Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Dog Who Likes Being Underwater

Pat,
The beginning of the dream is probably setting the stage for the dream message. It would involve your mother, possibly your real mother in its relationship {if she is still alive} or in the way of inherent traits. In another sense it may be directed at you being a mother and/or the greater feminine psyche. The swimming pool would represent the personal unconscious {whereas a large body of water like the ocean would more likely symbolize the collective unconscious} and the white dog an obedience or loyalty {or possible attachment} to the mother symbol. The fear displayed in the dream would be an unconscious force that may manifest itself in conscious actions {being too attached to the mother because of unconscious stimuli as an example}. It could be causing you to 'drown' yourself in emotional conflict. In your conscious life you may have had to detach yourself from these emotions but because of the unconscious attachment and stimuli you can not completely sever yourself from them.

The interaction with the dog is an interaction with yourself. It involves your relationship with the mother symbol. You have to be consciously on-guard about this relationship or you may drown in it. Your use of the word 'dysrythmic' may suggest an unconscious if not conscious abnormal relationship with the 'mother'. Your experience in life provides you with the knowledge of this pattern but you may not fully realize how immerse you are with it in your life.

The small river leading into the larger body of water may suggest a 'complex' {a complex is a core pattern of emotions, memories, perceptions, and wishes in the personal unconscious organized around a common theme}. The relationship has become an unconscious source of experience and you must keep it there or the 'abnormality' it possesses may threaten to fully disrupt your conscious life.

The second dream may provide further insights to the first dream. The dear may represent the feminine aspect in terms of independence related to an attachment. You may need to 'awaken' to those strengths you possess independent of the attachment to the mother symbol. The related unconscious forces can cause conscious 'fever' or emotional stress.

I can not say for sure from either dream to what the mother symbol applies. It may have multiple applications {as often is the case} but the unconscious power it possesses is strong. If you can provide info to what you may believe it is pointing to then we may be able to better address any 'abnormalities' it holds.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

The Power of Dreams/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Jerry,
Well, you have given me a lot to think about. I am immersed in the pain of a broken relationship with my oldest child, my daughter---it has gone on "longer and longer" with only a few signs of hope. My mother died three yrs ago, I was her care giver for the last few years of her life, she had some dementia and paranoid ideas at times and very unhapppy with assisted living for the last few months of her life. She was able to spend her final weeks at our home in the dying process. My mother was not affectionate or verbal about emotional things but I always felt loved and I miss her still. I will let you know if anything surfaces as I continue to work on this dream with your thoughts. Pat

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69- Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Pat,
Could it be parts of the dream are addressing similar emotions that were a part of the relationship between mother and child? You state although you loved your mother she did not affectionate or verbal about her love. Could the recent broken relationship with your oldest daughter some how play into that pattern? In my interpretation I mentioned the possibility of a complex. Look at the two relationships and see if there are related aspects. There may be unconscious forces {being underwater} that are in play and you have yet to work them them.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

The Power of Dreams/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present