Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: There's a Bomb in the Library - Feb.14-13

Raymonde,
Here are some observations about your dream and post. I will not try to cover all you posted but hopefully enough to provide more to think about {as if there isn't enough already}.

'On the outside' often suggests the waking conscious or ego self. The same can hold true for the 'right' direction in your dream. As you stated going from right to left would suggest 'going from the unconscious to the conscious mind'. that may indicate something is or needs to be made conscious. The law enforcement officer could be the regulating mechanism within the psyche {depicted in our dreams}. It is masculine quality in your dream which may suggest a need for this quality to exert itself in your waking life. The criminal would be the act of not engaging/recognizing what is in the unconscious. These images depict what we often speak of as 'every person in a dream is a part of the dreamer'. To a degree that is true. It often depends on what level it come from.

On a more personal level the dream could be addressing an actual offender or criminal experience. Your abuser could be the criminal. The law enforcement officer could still retain the psyche mechanism. this is why it is often impossible to interpret personal aspects of a dream since there are aspects only the dreamer can discern. The unconscious mechanisms can be recognized but not the personal. The different levels of interpretation, Jung's message that all dreams have at least two interpretations. It is amazing how the dream will take an image and use it for both applications. Especially doing it time and time again within a dream. Dreams are simply fascinating to work with. A puzzle to be solved when there are actually 'at least' two solutions to each piece as well as the whole.

Of course the chasing is likely something emotional that is chasing you, wishing to be made conscious so there can be a resolution. a bomb is an explosive emotional device. Everything in a dream is addressing the emotions. That is what dreams are about, our emotions.

I do get the sense there may be elements of 'aloofness or complacency'. That could be the bomb when you activate your higher self {law enforcement officer} to finally 'apprehend the criminal. The possibility the 'bomb could go off'. Not that you would have an emotional 'seizure' as many would. you are too experienced in Jungian psyche to have that. If a bomb were to explode it would more of a revelation than an actual emotional explosion.

'Wondering whether you are a part of the action'. In dreams the dreamer is always a part of the action. The actions are about the dreamer's emotional self, those that have psyche energy to the point they separate themselves from the mundane and routine everyday experiences in life.

I normally look at unnamed or unknown people in a dream as aspects of the dreamer. The jumper as well as the sitter are you. The foot, the glass, the gaping hole, the wall are images that have symbolic meaning. Determining what they mean is the puzzle. Taken in a 'whole' context often will present recognizable pattern. That is what I look for as much as i do the individual meaning of each symbol. Patterns of behavior that will reveal patterns of emotional behavior, attitudes or experiences or a combination.

"I feel safe not telling anyone or confronting him because then, I won’t have to deal with it, face it or any resulting conflict this confrontation." This may very well be what the dream is about. Not that you need to confront the abuser but the emotional conflict whether you should or not. The reason I asked you about confronting him, whether he may have done this to others, that may be playing on your mind. The law enforcement officer may be going after the emotional conflict you are 'unconsciously' experiencing as well as the abuser. You and he are both the criminal. Again, two aspects of the same symbol{s}.

The males in your dream are addressing masculine aspects. Masculine aspects could be both your animus as well as real men {some of the applications}. You could possess a generally strong masculine attitude but have parts of it that are weak. Strong aspects in your personality but when it comes to some emotional content there is a weakness. Discerning what is what is the 'puzzle' to be put together.

Numbers always have something to say. Sometimes it is obvious, other times impossible to understand their application or meaning. I see many numbers as having archetypal connotations. If not that personal applications. Determining what they mean and/or where they apply can say a lot about the actions in a dream. Their reference is always to something as are all images in a dream. When I see te number nine or a combination that equals the number nine i think of archetypal applications. So too the number four. Jung's thought was 3 is not quite there with the number 4 representing wholeness. But on the other hand a very religious person who who believe in the trinity may have a different application of the number 3. But the archetypal meaning will override the personal. the number 3 would submit to the number 4. Three in the religious person's dream would still be less than whole if it is up against the number 4 {whether it be the actual number or implied}.

"Contemptuously he exclaims “No!”as if it’s a ridiculous accusation. So we all let go a sigh of relief that there is no bomb."
This could be you speaking to yourself, trying to convince yourself there is no bomb. Is that what has happened in your actual waking life? You do not believe there is a need to confront the abuser. There is no bomb. The ego self wants you to think this. Dreams often express in exact terms what the ego is doing, not as a verification but as a matter of fact. A denial of sorts by the ego that the dream wants you to recognize for what it is. But again we have to look at the whole context of the dream to determine how to apply this. The flow of a dream, as with any 'cinematic drama', usually has a flow, something pointing to an explanation. I hate movies that provide such a flow and then gives an absolutely unrelated surprise ending. Dreams don't do that. Everything is related to the emotions of the dreamer. The only surprise is what the individual symbols and total motif really mean.

Rain is water and I see water as a type of emotional expression. It is almost archetypal, fixed. The degree or amount of water is important. Raining is usually a metaphor for a emotional action, crying or a release of emotions being the most applicable. This is an 'outside' event and with that I look to an 'outside' ego experience or application. Boxes have four sides which is usually important to look at. The cardboard would also be a descriptive aspect of the dreamer in context of the 4 sided self. It may be addressing a less than whole application just as the 3 of 4 would. Dreams often repeat themselves using different images or metaphors to express the same emotional pattern. I just last night read a scientific paper on a study where repetitiveness seems to be a norm in dreams.

The wet cardboard, something not quite whole, could recognizing that metaphor be what is bringing the 'people' back home? The end of a dream often provides insights to the total condition of the dreamer's emotional conflict. What the dream is trying to communicate. Instead of coming out and simply saying this is what the dream is about, it is like a movie that wants to entertain so it puts together this elaborate play to express something simple. That is how dreams function. They are plays, movies, about the dreamer's emotional life. The dreamer is the players, the director, the producer, the cameraman, all that is involved in a making a grand production. depending on the dreamer's total psyche, there could be an academy award awaiting to be given to the primary actor/action the dream is being cast. Putting the pieces together in the end so the award is recognizing what it was all about in a grand fashion.

Let me say in closing these are my 'gut' feelings and not totally Jungian ideas. I am an 'intuitive Jungian' and I live by these strong intuitive senses. Sometimes I correct myself and if so it is because I misread something or let the 'thinking' aspect get in the way {being an extrovert the thinking function is a natural aspect}. I believe that when left to intuitive sensing they are always correct. But the minute you begin to question a sensory feelings the intuitive senses become blurred and that is where the mistakes are made.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: There's a Bomb in the Library - Feb.14-13

Once again, you have given me so, so much to think on, write about and hopefully dream onwards with.

Today I spent the day at my sister's, where they have a wood stove, because I had no electricity at my house. At least it was warm.

I will respond to this and other posts tomorrow morning, my best time to think and write.

Thanks again!
Raymonde

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present