Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Slasher

My sister and I get on a bus ---she has selected a movie for us to watch called Slasher. It is like we are in the movie. I sit on one side and she sits on the other. The bus is full of people. I tell her I really don’t like these kind of movies. I am going to have to close my eyes during the violent parts. Two young black men get on and sit behind me---they are going to be the ones who start slashing people with their knives. I tell my sister that I am going to wake myself up after all, I don’t want to go through this---I try to wake up and the man behind me starts to slash me with his knife---I have turned around and put my hands up so he is cutting my hands and arms. My sister says she is going to stay with the movie. Then I remember that I want to stay in scary dreams also and I say "okay--rerun the dream and start over" and I stop trying to wake up and the dream rewinds back to when the men sat down behind me. (in the dream it is like watching a video rewind)
Later in the dream there is a litter of newly born puppies---one has gotten separated from the litter and I am okay with that one being killed---the slasher needs to eat but I am protecting the rest of the litter, have my arms around them and am leaning over them.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69- Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: The Slasher

Pat,
Dreams are very much like movies. They are movies about your emotional life and what is shown are those emotional experiences that are in conflict, unresolved and have an unconscious if not conscious influence in your life. They can be unconsciously controlling. The dream's intent is to bring them up to conscious understanding so the dreamer can see what is there. If that is done there is a process for healing/resolution of the emotional conflicts. To ignore the dream is to ignore those possibilities of healing.

The fact your sister is in the dream may suggest these are shared experiences between the two of you {which would be understandable since you probably grew up together}. But she may also symbolize a shared aspect within yourself, she being another part of you. Both can apply and often do in dreams.

Sitting across from 'her' at the table may suggest opposites which often is another way of acknowledging emotional conflicts. The violent parts, were there such experiences in your early life? Not liking 'these kind' of movies may suggest you have pushed them deeper into the unconscious to an extent of repressing the memories/experiences. Closing your eyes could also be such an acknowledgement while at the same time depicting actual instances of experiences where you had to shut your eyes to the 'violent' experiences was they actually occurred.

The black men likely are symbolic of unconscious 'slashing' within your mind {the violent experiences from early life}. They could be actual experiences and if so you would know {after consciously acknowledging the experiences if repressed}. My sense they are symbolic of a masculine presence related to the violent experiences in your life {experiences related to a man or men}. The black description would refer to unconscious contents and not actual black men. Waking yourself up may allude to repressed aspects.

In the dream your sister stays with the movie. Either this is a reference of her staying with something in both of your lives while you make other choices, and/or a reference to parts of you that stayed with this experiences while the other parts want/need to move away from them {a possibility again to consciously acknowledging repressed contents}.

A desire to stay with the dream would be an unconscious if not conscious desire to confront whatever/whomever is responsible for the emotional conflicts. Constantly rewinding the video suggests going over again and again these 'violent' events.

Ne born puppies are animals that are new to the world and may represent something new to understanding these emotional events. One by one these experiences are being born to you're conscious mind, coming out of the darkness {black men} of the unconscious. But you must feed the repression so not to have to bare the pain of the experiences. This protects the litter which would be the possibility of eventually acknowledging past experiences. If they are indeed repressed emotions then they would need to be brought to light of consciousness, a new birth of acknowledging them. From the dream dialog I do sense a repression of something in your life. What violent experiences are there that may be repressed?
Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Murfreesboro , Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: The Slasher

Jerry,
Thank you for your response. The part about closing my eyes has occurred in other dreams recently and I had overlooked it in this one. I am wondering about repressed memories---what about things that might have happened when one was too young to remember? I also found helpful the idea about "feeding the repression." You are feeding me with helpful ideas as I work with this dream.
Pat

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69- Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present