Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Dream: Cutting the Grass-Shorter Summary-Interpretation Part 1

In the summary of the first part of my dream I did not address a recent experience I had that I now see plays into the dream. I see that it does in the last part of the interpretation in a big way. It reflects what happened and the positive way it was handled. I will need to go over the first part of the interpretation to see where it fits into that but will do so later. I need to present my interpretation to the rest of the dream.

Summary of last part of dream.
This part of the dream begins with "In the next scene my grandson was at the house behind the new house where I was cutting the grass".

This part of the dream reflects the deeper emotions I have related to my dream work and positioning myself in my new environment. It is also addressing a recent experience I had, separate from my move to my new environment if Palm Bay {house behind the house}.

Daniel would reflect the personal growth aspect and letting these emotions out, in both instances. A younger self in need of but with the tools needed to grow. This has become a conscious thing and not a great burden {small back yard} because I do have a laid out path to follow. In regards to the recent experience it reflects why I felt it important to voice my emotions but not letting the emotions take control {facet letting out small amounts of water}. My feminine aspect {of being emotional} shouts out at me not to be overly emotional about these experiences and my masculine aspects enforce that from happening {man yelling at Daniel}. In my maturity I know it is best to keep these emotions under control all the while examining the experiences {screened in part of back of house}. This is the right thing to do {attractive house} and on closer examination I see this being confirmed.

The next dream experience {next paragraph}

This part of the dream is examining the emotional experiences to do with my personal growth {Daniel} as well as the experience I had a few days before the dream {at least two aspects/applications to all dreams}. In that experience I was actually 'scolded' and at first I was defensive about it. But because of my awakening to my 'higher' Self I did not let the emotions control my actions {as I would have prior to the growth}. I remained calm. I have matured in more ways than one {two aspects the dream is trying to communicate}. Remnants of the old self will always be a part of who I am {a bit defensive because he was yelling at my grandson}. But this is a very positive step {calmness during both emotional experiences}. Because I have learned to keep the emotions under control I am better able to examine the experiences {seeing the mans in the screened in area of the house} without letting the ego taint the process.

The appearance of the man in his 30s/40s would address two things also. Those were the years of transition into midlife, years before I had discovered Campbell and Jung, years of 'natural' maturation. Speaking to the man is my 'speaking to myself' {in this instance all the unknown people are aspects of me}. By my late 30s I had finally given up {scolding myself} on reconciliation with my father {the underlying reason for my negative actions in my 20s} and was beginning to move past that, naturally. I have scolded myself over these attempts to reconcile knowing he {my father} was so self absorbed {a SOB} in himself with no hope of redemption.

This scolding is also be addressing the actual experience and person who scolded me {he is my age in a position of spiritual authority} but who acted in an immature manner. His whole premise for the 'scolding' was built on a wrong assumption. His judgmental attitude was wrong for someone in his position as well as being wrong in its assumption. But I handled the situation as I should have and I believe the dream confirm this. The calm attitude I possess in the dream and my general feelings about the matter after examination are what i based this impression on.

"He replied by I did not catch what he said" is a direct link to the recent experience. I was being looked upon by this male person who thought I was angry for some reason. There were a couple of instances where I was 'annoyed' but never the situation I was 'scolded' over. I have ended my relationship with this person. That water from the facet was turned off, the relationship/problem was over.

The last part of the dream {last paragraph}

I return to the tasks involving my original efforts in my move to my new home. Here I find a matured feminine {oldest granddaughter} aspect due to my handling of these emotional situations of recent days as well the move to my 'new' house. But there is still a lot of growth to be had with this feminine aspect as symbolized by my granddaughters age {she is in her teens}. The 'semi' precarious position 'she' is in {sitting on the wall} reflects the growth I have experienced during the 'tests' of my journey but I must be cautious even still in this aspect. I need to be able to control this feminine {I can at times become emotional over certain experiences}. There are steps that need to be followed in this endeavor {Monomyth} and as long as I follow this path I will have the support needed in further personal and spiritual growth. This is how I will be able to reach the 'safety' of being completely whole and live a harmonious life in my new environment.

End of dream

Likely my granddaughter is a part of the dream because of my communication with her over the same period of time {she still lives in Middle Tenn}. I do have concerns about her because she is at such a fragile time in her life and having been a part of that but now being apart from her she is on my mind. Perhaps the dream is also addressing those issues in that my concern is really a small one because she is, in actual life, being looked after by others who care.

As I provided my interpretation I see other possibilities in my life that could fit, beyond the two I mentioned. I will need to see how the actual life experiences play out before I can make a final judgement on that.

I will provide a final summary of this last part om dream interpretation in a separate post. I will include my final thoughts to the entire process of the dream and the interpretation.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry ~
You are teaching me a lot by posting your dreams and own interpretations here. I am SO grateful for this!

I've been studying dreams for years and have accumulated journals and records of my dreams for the past 40 years. Only recently, since 2010, have I really been able to unlock my own symbol keys in order to understand my own dreams. I've also studied Jung, Robert Johnson, Hillman, Anthony Stevens, etc. as well as taken a course in dream interpretation while in Australia. I've joined groups, created my own, forums etc. in the hopes of connecting on the same level in dream understanding as I've attained - or aspire to - and I've quit all of them, for lack of said connection.

Not so here. Thank YOU! ... esp. for this, what you've just said above and which I truly believe also ... quoting you:

"As I do this I am once again going over the dream to see what new realizations come from that. Anytime one reviews a dream they are also reviewing their life. That is therapeutic, and often brings about new realizations and maybe new revelations. I am in fact, and practice, self-analyzing myself by interpreting this dream. This is exactly what Jung’s Individuation Process is all about and why dreams can be important to that process."

I will continue reading your interpretation now...
Raymonde

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes (Follow-up to interpretation)

Raymonde,
I am so glad you could make a connection. Hopefully we can expand on that and together learn more about dreams and the psyche. I have always saw this as a learning forum as much as one for interpreting dreams. Not only about learning dreams but ourselves and the deeper psych.

I am a self taught 'intuitive' Jungian but that doesn't exclude me, or anyone else with a keen intuitive mind, from understanding the concepts of Jungian psyche. It may be an asset since many scholarly Jungians tend to overlook the finite nuances of the dream. I use Jung's concepts as a guide but I let the intuitive mind do the rest. I look at dreams as puzzles with a need to put the obscure pieces together to form a visible picture. After 15 years of working with dreams and intensely studying the concepts I believe we can readily understanding most dreams. For me they are no longer the mystery they once were. Jung got it right and with what he has provided all that is needed is an intuitive mind to understand and interpret dreams. I have an average mind but an intuitive one.

With your vast experience in working with dreams I dare say it will easy for you to connect the dots. I truly believe the feminine psyche is the superior function and with your natural feminine abilities you have an advantage. As you stated you need only make the right connection. Perhaps working together you will be able to connect the dots.

There is one advantage i may have that has provided important insights to the dream world. One thing I have done that few others interested in dreams have is being the webmaster of my own dream websites. That has made it an intimate relationship where I have been able to express that other self. Plus I have used the time studying dreams to work on my own 'Individuation Process'. With 500+ pages at my Myths-Dreams-Symbols website I can reference direct pages I have created myself. Doing the research alone was a task but also very educational. It has put me in touch with my creative self, that higher function I believe the natural psyche seeks. Now that I am able to 'follow my bliss' since taking early retirement last October I hope to expand my horizons in examining the deeper psyche. Meeting and working with persons like yourself is the next step in my evolution. I now only believe in synchronistic events I have experienced them to a degree I know they exist. Perhaps your chance discovery of my dream forum will be a synchronistic event for both of us.

Are you familiar with Joseph Campbell? That is a link I recommend to anyone interested in learning Jung. His ability to articulate Jung is without comparison in my opinion. I have read most of the same people you listed but none matched Campbell. Those who did were female. The first in this category I recommend is Marion Woodman.

I look forward to your final assessment of my interpretation.

Web Design

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,

From my point of view, you have quite successfully interpreted this dream and I don’t think there is anything else that I could add to help you with it.

The dripping faucet is indeed letting your emotions show and closing the tap would indicate that you are holding them in check. In taming your anger and dealing with the potentially explosive situation with the man who accused you, you are showing wise judgement and maturity in your behavior.

The objectivity that Jung describes as being the hallmark of an individuated person is very apparent in the responses that you give for your interpretations. I admire that tremendously, by the way. It's not often I meet someone who has achieved this and uses it so wisely.

You state:
“The lawnmower is exactly the one I had actually bought recently, used and having a problem running {it will start, then stop and I had to wait 10 minutes before it would start again}. I had returned the mower to the guy I bought it from so he could repair it but he failed to do so. So the lawnmower is actually as it is in real life {unusual in itself}.”

Why do you think this is unusual in itself? Further, you say,

“(Need to cut back) This part of the dream reflects my true waking experiences in symbolic form as well as in literal terms when applied to the lawnmower. Cutting the grass and 'personal growth; responsibilities is both literal and symbolic {I cut the grass at the house I am living}.”

What is this lawnmower? It’s a tool – a tool used to perform a necessary operation to achieve a desired result. In this case, the obvious job of cutting the grass. You equate “cutting the grass” as the necessity of cutting back on too much activity related to services you provide, and that seems a correct correlation. My focus, though, is on the fact that the lawnmower is “used” ...

You say, “So the lawnmower is actually as it is in real life {unusual in itself}” and by saying this you are assuming the dream is interchanging the waking life mower for the symbolic cutting tool in your dream. That's one layer.

But I would venture to point out that, as you know, dreams don’t necessarily show you something you already know.

What if you are being shown that the “tool” that you are using in waking life, represented by the Used Lawnmower in the dream, is not what you expect it to be – you got it ‘fixed’ but really, it wasn’t fixed at all – and still, it's not being effective in 'cutting the grass' as it still breaks down.

In your waking life, are you trying to deal with a known problem by implementing a used, but ineffective, method or means? In other words, the wrong tool?

This is your conclusion:

“As for the lawnmower. It represents channeling those negative energies into positive ones. Cutting back on the responsibilities {grass} that I all of a sudden feel pressured by and channeling those energies into not feeling I am obligated to do anything other than I wish to do.”

How are you “cutting back on the responsibilities”? Are you doing so in a manner that is integral to your psyche and in line with your Higher Self ideals?

I read somewhere (I think it was Jung or maybe Robert A. Johnson) that the unconscious will let you get away with anything, but one. It will not let you get away with shirking your life responsibilities. I know this has been the hard-learned case in my life. Maybe there is still something (a life "tool") that you are "using" that is not in line with some responsibility?

This is just something that occurred to me as I read your dream.

I may be totally off the mark, but what do you think?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Raymonde,
I'll try and get a response sometime today to your post. I have been at it since 4 this morning {Eastern time}. I'm surprised I could go this long without taking time out for a nap.

Jerry

Web Design

stats from 7-14-10 to the present