Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To Surf, Perchance To Dream

It was fourteen years ago in October of 1998 I was quoted in a New York Times article To Surf, Perchance to Dream, the subject topic being the prevalence of computers in our dreams. It starts out with metaphorical references.

IF you dream that your hard drive is crashing, do you wake up just before the Fatal System Error message appears? What would be the meaning of a dream about a cursor that was frozen, not flashing, on a blank screen? And in scrutinizing nightmares about computers, are there times when a hard drive is really just a hard drive?

I was still very much in my infancy in my Jungian education and that this opportunity to be quoted in a major newspaper seems ironic to where I am today. Not that the subject of the article had much importance in my experiences in working with dreams {in the 3000+ dreams I have interpreted at the Dream Forum there have been only a handful of dreams on the subject of computers} but the relationship of the article to my 'internet' life and my Jungian quest for knowledge was a prelude to what was to come in my hero quest to wholeness. From those early beginnings of knowing little about Jungian psyche, and with at best a rudimentary website {the web link given in the article is not working but the original link is still available at angelfire.com} my journey has nether the less been constant and progressive. One need only to 'Google' Dream Forum/s to see my high position in WORLD rankings. In terms of my path to wholeness I attribute that success and progression not only to Jung and his wisdom but to Joseph Campbell who said in my first encounter with him {The Power of Myth on PBS in 1992}, his words being 'you may find that, with a proper introduction, mythology will catch you". As with the references in the article pertaining to metaphor it was the introduction to mythology that provided m with the understanding of the importance to metaphor in dreams and the relationship of dreams and myth.

As for web design and that aspect of importance to my journey. Fourteen years ago designing websites were an interest that was just beginning to evolve. Today I have at least nine websites with several having Google rankings at the top of the list in their categories. My website Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics and The Power of Dreams {my dream interpretation site localized for the Melbourne/Space Coast Florida} occupies several top positions with Google and Bing. Some of the search terms for which these local sites have high rankings are }, 'metaphysics melbourne fl', 'dreams melbourne fl', dream interpretation melbourne fl' {my websites holds 3 of the 4 top positions under this category}, plus many other combination of terms involving related subject matter relevant to these sites. I am feverishly working to push my Creative Thinking Web Design website to higher positions since it will be a prime source of supplemental income. Working part time building websites {I do enjoy creating websites and pages} will allow me to work with dreams and the deeper psyche.

The subject of computers in dreams may not have become an 'archetypal' symbol that prevails in our nightly dreams but there is no doubt this instrument of technology has become a vital device in our lives. And its relevance to the dream world has taken a turn toward focusing on Jungian psyche which in its doing so provides millions of people with the opportunity to discover a path to healing and wholeness. Without access to Jung I never would have gotten to a higher position in life. Nor would I possess the high position on the internet with my websites {which are, in the creative sense, deeper expressions of oneself}. Not bad for a layperson in field typically reserved for greater minds. It goes to show that in a 'position of positions' the 'intuitive' psyche is as important to understanding as is higher learning in the world of academics. Having access to the collective knowledge is not merely a matter of higher education but one of higher understanding.
Can that be understood?
Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present