Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream full of mixed feelings

Last night I dreamed I was making passionate love to a female friend of mine. (I used to have feelings for her but she didn't return those feelings - we hardly see each other anymore). The sex was hard and passionate (I include this as other sites I've looked on seemed to think this an important fact).

Then later on in the dream, I was making love to another female friend - someone I'm a little bit closer to - but my subconscious thought of them as the same person and it wasn't until I woke up that I realised that it hadn't been the same woman the whole way through the dream.

It should be mentioned that I have been interested in both women at different points in time.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, New Zealand

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dream full of mixed feelings

John,
At your age it is likely your libido has a lot to do with these dreams. Add to it you have had feelings/desires for both women and it would not be unusual for this unconscious love making.

But there may be more to the dream than just the libido factor. It may have as much to do about the psychological completion and the integration of contrasting aspects of the Self. We all have masculine and feminine aspects. Dreaming of a woman or women in some form usually relates to a man's feminine aspects. These aspects having little to do with sexual orientation {unless you are gay} than they are about the aspects we normally think of as being possessed by women. Intuition is one that comes to mind as a psychic feminine trait. I, as a male, possess a well developed intuitive mind which helps me in my working with dreams {and dealing with other people}. Love itself can be thought of as a feminine aspect since we think of women as being more prone to have such emotions more than men. A caring attitude, or giving of oneself, being the homemaker, these are feminine traits that many men possess, often beyond what is thought of as being a possession of a masculine male.

The dream's primary purpose may be about integrating your feminine aspects and less about the actual act of making love {dreams always address at least two aspects of a motif-making love to a woman being your dream motif}. One is the primary aspect the dream is attempting to communicate and the other a lesser aspect. If your dream is about integrating your feminine aspects then it may be about bringing together those attitudes of accepting yourself as a caring, loving, giving person. I have had dreams about feminine aspects that addressed my intuitive self with the dreams depicting woman as a focus of the dream. I know this because at the time of the dreams I had such experiences with intuitive functions {usually associated with my dream work} at the time I had the dreams. My dreams were reflecting conflicts in my waking life with the function of helping me realize or resolve the problems. Your dreams will be a reflection of your waking self, either as they are in real waking experiences or as they should be. If you need to incorporate these feminine aspects in your waking life then your dreams will reflect that need. A primary function of dreams is to help resolve emotional conflicts. Another , which is associated with those conflicts, is to show your true self. The true self is who you really are or should be and seldom the person you or others perceive you as being.

The anima aspects may be secondary and the libido may be the primary. Which reflects your waking life most, at the time you had the dream? It could be both, each needing a resolution to the conflicts that possess. At the age of 20, and because you do/did have 'feelings; for both women, the dream may be more 'Freudian' than 'Jungian'.

Such is the way of dreams. A lot more to them than most would think, and understand.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne
The Power of Dreams/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Murfreesboro , Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Dream full of mixed feelings

Thank you for that great answer. Some of the things in your reply made a lot of sense to me so thank you very much.
You said it sounded Freudian so I read up on that at this link (http://www.tnnweb.com/mds/freud.html) and found the information on it quite intriguing also.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, New Zealand

stats from 7-14-10 to the present