Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: There's a Bomb in the Library - Feb.14-13

Hi Jerry,

I am looking forward to a more detailed version of your interpretation, as I've only been able to 'connect' a few elements together to be able to understand this dream.

No, not confused. Not yet anyway. :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I have decided to attempt deciphering this dream myself. I have been under this (limiting) impression that one would naturally have difficulty interpreting one's own dreams. Up until now, with some exceptions of course, that has been the case with me in my life.

But as I read your own work, Jerry, with your dreams, you have inspired me to go further, to rely on my instincts (Use the FORCE!) instead of just automatically assuming I couldn't do it. That is not how I've advanced psychologically in my past, by just assuming things couldn't change. So - here I go!

Don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful you are helping me and others with our dreams! Your gift is amazing me more and more. I am still looking forward to what you see in this dream for me, and I will soon post my deeper thoughts on it.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Raymonde,
No one can interpret your dreams better than you. I say that knowing of your knowledge of Jungian psyche. If you did not have that expertise then I would think otherwise. The problem with another person interpreting your dreams is without knowing all about you they are limited. The best I can do with the limited knowledge I have {especially with a dream where I only know the age and gender} is see the periphery of the dream. Usually that is enough to stimulate the dreamer to find associations in their waking life. Then, if they are strong and wise enough, they will go further and look deeper within themselves. That is what I rely on most, self servicing one's need to find answers on their own. To change their thought processes to one of going inward as a usual thing and not something they may do only on occasion.

I've run out of steam this morning so I will look at the bombs and libraries dream in the morning. It requires a lot of mental energy to interpret dreams and I have addressed 4 this morning. I can remember Edgar Cayce's have a similar reaction to interpreting dreams. He needed to take naps to recoup and it took a toll on him because he could never say no to a request. Of course his skills were 100 times more than mine and because my mind is much less than his 4 dreams in such a short time... well you can do the math.

I want to also revisit your first dream knowing the additional info you provided. It does seem to affect the possible ending to the dream.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Raymonde,
Sorry for being so late with the interpretation this morning but I had a dream earl this morning and I have been working on that post since 4 AM. You can read it under the title "My Dream: Washing My Hair.

I broke this dream down by each paragraph, giving an interpretation to each. Surprising it was faster than I thought it would take being a long dream. Of course your penning the dream as you did made it possible to interpret it this way. Let me know your impressions. I will look at your interpretation and see what there may be in common. Your dream is in white and my interpretation in blue.

Your Dream and its interpretation
A Bomb in the Library

I am standing outside and I see a man rush past in front of me, as he travels from my left to my right. He is an official law enforcement officer and he is pursuing a criminal. I think the one he is chasing has a bomb hiding in his bag. He whizzes by me and I hear a crash. He has jumped over someone who is sitting in a chair and his foot has gone through a glass wall as he did so. I see the gaping hole in the wall, directly in front of the seated man, and I wander over. I walk towards the room and I know this to be a library. {I’m not in the least bit afraid even though I’ve heard that there is a bomb in here. I am simply curious.} There are 3 or 4 people standing together and on the floor at their feet are various suitcases, bags and lunch containers.

There are masculine aspects that are taking you away from your center into the ego self. It is your authority aspects chasing nnegative ego aspects. The bomb would be potential explosive emotional aspects. There is a passive aspect to this 'chase', awaiting the 'crash' or explosion. The foundations of who you are are breaking through. There is an opening in the barrier that holds this within the unconscious, visible to your masculine self. This is something you have wandered about {see passive aspect} but have yet to act on it. To go to this place within you will bring about much information and knowledge to the self. It is something you are not afraid of doing but have been passive about doing it {passive aspect, simply curious}. There are 3 or 4 experiences that has to do with the baggage you carry emotionally, something once realized will provide emotional nourishment.

I hear a voice (officer?) ask someone, “Do you have a bomb in your lunch can?” I look down and sure enough, there is an orange (or red) lunch can on the floor beside his feet, the old-fashioned workman’s kind like my father used to have, but his was silver like galvanized steel. Contemptuously he exclaims “No!”as if it’s a ridiculous accusation. So we all let go a sigh of relief that there is no bomb. I feel I am an observer, watching them act.

The voices are from your unconscious. The question is 'do you have explosive' emotions that would provide nourishment if you 'can' only bring them out'? The answer is yes, but it is vague in your mind/memory {orange}, potentially explosive {red}. It has to do with nourishment from your foundations, early life experiences {floor/feet}. It is from your past {like father's} and has to do with the feminine aspects {silver}. It is hard to acknowledge this because of the emotional hardness. It is hardwired in your mind. It is a possible exposive issue but because of previous observations there is a relief to its explosive nature.

I walk over to the far right, and I’m now outside, where I see it’s been raining. At least everything is wet. I look up at the roof of a nearby building and there are empty cardboard boxes on it, piled one on top of another, now flattened because of being all wet. (Didn’t I just have a dream that there was a fire and we lost many things? This could be the remains of the fire department’s spraying water everywhere, and the cardboard boxes are somebody’s belongings?)

When you look at this past experience there is dampened spirits {rain}. It affects your whole being. When you think about these things you feel an empitness, emotional.

As I stand there looking up at the wet cardboard, people are going home. A man in a blue suit, accompanied by some other people, walks by me and he says something that I don’t remember. It was significant at the time.

Your life continues as normal even with these inner revelations. There has been a strong attitude that has helped you get pass the emotional trauma. The pain is something you don't wish to remember but it is significant to who you are now.

I return to the library and walk up to the counter. A row of hardcover books are lined up beside each other, about 4 or 5 books. Briefly it occurs to me that the bomb could have been planted in one of these hard-cover books, after all. But instead of worrying about that, I look down at the two books, paperbacks, that I hold in my arms. They are mine and I’ve brought them into the library when I came in. I want to show them to the woman behind the counter to tell her about them so she doesn’t think that I am stealing them. I say, “I brought these when I came in, just to show you that they are not the library’s. See, my name is written in the flyleaf.” She looks at them and says, “That will be 80 cents, please.” I am not impressed, so I say: ”But they’re mine.”

You keep returning to your knowledeg center {dreams?}. There is hardcore knowledge lined up, perhaps relating to 4 or 5 associated things/experiences {note that 5 + 4 = 9 and the goal is bring this together so you can be whole again}. The explosive emotional experiences are to be found within this personal knowledge. You ahve been able not to let it consume you by embracing the knowledge in a proper way, supported by a strong will and attitude. This is knowledge that came with your from early life. But there is something your unconscious wishes to tell you. It is not stealing, it is natural way to bring out what needs to be elaned consciously. What you brought with you from earlier is not in your conscious knowledge. Your true self is written all over this inner aspect. There will be a charge, emotional payment required to really make this info consciously yours.

Still she insists, “80 cents, please.” By now I am getting angry and practically yelling:

There is no getting around the emotional charge this will cost you. Getting angry is not the answer and you know that {practical}.

“Do you mean to say that even after I’m being totally honest with you to tell you that these are my books, which I really didn’t have to do, you are still charging me?”

You will need to be totally honest with yourself. This is your bemotional life and you are still be charged for the emotional pain.

“Yes,” she answers coldly. As the dream changes, I say two words and they are not very polite.

This is the hard cold facts. Your response is to change the subject while at the same time cussing the original topic under discussion.

Web Design

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

No need to apologize for responding late Jerry, I totally understand. I am just grateful to have this venue for posting and discussing our dreams. I, for one, am happy that you are choosing to devote more time to your websites. :) You ARE doing a lot of good here, I assure you.

Ok, here is my dream deciphering of the Library and the bomb:

Something potentially harmful is hiding in my ‘room of knowledge’ ...

I am standing outside and I see a man rush past in front of me, as he travels from my left to my right. He is an official law enforcement officer and he is pursuing a criminal. I think the one he is chasing has a bomb hiding in his bag.

The words “I am standing outside” set the stage for showing that I feel that this dream is something that is happening ‘to me’ and not an event in which I am actively involved. Also this, later: “I feel I am an observer, watching them act.”

“The law enforcement officer” travels from my left to my right. In dream language, the left is the unconscious and the right is the conscious state. So I am witnessing an element – Male representing the Law; in other words this has clout – rushing to make me aware of a potentially dangerous situation: “pursuing a criminal.” Something is rotten in Denmark and it’s in my library! But it’s still unconscious, as far as I’m concerned.

The potential threat presented in the form of a hidden bomb does seem to mean that I will be shaken out of my aloofness or complacency soon. Also pointing to a knowledge being revealed. Something will shock me for sure. The bomb is not visible or here right now, but it could be. That’s why I was asking about dreams being precognitive. I asked ‘does this dream mean that something will happen to shock me like a bomb?’

I walk around – wandering – as if I am not part of the action. I am letting it happen “to” me and not actively “being” in it. I don’t see the threat as I am going along as usual.

He whizzes by me and I hear a crash. He has jumped over someone who is sitting in a chair and his foot has gone through a glass wall as he did so. I see the gaping hole in the wall, directly in front of the seated man, and I wander over.

The “someone sitting in a chair” is in a lounging position – something I neglected to mention when relating the dream, sorry – so this also indicates a nonchalant attitude, wouldn’t it? He is sitting like they used to in the cowboy movies, leaned back on the heels of his chair, his body spread forward and back, very comfortably relaxed. But the law officer shocks him into waking up. Not only by jumping up and over him, but especially when the cop busts in the glass wall/door, very close to which he is sitting.

Jerry, I can’t help but relate this to my reaction as soon as I read your comment about making my abuser accountable, or at least confronting him. I read the post very quickly, left the forum, promptly got up from my computer and then it took me a whole day to come back to it. But it had left its mark: the gaping hole in my glass house, so to speak, that I could no longer ignore. Legally, you are right and he should be made accountable, or even be made known to the community. If this dream relates to that, you are the legal element (as reflected in my inner male) bringing the bomb to my attention.

I walk towards the room and I know this to be a library. {I’m not in the least bit afraid even though I’ve heard that there is a bomb in here. I am simply curious.}

My knowledge base, my “library,” was being invaded by a potential threat to my complacency. I feel safe not telling anyone or confronting him because then, I won’t have to deal with it, face it or any resulting conflict this confrontation may engender.

There are 3 or 4 people standing together and on the floor at their feet are various suitcases, bags and lunch containers.

I think all the characters in this dream, aside from me and the lady at the end, are all male. Yes, I have the impression that the “people standing together” are male also and not female. Why would this be so? Again, I think this relates to the bomb threat as well. Do I feel threatened by a male element in my psyche? Granted, the ‘intruder’ and the ‘abuser’ are male when I used to dream of these. I took them as my negative animus. Is my relationship with my inner male being addressed as a potential threat to my knowledge base?

Then there is the reference to the lunch can being “like the one my father used to have” which is a sure giveaway that yes, it’s a male issue. I only had a ‘distant’ relationship with my father. He treated me indifferently, unless for some reason his attention was drawn to me and then I knew I was in trouble, therefore I stayed safely out of his way as much as I could. A bit like keeping silent so as not to draw attention from my abuser, right?

Contemptuously he exclaims “No!”as if it’s a ridiculous accusation. So we all let go a sigh of relief that there is no bomb.

But the bomb is not where my law officer thinks it is and we all let out a sigh of relief! I let out a sigh of relief because I don’t want to look into the lunch can. I don't want to see what I will have to “eat” if I do look and find something in there – ‘lunch can’ or ‘container’ being a method of carrying food somewhere for later consumption.

I walk over to the far right, and I’m now outside, where I see it’s been raining. At least everything is wet. I look up at the roof of a nearby building and there are empty cardboard boxes on it, piled one on top of another, now flattened because of being all wet. (Didn’t I just have a dream that there was a fire and we lost many things? This could be the remains of the fire department’s spraying water everywhere, and the cardboard boxes are somebody’s belongings?)

So if this is a male issue and I don’t want to look at it, what do I do? I turn away and look outside, at the residual effects of a recent fire (and rain) that ruined the boxes of cardboard. The water has soaked the boxes.

The emotions have invaded my contained world. I am looking at leakage. In this segment of the dream, I actually remember another dream I just had, but which I cannot recall upon wakening. Only the details remembered within this dream remain. I don’t think this has ever happened to me before, this dream within a dream.

I do have a tendency to put my several life activities in different compartments, separating them from each other. I know this is fragmenting, but up until now I have not seen any reason to not do this. I remember Jung saying in Dream Analysis that keeping one’s life in compartments is sure to cause conflict at the unconscious level. This may be what is happening now. I am finding that I want to have my own website, in addition to my blog, but what would I do with it? I want to continue doing digital design but I also want to focus more on dreams, photography and my writings. Lately I am torn more and more about having a clear definition of my goals, about following my bliss. Coming to this forum, I think, was the “fire that caused the boxes to collapse in an emotional heap.” My deflated ego could be the flattened heap of boxes as well.

The fact that the flattened boxes are up on the roof of a house or building relates to my spiritual quest as well, I think. I want my life’s purpose to have meaning, to be spiritual oriented and not just a pleasing thing with which to occupy myself.

As I stand there looking up at the wet cardboard, people are going home. A man in a blue suit, accompanied by some other people, walks by me and he says something that I don’t remember. It was significant at the time.

I feel that my dream is about to end and it’s time to ‘go home’ now. The messages have been delivered, the event we all came here to see is over, time to go. Something is definitely ending, but the man in the blue suit has a message for me relating to the whole dream, relating to what just transpired. If only I could remember it! Ah, but my psyche remembers.

The confrontation I have with the lady behind the counter, I think, is directly related to coming into the forum and sharing my most secretive dreams. Dreams are very personal and when we share them, we are opening ourselves up in a way that leaves us vulnerable. I really think my “showing the librarian my books” is what I did here, sharing about my abuser, and I expected it all to come to naught, to have it just be dismissed, overlooked. But you didn’t – instead you said, Ah, but you must do something. You must confront him. There is a price to pay for being honest and forthright. For walking into the spotlight and saying, here I am – look at me. For bringing my ‘books’ into the ‘library’ I opened myself up to people looking, judging, and putting a price on my disclosure. On asking me, what are you going to do about it?

Something I was not, at the time, ready to face or accept. My anger and rebellion – even using bad language – surprise me so much that I wake up. I am indignant that she would dare to make me pay for presenting my own dreams! And who is “she” ? The librarian – my inner “bookkeeper” (lol – just made that connection!) the one who keeps me “account”-able. : )
Ok, I’ve not read your rendition yet but I will post this first.

I did learn a lot as I reviewed this dream. It’s so easy to dismiss a dream after just a cursory look, isn’t it? But – what revelations!

Be back soon.

Raymonde,
Here are some observations about your dream and post. I will not try to cover all you posted but hopefully enough to provide more to think about {as if there isn't enough already}.

'On the outside' often suggests the waking conscious or ego self. The same can hold true for the 'right' direction in your dream. As you stated going from right to left would suggest 'going from the unconscious to the conscious mind'. that may indicate something is or needs to be made conscious. The law enforcement officer could be the regulating mechanism within the psyche {depicted in our dreams}. It is masculine quality in your dream which may suggest a need for this quality to exert itself in your waking life. The criminal would be the act of not engaging/recognizing what is in the unconscious. These images depict what we often speak of as 'every person in a dream is a part of the dreamer'. To a degree that is true. It often depends on what level it come from.

On a more personal level the dream could be addressing an actual offender or criminal experience. Your abuser could be the criminal. The law enforcement officer could still retain the psyche mechanism. this is why it is often impossible to interpret personal aspects of a dream since there are aspects only the dreamer can discern. The unconscious mechanisms can be recognized but not the personal. The different levels of interpretation, Jung's message that all dreams have at least two interpretations. It is amazing how the dream will take an image and use it for both applications. Especially doing it time and time again within a dream. Dreams are simply fascinating to work with. A puzzle to be solved when there are actually 'at least' two solutions to each piece as well as the whole.

Of course the chasing is likely something emotional that is chasing you, wishing to be made conscious so there can be a resolution. a bomb is an explosive emotional device. Everything in a dream is addressing the emotions. That is what dreams are about, our emotions.

I do get the sense there may be elements of 'aloofness or complacency'. That could be the bomb when you activate your higher self {law enforcement officer} to finally 'apprehend the criminal. The possibility the 'bomb could go off'. Not that you would have an emotional 'seizure' as many would. you are too experienced in Jungian psyche to have that. If a bomb were to explode it would more of a revelation than an actual emotional explosion.

'Wondering whether you are a part of the action'. In dreams the dreamer is always a part of the action. The actions are about the dreamer's emotional self, those that have psyche energy to the point they separate themselves from the mundane and routine everyday experiences in life.

I normally look at unnamed or unknown people in a dream as aspects of the dreamer. The jumper as well as the sitter are you. The foot, the glass, the gaping hole, the wall are images that have symbolic meaning. Determining what they mean is the puzzle. Taken in a 'whole' context often will present recognizable pattern. That is what I look for as much as i do the individual meaning of each symbol. Patterns of behavior that will reveal patterns of emotional behavior, attitudes or experiences or a combination.

"I feel safe not telling anyone or confronting him because then, I won’t have to deal with it, face it or any resulting conflict this confrontation." This may very well be what the dream is about. Not that you need to confront the abuser but the emotional conflict whether you should or not. The reason I asked you about confronting him, whether he may have done this to others, that may be playing on your mind. The law enforcement officer may be going after the emotional conflict you are 'unconsciously' experiencing as well as the abuser. You and he are both the criminal. Again, two aspects of the same symbol{s}.

The males in your dream are addressing masculine aspects. Masculine aspects could be both your animus as well as real men {some of the applications}. You could possess a generally strong masculine attitude but have parts of it that are weak. Strong aspects in your personality but when it comes to some emotional content there is a weakness. Discerning what is what is the 'puzzle' to be put together.

Numbers always have something to say. Sometimes it is obvious, other times impossible to understand their application or meaning. I see many numbers as having archetypal connotations. If not that personal applications. Determining what they mean and/or where they apply can say a lot about the actions in a dream. Their reference is always to something as are all images in a dream. When I see te number nine or a combination that equals the number nine i think of archetypal applications. So too the number four. Jung's thought was 3 is not quite there with the number 4 representing wholeness. But on the other hand a very religious person who who believe in the trinity may have a different application of the number 3. But the archetypal meaning will override the personal. the number 3 would submit to the number 4. Three in the religious person's dream would still be less than whole if it is up against the number 4 {whether it be the actual number or implied}.

"Contemptuously he exclaims “No!”as if it’s a ridiculous accusation. So we all let go a sigh of relief that there is no bomb."
This could be you speaking to yourself, trying to convince yourself there is no bomb. Is that what has happened in your actual waking life? You do not believe there is a need to confront the abuser. There is no bomb. The ego self wants you to think this. Dreams often express in exact terms what the ego is doing, not as a verification but as a matter of fact. A denial of sorts by the ego that the dream wants you to recognize for what it is. But again we have to look at the whole context of the dream to determine how to apply this. The flow of a dream, as with any 'cinematic drama', usually has a flow, something pointing to an explanation. I hate movies that provide such a flow and then gives an absolutely unrelated surprise ending. Dreams don't do that. Everything is related to the emotions of the dreamer. The only surprise is what the individual symbols and total motif really mean.

Rain is water and I see water as a type of emotional expression. It is almost archetypal, fixed. The degree or amount of water is important. Raining is usually a metaphor for a emotional action, crying or a release of emotions being the most applicable. This is an 'outside' event and with that I look to an 'outside' ego experience or application. Boxes have four sides which is usually important to look at. The cardboard would also be a descriptive aspect of the dreamer in context of the 4 sided self. It may be addressing a less than whole application just as the 3 of 4 would. Dreams often repeat themselves using different images or metaphors to express the same emotional pattern. I just last night read a scientific paper on a study where repetitiveness seems to be a norm in dreams.

The wet cardboard, something not quite whole, could recognizing that metaphor be what is bringing the 'people' back home? The end of a dream often provides insights to the total condition of the dreamer's emotional conflict. What the dream is trying to communicate. Instead of coming out and simply saying this is what the dream is about, it is like a movie that wants to entertain so it puts together this elaborate play to express something simple. That is how dreams function. They are plays, movies, about the dreamer's emotional life. The dreamer is the players, the director, the producer, the cameraman, all that is involved in a making a grand production. depending on the dreamer's total psyche, there could be an academy award awaiting to be given to the primary actor/action the dream is being cast. Putting the pieces together in the end so the award is recognizing what it was all about in a grand fashion.

Let me say in closing these are my 'gut' feelings and not totally Jungian ideas. I am an 'intuitive Jungian' and I live by these strong intuitive senses. Sometimes I correct myself and if so it is because I misread something or let the 'thinking' aspect get in the way {being an extrovert the thinking function is a natural aspect}. I believe that when left to intuitive sensing they are always correct. But the minute you begin to question a sensory feelings the intuitive senses become blurred and that is where the mistakes are made.

Web Design

Once again, you have given me so, so much to think on, write about and hopefully dream onwards with.

Today I spent the day at my sister's, where they have a wood stove, because I had no electricity at my house. At least it was warm.

I will respond to this and other posts tomorrow morning, my best time to think and write.

Thanks again!
Raymonde

stats from 7-14-10 to the present