life, the inner life {walking inside it as Elaine}. There are probably aspects about her you associate with, perhaps stimulated by recent coverage of her in the present day. The purse would be how you feel about yourself on the outside as well as your total self {which is the authentic self}. We all live in a three dimensional world but the desire is to discover that fourth aspect {diamond} that truly gives worth and meaning to life {to quote Joseph Campbell,'there is no meaning in life. You have to find meaning in your own life.'}

The other woman is you also, aspects about yourself you may have yet to realize or completely comes to terms with. Those aspects/associations about Elaine are being 'tossed' around {psychologically} and you want those associations back {this may be a reference to a younger you}. With introspection what is inside comes out {emotionally}. The lower level is the deeper depths of oneself. You are looking at yourself from a higher position {the dream} and within that is a narrow chance to realize what wasn't visible when looking at it from an outer perspective.

The loss is life and in life there is the what could have been and should have been {in introspection}. The other woman, you, is responsible for the loss but will she be held accountable? This is the ego context of not being responsible for the past and with that wisdom is lost {loss}. When one looks inward and sees what is valuable then the wisdom learned is utilized to live a better life. If one refuses to accept the true condition of their psyche, loss endures until the final curtain falls.

I sense you are going through a stage of introspection and this dream has to do with that. There are personal aspects I can not know but overall I believe it is about introspection on your life and what worth there is in the outer self as you navigate and examine your inner being.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Murfreesboro , Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present