Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Woman With 3 Gifts

Raymonde,
In response to your question about the 4 phases within a dream.
They are:

• 1. Exposition or initial setting
  • 2. Plot
  • 3. Culmination
  • 4. Denouemnet or closure

In first phase, which can be regarded as the exposition, the initial situation (setting) is represented already pointing at central conflict expressed in dream. The second phase is the plot and contains something new (essential change), which leads the dream in the third phase: the culmination. In this phase the most critical things happen, which bring the dream to a closure: the fourth phase or denouement. Jung attributed extraordinary significance to the end of dream. The end of dream is so important, Jung held, because we cannot consciously influence on the outcome (i.e. change the end), and dreams so reflect the real situation.

You can read more at my web page A Simple Guide to Dreams. It is the first page of a series of page I created to help understand how dreams function. Other pages include

• How to Remember Your Dreams www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/rememberdreams.html
  • The Importance of Dreams
    www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/importanceofdreams.html
  • Dream Theories
    www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/dreamtheories.html
  • Dreams & Myth
    www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/dreamsandmyth.html
  • Dreams & Archetypes
    www.tnnweb.com/mds/majorarchetypes.html
  • Metaphor & Symbols
    www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/metaphorandsymbols.html
  • Six Steps To Remember & Interpret Your Dreams www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/howtointerpret.html

Other pages include
Precognitive Dreams - Do Dreams Predict the Future
www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/precognitivedreams.html

Women's Dreams
www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/womensdreamsmain.html

Men's Dreams
www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/mensdreamsmain.html

Dreams & Moods
mythsdreamssymbols.com/dreamsandmoods.html

and about 500 more pages of relevant materials related to Jungian psyche and dreams.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Raymonde,
Please read my reply to your last post My 3 Selves to your first dream since it has important additional comments to this dream. I want to go back and update my interpretation but it will likely be Saturday before I will be able to do that. I have a dream presentation Friday night I need to prepare for.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Woman3Gifts_Response_Feb-15-13

Quotes of your words are bolded and italicised.

This wiser self is trying to open this entrance (garden gate) to new knowledge but there is the burden of the old self's history {old books}

After my dream of the 3 Selves I knew I had to do something more specific to further my growth than journaling my thoughts and dreams. I went to the library and got “Meeting The Shadow” which to me is a ‘scary’ book. What I was doing was trying to advance my knowledge – get through the gate – but at the same time there was an element slowing me down or holding me back: the books falling to the ground, i.e., my childhood experiences.

The teacher description points to the wiser self, inner and outer descriptions that you are seeking to activate. The old self begins to fall apart when you open this 'way' into your inner garden. It is a slow process, intentionally slow which reflects the process itself and ...

You are very correct. This is an element of my personality that I have NOT been totally conscious about. On one level, I had realised this about myself in relation to how I approach a problem in need of a solution. When I went to college in ’93-'96, I had to relearn how to learn, having been out of school for a very long time. I studied Plant Science, a discipline requiring specific measures and methods. At first I was more in doubt about being able to do this course than I was in certainty, but my determination kept me on track. Then a realisation dawned on me that my natural ability to learn was particular to me and if I worked with that, I would be fine.

I am a “gardener” by nature, so my process for learning and growing is slow, as you surmise. First, I gather all my resources around me, drawing as much of it to me as I can, to get the big picture. I prepare the ground, so to speak. Then, I dive in, reading, digesting, taking in as much as I can, as in sowing the seeds. After this ‘gorging’ of knowledge, I stop and let time, and my unconscious, take over. When the time is right, and there is a definite ‘time’ for this, a shift happens and out comes the answers and responses that uncover the problem’s solution. The plant starts to grow.

It is a slow process and I’ve been ruminating on this, whatever “this” is, for a very long time. The shift is now happening, I can feel it, as I work with you in using dream material and unconscious resources to ‘grow’ the new understanding and attitude of what I have come to see as my Freedom from the past. Last night I dreamed of a hummingbird changing into a butterfly.

... probably how you approach life in general {in an objective and orderly manner, not letting emotions take control}

As mentioned above, I knew this to be my study process but I don’t think I was aware of this also being how I approach life. But it makes sense! “not letting emotions take control” is SO right. This is also a defense mechanism from way back.

Emotions are from my inner child, in a way, and can make me ‘lose control’ if I let them out too often and too loud. So I keep them in check as a protective measure. Since you can’t keep a boiling pot silent by placing a cover on it, my dream of my dark self draining me is also an indication of the inner turmoil potentially harming me.

The trouble is with this ‘method’ is that it may work well for studying but when it comes to life and making progress in my individuation, the shift has not been so forthcoming as I would like it to be. There is something holding me back, slowing me down... the old knowledge from my past that is falling apart around me and disintegrating into pieces.

It’s also a picture perfect representation of what my book looks like right now. I have been writing it for so long, starting from different angles so many times, that it’s all in ‘pieces’ on my hard drive. Word documents piled up, so to speak, and spread all over the place. It’s definitely slowing me down because now, I am faced with the huge task of untangling those threads – putting the books (just realised that the 3 books falling are also the 3 parts of my book that I have planned) together in a readable, coherent format.

The “acid is .... something that can eat away at you.”

Acid is also an agent that will destroy a book if you leave it alone and don’t do something to stop the degrading effects of the acid. Is this relating to the possibility that, if I don’t do something about my past, and by relativity, my book, that it too will disappear, eaten away as it were by my own inertia and stagnation? I think this fits the description for me, as well as what you say that the past – the old knowledge symbolised by the books – can eat away at me.

You are covering all aspects of your inner journey {both sides of the counter which represents both aspect of your search, personal and spiritual}.

Very good! I knew a kitchen was in dream parlance a general reference to being ‘fed’ or ‘nourished’ with unconscious knowledge, but the counter is a new element for me. The items on the counter – a book, some papers and the ticket – all representing ways to achieve, or acquire, something.

Finding them (the tickets) is realizing this {complete wholeness consists of knowing and reconciling both your past and the promises of your creative/spiritual future}. There is confusion in your waking life over which is which {you had thought you had resolved the personal issues only to discover you have not and this has interfered with your spiritual quest}.

It’s so interesting that there are two of the tickets that she gives me, not one, and they are not the one that I find on the counter. I think this refers also to me trying to do this alone, trying to find my way to my freedom on my own. A ‘ticket’ is a way of giving permission, or allowing admittance (admitting the truth as well as being admitted into this special place of higher freedom) and in reality, I have tried to do this alone for years, decades, and I have not succeeded in advancing much on my quest. Coming into this forum, as public as it is, I’ve finally admitted that I don’t know it all and I admit that I can ask for help, and trust that it will come.

Realizing the truth is a gift from your wiser self. You are now drinking the knowledge of wisdom, you are on a path of the sweetness of understanding your whole self.

I am being given permission to do this by my higher self. This makes so much sense to me as I read your interpretation. Your gift amazes me!
It’s all amazing! I will continue with the third and fourth parts later.
For now, I will post this in my response.

Raymonde

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present