Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marion Woodman

Marion Woodman
Marion Woodman has been a major contributor to my understanding of dreams and Jungian psyche ever since I purchased her audio book Dreams: Language of the Soul. The idea that the psyche was feminine first resonated with me when I became her student, an idea that I now believe to be as true as any fact associated with the understanding of the soul. Her expertise in soul making is unmatched by anyone I have encountered in the 20 years I have studied Jungian psyche. Working with the feminine through her tutelage awakened my own feminine self and is what has given me the ability to understand dreams in the sense that I do. The intuitive aspect is a feminine aspect and without understanding that I would not be able to work with dreams. She is a sage and probably understands the feminine psyche better than any human that walked the earth. I want to present some of her works so others will have access to them. Especially the women who read this post since she has valuable and powerful lessons to offer when working with women's issues.

I am currently listening to her audio book 'The Crown of Age'. A description of this audio is as follows:

On The Crown of Age, Woodman examines what it means to pass through life's many crossroads and thresholds, emerging as an elder, the embodiment of wisdom, wholeness, and truth. Mining the riches of her own life, including a battle with cancer that nearly ended it, Woodman illustrates the paradox of growing old—that while our physical strength wanes, our spiritual strength blossoms, petal by petal.

The Crown of Age is a crowning achievement in Marion Woodman's long and celebrated career as a writer, teacher, analyst, and now, trusted elder.

Perhaps the best way to introduce Marion to those who do not know her is by listening to her words in this video. The caption reads:

Jungian Analyst Marion Woodman describes her approach to therapy, which she says, comes from the unconscious. She goes on to define and explain the unconscious and how it starts with a dream. The dream is a picture of the unconscious and what you do through the day is mirrored in the dream at night.

Here is the my page with the video at Youtube Jungian Analyst Marion Woodman on her approach to therapy

Woodman is a pioneer and sage when it comes to women's psychological health
Other books and works by Woodman include:

• The Owl Was a Baker's Daughter
    This book addresses: Obesity, Anorexia Nervosa, and the Repressed Feminine

Woodman wrote about eating disorders before they were vogue. Her personal insights through her own eating disorder and those of ther clients offer a deep look into these disorders.

• Addiction-Perfection: The Still Unravished Bride: A Psychological Study

Through case studies, dreams, and myths Marion Woodman, a Jungian analyst, explores the hidden causes of compulsion in the lives of men and women. At the root of eating disorders, substance abuse, and other addictive and compulsive behaviors, Woodman sees a hunger for spiritual fulfillment. The need to experience a sacred connection to an energy greater than their own drives people to search for an illusory ideal of perfection. Through discussions of parenthood, creativity, and body image, this presentation shows that freedom from addiction can be found by discovering the wisdom and power of the feminine principle

• The Pregnant Virgin
    A Process of Psychological Transformation

This book is about the struggle to become conscious. It is about overcoming addictions—to food, drugs, work, etc. It is about the wisdom of the body, initiation rituals, dreams. It is about relationship and the search for personal identity. It is a celebration of the feminine, both in men and in women. It is about becoming free.

• Dancing in the Flames
    The Dark Goddess in the Transformation of Consciousness

Powerful, insightful, provocative, Marion Woodman: Dancing in the Flames explores the inspiring life and many ‘deaths’ of one of the western world’s most important wisdom keepers, and sends a clarion call to a planet in the midst of “a shedding of its outworn skin”. Renowned Jungian analyst and author, Marion Woodman is celebrated for her work on feminine psychology and addiction, but her words and her wisdom speak to nearly everyone.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Marion Woodman

Thank you for these references, Jerry. I am listening to the video and ordering the audio book as I type.
SENDING MUCH APPRECIATION YOUR WAY!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

I am blown away by the synchronicity here.

When I tried to buy Language of the Soul from Sounds True, I find they only take credit cards, and not Paypal. And I don't have anything but Paypal, so I wrote them an email. Then I go to Chapters website to find this book in eformat.

There I see that Marion Woodman is also the author of "Bone - Dying Into Life" ... a book I have here, that I got second-hand just last week! It's a journal of her illness and recovery. Before I came to this forum, I had not heard of, or knew of, consciously that is, this woman and her great work in Jungian psyche. I haven't read that book, as I just set it aside to read later. What drew me to it in the store is the cover: a pair of rainbow-colored wings sheltering a spine and rib-cage exposed, the two hovering over a night-filled ocean surface.

I bought it because I was ready to face my own unconscious and my Shadow. Now I'm sure I am meant to be here, to be doing this soul-work, at this time. ...

A gorgeous video, by the way Jerry - just fantastic! I've taken notes.Again, Thank you for the hard, loving work that you have done here, creating this website for us, for everyone to benefit from. I assure you, it is MUCH appreciated!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Raymonde,
Next to Campbell and Jung I look at Marion as my greatest teacher. Perhaps even more so in many ways because she does provide a perspective on Jungian psyche that only a woman can. I have her Dreams: Language of the Soul on cassette tape and have not listened to it in a long while. I either need to buy the CD or get a cassette player. Can you provide me with the eformat you found? As far as I know this work is not in book print.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,
I wasn't able to find any other reference to Dreams: Language of the Soul except through the same link you provided:

http://www.soundstrue.com/shop/Dreams/2114.pd

They have it as MP3, pdf, etc. which is great, so lots of options, except book print. Oh, and I have a cassette player. :0)

Thanks Raymonde. I will take a look at the PDF. And begin looking for a cassette player. I would borrow yours but we are at the furthest points of the Continent.
Imagine the cost of gas.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present