Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Alone in a foreign land

Justin,
Here is my read from your dream. You do make it easy to interpret with the sentence/paragraph structure. I appreciate this Professor. I am interpreting the dream as I read it.

You are at a place in your life where inspirational nourishment {cafe} is required. There is uncertainty but a positive attitude.

You are confronted with the other you, perhaps a part that needs working with/on. This is the inner Self, your true self, your friend. Realizing this true Self is the goal. Teaching others what you have learned is the task there after.

You are in the process {work} of incorporating those aspects that need to be balance. But there are aspects to this balancing that need to be resolved. There are barriers that are preventing you from completing your goals.

You are waiting on something to happen. The mother may be your inner nurturing self or/and she could be conscious aspect that leans itself to your path in life {perhaps earlier life experiences}. You may consciously or unconsciously know this but have yet to realize its impact or function.

Yes, the stairs lead down into the deep unconscious. Look to early nurturing for some answers. Or this could be pointing to your mother's influence during your whole lief.

These life experiences may lend themselves to your indecision in life. It has created a barrier to that other self. The unknowns are there because of life's influences. You are searching for the true self.

You have consciously realized something important. You are working your way through the barriers, the unconscious controlling influences {we all have these unconscious mechanisms from early life experiences}. The foreign environment are the unconscious aspects, unknown {disappeared} from conscious knowledge. Without knowing/acknowledging these controlling aspects you will be unable to be your true self, alone {without the great benefits of knowing the higher Self}.
Cambodia is a foreign place, green {growth} but full of danger. This is the hero journey, seeking personal/spiritual growth in a world of mischief and dangers.

Now I am reading your added info. Cambodia is a real destination, conscious and unconscious {my explanation}. I don't see your father but I do see your mother. The dream does seem to be about the inner self first and the conscious concerns as secondary.

Take my mother references and determine how that fits. As I said I don't see the father anywhere in the dream unless the Professor is related to him. Let me know your impressions and i will review the mother/father aspects.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

hi Jerry,

on one level I find this dream easy to interpret, and on others find it difficult to understand.

I think the Professor could also be my father (inner masculine authority) whom I ask for advice / from whom I would like advice / guidance and don't recieve it. (This would really tie in with my perception of my upbringing).

Yes - the mother influence always there in the basement

And in similar fashion to the other dream - I am alone - I must make this transition alone , , ,

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54, Darwin Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Justin,
I see the dream as addressing your journey, one you must make alone, but also reflecting early life issues especially with your mother. She needs to be brought out of the basement into full view and determine what needs resolving in that relationship.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

ok thanks Jerry,
I'd certainly like to unpack the issues that surround the relationship with my mother and will dwell on that , , , and note what the unconscious (basement) brings forth
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present