Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream About Origins of Universe

First off let me say that when you are working on an important piece, 'putting it on paper', always remember to back up your work. I am sitting drinking my coffee {early morning} and trying to placate two of my very spoiled cats into positions so I can do my work. I suddenly remembered I needed to back up my work and did so, just before 'Jack Black' decided to help me type and erased all that I had written {which was half way into the third paragraph}. The axion, always back up your work. If you don't something will come along to do you in. From this day forward the need to back up our work or lose it will be known as the 'Jack Black' law.
Let me once again back up my work with this added piece and then on to my post and dream.

I don't often post my dreams at the Forum because I am bad not to take time to record them when I first awaken, and because most are straight forward and apply to current events/experiences in my waking life. Such dreams do not leave a mark on my psyche so I tend to ignore them. Of course there are always deeper associations to every dream {all dreams have at least two applications/meanings} but I look at dreams as having an emphasis on one aspect more than the other, more often the everyday life {as confirmed by Jung}. All dreams are in the service of 'individuating' {consolidating the different aspects of the psyche into a balanced whole} the dreamer to a higher existence and to that extent all aspects are important. When I do have an 'important dream' I tend to remember it whether or not I take the proper time to access it and or record it. Last night I had such a dream. How important it is has yet to be determined. As to the norm I only remembered a portion of the dream but enough of it to be able to write in down in a cohesive form.

The Dream
I was at a conference where I met Deepak Chopra and his annoying assistant. When we first met neither of us had the time to talk so we decided to meet after the conference and discuss a theory I had come up with on the origins of life and the whole universe. When we did meet we had to go outside the building so to get away from the crowd. His annoying assistant {the guy ran around as in the dual role of Chopra's man servant and body guard}. We sat down and began our conversation and the assistant thankfully became quiet. I posed my question to Deepak {we address each other on a first name basis} to solicit his opinion. My question was,

On the theory of the origins of the universe, before the beginning of time, before the big bang, could it be the only thing tat existed was dark matter? Expanding on my theory I stated that since it is estimated of the total matter in the universe the greatest proportion is dark matter and of the total energy density a full quarter is from dark matter could it be that before the big bang all that existed was dark matter? His response was, 'We know in fact that before the big bang the only thing that existed was dark matter.' He had confirmed my theory, one I had come up with independent of any knowledge of the facts.
Then I awoke.

Now the question is, did the dream by way of Chopra confirm a truth about the origins of the universe? In the dream I presented a theory independent of any knowledge of the facts, but facts that were already known by science. Did this dream in fact confirm a truth about our origins, answer a question no one had consciously answered? There was an unconscious verification by Chopra but one that science today still grapples with. Was this an 'Eisnsteinian' revelation?

Or was the dream merely a reflection of what I had been been focused the previous day along with particular emotional conflicts having to do with arranging workshop classes on dream psyche, something I have begun to do in earnest over the past two weeks? Let's expand on those actual waking experiences and try to tie those to the dream.

The question about the origins of the universe is in fact a matter I had thought about yesterday while working out at the gym {described in a separate post}.

Note: My physical fitness routine at times takes on a meditative mode and I get these thoughts. But let's be clear about strenuous physical exercise, there is such a thing as 'getting a high from exercise', I get them all the time. It has been a regular occurrence in my 30+ years of physical fitness {a plug for physical fitness, an aspect I believe important to achieving true Individuation for the body and psyche}.

I had pondered the question later on and began a paper that I had planned to post later at the Dream Forum, along with my theory of telepathy via nano technology. After I returned home from my workout {and after my 'now' usual routine of stopping for coffee at Starbucks at Indiatlantic beach across from the Boardwalk} I began to explore the actual facts concerning dark matter/energy. I had recently watched a couple of programs on the subject which could have been the stimulus for its inclusion as a topic of the dream, and why I had given thought to it while working out {I have become a big fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson}. So the subject matter is not that unusual considering my experience during my workout and the fact I had watched programs about dark matter and the origins of the universe and its expansion.

I can see much of what was in the dream had to do with my actual waking experiences in previous days prior to the dream. 'Running around' meeting various people, scheduling time for classes in various venues, this was most likely the 'assistant' to Chopra in the dream. Plus I have a personality that at times can become a 'bit' defensive {something I am working on to correct}. That would fit with the assistant also.

As for Chopra I not only had watched a Youtube video of him but I have recently received e-mails announcing various subjects he is 'promoting'. Add that to the degrassi Tyson exposure we can see the possible associations. And the fact now that I am fully engaged in promoting my dreamwork I am attending 'conferences' in that promotion. I attended a class/conference on intuitive awareness just last night and am working to use that venue and its facilities for a future dream workshop. This could all add up to what my dream was addressing. New emotional conflicts, minor as they may be, being addressed in my dreams. Along with the various experiences and exposures I have alluded to it all fits, the dream with my waking life. Is this the true focus of the dream, straightforward in its language as it was. Which prompts me to ask the question, 'how was Einstein's revelation dream about relativity produced as a dream? A quick search and i find the following about the actual contents of the dream;

Einstein stated that his theory was inspired by a dream whereby he was hurtling down a mountainside. He speed faster and faster upon which he looked to the sky and saw the stars were altered in appearance as he approached the speed of light.

His dream was not a straight forward proposal, dreams don't usually play out that way. Symbol and metaphor are the staple of the dream, not a literal pronnouncement.

In dealing with these items the dream was straightforward in its addressing of this question about dark matter. What would the symbolic value? Is the dream addressing my own 'inner dark matter'? Am I to discover or have I already discovered 'dark matter' to do with my life's journey? I can see symbolic associations, the origins of my own existence in my new life coming from the depths of the 'dark energy' of my shadow. The statement that dark matter constitutes the vast majority of 'space' could very well be about inner space. We do tend to live from our 'shadow' self. Does the energy manifested from the shadow aspects represent a quarter of all out psyche energy? Are these questions already addressed by Jung and others but something I have yet to read or discover. Is the dream focused on my own origins or have I discovered a great secret and will soon become world famous because of it?
I can hear the laughter in the background.

As one famous tabloid states {The National Enquirer}, Inquiring minds need to know. Especially this inquiring mind.

PostScript: Check back later in the day, I should have my telepathy 'brain perception' posted.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dream About Origins of Universe

Amazing dream Jerry! It appears you are tapping in to the universal unconscious or the one source by which we are all connected. This reveals a lot about spirit and energy from the smallest particle to the universe and all contained therein. I don't know if you're familiar with Edgar Cayce but he explained how we are all extensions of the source like rays from the sun. It looks like macrocosm and microcosm would both apply here.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Dream About Origins of Universe

Dreamer,
I would like to think perhaps I am tapping into something bigger than myself. I'll post my 'brain perception' a little later today. It may provide a few more insights to the dark matter question.

Very much familiar with Edgar Cayce. It is one of the few 'psychics' I can believe in, most being scoundrels at best. He tapped into the deepest realms of the unconscious, his abilities way beyond the norm. One thing i can remember about his dream work was how taxing it was on him mentally and physically. I can see where he is coming from. After hours of sitting working with dreams I often feel exhausted. but at the same exuberant in working with dreams and hopefully providing insights to the dreamer's emotional life.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present