Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Church and Pregnant With New Life

Raymonde,
Your question reminds me of what Campbell said about rituals. Something that although directed to the meaning of a myth has pretty much the same application as do dreams except dreams are an 'enactment' of ones personal myth.

"A ritual is an enactment of a myth."
He goes on toe explain:

"Myths puts you in touch with a plane of reference that goes past your mind and into your very being, into your very gut. The ultimate mystery of being and nonbeing transcends all categories of knowledge and thought. Yet that which transcends all talk is the very essence of your own being, so you’re resting on it and you know it. The function of mythological symbols is to give you a sense of "Aha! Yes. I know what it is, it’s myself." This is what it’s all about, and then you feel a kind of centering, centering, centering all the time. And whatever you do can be discussed in relationship to this ground of truth. Though to talk about it as truth is a little bit deceptive because when we think of truth we think of something that can be conceptualized. It goes past that."

Apply this to dreams and I see the same results. The Aha! moment one has with the sudden flash of understanding from the depths of the unconscious. Just as myths provide insights to the universal patterns, dream do the same with personal emotional patterns. How to apply this enactment to dreams would be the question. Art work is a form of ritual and it is used often as therapy.
Do you have a specific ritual in mind? It may help in resolving an emotional issue. More information would help in determining this.

You can read more from Joseph Campbell on this topic at Mythic Reflections. Thoughts on myth, spirit, and our times.
An Interview With Joseph Campbell, by Tom Collins

Here is something from the interview that is a truth.

Tom Collins: The ancient Greeks were surrounded by the presence of gods and statues and reminders of gods."

Joseph Campbell: But that doesn’t work any more. Christianity isn’t moving people’s lives today. What’s moving people’s lives is the stock market and the baseball scores. What are people excited about? It’s a totally materialistic level that has taken over the world. There isn’t even an ideal that anybody’s fighting for."

So true. What chance is there for a new myth to emerge if there is no imagination?

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Again last night, or early this morning, I had three different (but related) dreams that I remember.

My dream life has doubled in intensity and by a significant remembrance factor since I've come to this forum and have started sharing my dreams here. I know something really important is happening in my life here, and I think rituals form an integral part of dream synthesis as a process of individuation.

Rituals have in the past helped me "assimilate" a dream's contents faster and deeper than if I had not performed the ritual.

I'll come back to this with a more satisfactory answer. "life" is begging my attention. You have cats, I have other stuff.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

(I've transferred our "Ritual" conversation to another thread.)

Returning to the Dream of the New Church ...

Thank you for your succinct offers, Jerry.

You bring up certain things that I did not see before. I didn’t relate to the TREE and the growth cycle but it fits. Ever since I’ve intuitively found this forum, I feel that I am growing and being shown many new truths. I also didn’t see that the “building is me.” Yes, it is the usual thing to see a building, and certainly a house, in a dream as being that of the dreamer. So the Church – this basic, sound, woody structure is me, still basic, still growing.

The church is you, your spiritual self, or perhaps your true self {nature's intent is to realize our true selves.

Since this is a “new church” that we are attending, I am going to see this as me having a “new spiritual” experience and it definitely relates to having “found Marion Woodman” – through you and this forum. I see her as a spiritual teacher for sure.

As I’ve stated in my blog post that I made to direct my readers to this forum, I’ve been literally searching for years to find a safe venue where I can share my dreams. I’ve been in other forums, groups, ning networks, and all have just left me feeling ignored and alone with the feeling that no one could help me, simply because I felt that I was way ahead in terms of understanding dreams.

For the past few months, I’ve felt I was at an impasse, a standstill, as far as my spiritual and individual growth was concerned. My dreams were dull, or simply remained un-remembered, as dreams do when the dreamer is not interested in them. I knew I had to do something to get out of this rut or else the depression was going to overrun and destroy me.

New spirituality, discovery of new things about your true self, this could be the 'planting' {impregnation} of new life.

Then, Intuition led me here. It fits perfectly that this “new initiation into a new church” – as would be the first visit to a place of such importance – is also changed into being “pregnant with new life.” I’ve been given something from beyond the normal sphere – my little world – and the cosmos out there is attesting to that; this is a BIG gift, the promise of a new life.

I think the comment or revelation that I’m not the only one is important. It points to me not being alone, yes, but also that here, in this forum, we are ALL growing, we all share in this new discovery of newly acquiring new understanding – and because of its public status, it is SHARED BY EVERYBODY.

“I’m not the only one” is also related to my feeling much less alone with this burden of impending “pregnancy,” a spiritual gestation of, as you pointed out, immense importance. As is every instance of soul-making.

Your asking this question, What chance is there for a new myth to emerge if there is no imagination? really stunned me, Jerry. It was, in essence, also what Marion said in the movie.

My answer is that we ARE creating a new myth - right here, right now. As Marion also said in the movie Dancing in the Flames, (I'm paraphrasing) There is emerging now in the world a new consciousness, and it is of the feminine.

I truly believe that this new consciousness is intertwined in our dreams and it's being grown into being from seed in each one of us. This is our Myth, and we certainly have to use our imagination - and how! - in order to formulate it, work with it, and eventually to bring it out there in our world. This forum is its stage. We are the players.

Are we there yet?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present