Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
black cat, black dog & a strait-jacket

now that i have found this forum, can't resist going ahead and posting an older dream. i had this dream as a child, and it is set in my childhood bedroom. it has always haunted me.
i am in my bedroom, and low and behold, there is a cat and a dog on the window sill. a black cat and a black dog. they are standing up on their back legs, one on each side of the window sill, dancing. so naturally, i have to tell someone what i have seen. the very next "scene", like a movie, i am in a dark room with no windows. the doorway is open a bit and some light streams into the dark room. i am lying on a couch, which seems to be the only furniture in this room. i am wearing a strait-jacket. apparently telling someone what i saw has caused me to be committed as a crazy person. i suppose i woke up at that point, because that is all i remember.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52, mt. juliet, tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: black cat, black dog & a strait-jacket

Salley,
The first part of the dream about the 'black' cat and dog on the window seal may be represent an unconscious imbalance. Standing on their hind legs and dancing may represent something that is 'dancing' in your unconscious that seeks to be communicated {telling someone what you have seen}

The last part of the dream looks to be about unconscious experiences that you are now beginning to see or look at {dark room with no windows but with a door opening a bit}. These may involve actual experiences when you were a child. But the scenes may be about real experiences, someone coming through a door, lying on a couch, actual experiences as a child.

Was there an experience early in life where you 'saw' or experienced something and told someone but they did not believe you? Dreams of children are much different from adults because much of what children dream of are fantasy. But if there were highly emotional experiences dreams can expose real experiences. This dream as a child may have associations to the other you posted Nightmare and with the early life experiences I mentioned.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

jerry,
my mind is boggled. as i mention in my other reply, much of my childhood is missing from my memory. and a lot of what i do remember isn't great. so it is hard for me to pinpoint a situation where i saw or experienced something, told someone, and wasn't believed. it probably happened more than once. it may even be more likely that i didn't tell, but kept the secret, knowing i wouldn't be believed. i can remember that at some point in my childhood, i began to tell myself, "i have food, clothing, shelter....that's all i need." that was my way of coping when emotions were too overwhelming or situations were too difficult.
geez.... i've been in therapy a few times in my life. maybe it's time to go again :-) thanks again, jerry.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52, mt. juliet, tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Sally,
I always enjoyed the thought of providing protection to dogs being an animal lover that I am. But after 34 years of the fence business I was ready to move to something else. And to a warmer climate.

Hope the doggies are still enjoying the fence. They have good parents.

About your dream and childhood
The fact your parents were not able to give you the proper parenting could be the emotional crisis in itself. There may be specific experiences but childhood without proper nourishment is a 'trauma' in itself. That was true in my life, never having had a father {a SOB until the day he died} and thus living in circumstances that stunted my growth. If I had had that father I may have been a psychologist {dream psychology being the thing I love doing most}. Fortunately I had the sychronistic event in discovering Joseph Campbell in 1992 or I may still be that lost child. Then with Jung's Individuation Process I was able to reconcile my childhood and discover I do have a talent for interpreting dreams.

As for therapy. It may be important to seek guidance if you have not reconciled your childhood experiences. For me and most people it has an unconscious influence on the person as well as their actions. When I discovered Campbell and Jung I changed completely. From a couch potato, ego centered, sports freak to who I am today. A transformation from who I was influenced to be {childhood experiences} to my true self. If not for a mother who was/is a heroine no telling how bad my life could have been. I was lucky to discover my true self.
Or was it fate and meant to be?
Often such opportunities are provided and it is ignored. That is what Campbell called the refusal of the call in his Monomyth. Perhaps this is your call to be the heroine in your life.
Fate has a strange way of presenting itself.

If you have other dreams you wish to post I am always available.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present