Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Centipede and Visits to Hell

Hmmm....I don't really see him as being emotionally dependent on my mom.....especially not to the extent the guy in the dream was with his mother. Besides, the man in the dream was basically bullied by his mom because she was very mean/irritating. My parents are best friends so their relationship doesn't really mirror that in my opinion. He was just this quiet, withdrawn and morose guy. (Who was just a wee bit neurotic) I felt bad for him. My dad isn't like that, he's a silly, borderline obnoxious gorilla haha. I didn't notice that age metaphor though! O.o that's weird I didn't even think about that! As to if I'm like my mom, I guess in certain ways I am. I'm a little bit like both my parents really. And completely different at the same time X)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Anna,
Your second dream is a hard one. The young male in the dream is likely an animus figure {your masculine self} but the description of the mother is hard to understand. I'm looking at her as being a feminine quality but having a hard time with the double trip to hell. The Greek myth of the river Styx gives some incite to the possibilities and the mention of it provokes the possibility of something archetypal. If so then we are delving into the collective unconscious. Archetypes are 'original' patterns of behavior shared by all mankind {if not all animals}. Archetypes can be loosely compared to the instincts of animals.

A thought occurs to be what this dream may be about. I will have to dissect the images/symbols in greater detail but the overall pattern, assuming it is archetypal, is the stage of life you are going through. You are 18, the age of 'maturity', growing out of the dependency on your parents, ready to start out on your own. Have you entertained those thoughts? Could they have to do with the 'regrettable' experiences from your other dreams, as in trusting some guy and he betraying that trust? In the myth of The River Styx. In your dream the mother goes through two trips to hell which would represent be your two births {the first being your actual birth, the second birth being the 'second' stage I mentioned above}. Again I would have to examine the images in greater detail to give an understanding symbolic metaphorical reference. Some parts of the dream fit with this scenario but others need greater examination. I'll do that later.

As for the third dream. It starts out with you having lucid powers but not being in a lucid dreams. This would fit with your desire to be able to control the circumstances in your life. A life where you could control everything {including living in your dream mansion}. Then there is the childhood and the mother, and again the hell part. Once again the dream gets into deeper issues that are hard to understand.

Let me 'incubate these last two dreams and give an interpretation later in the week. I must be honest and tell you my mind isn't where it should be to entertain these 'deeper' images. As I mentioned previously I have a very sick cat and that is playing on me emotionally. It doesn't look good for him, I'm nursing him hoping he will recover. I am very attached to my cats {four of them}. I live alone and they have been my family for a long time. To lose anyone of them is like loosing a close member of my family. I went through this twice within a 6 month period a couple a years ago when I lost two to cancer. I nursed them to the very end. It is very hard to do.

I appreciate your patience.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

As someone who sees her pets as family as well I know I would feel horrible if one of them got that sick. I wish your cats the best!

As to your interpretation, I do have to mention that all the dreams I've had the past 3 or 4 days have felt weird. I don't really know how to explain it, but they just felt sort of out of the norm of my regular ones. Not necessarily in content (my dreams are usually weird) but I guess emotion and thought wise? They were different in how they made me feel during them? I guess that's the best I can describe it. I had another mansion dream last night which I recognized thanks to your interpretation of my first dream hehe)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Anna,
I am still working on these last two dreams. If you did realize something from the last dream about a castle then we are making progress. These other two dreams seem to have a different context to them. Hopefully something will come to me in the next couple of days that will help clarify the possibilities to what they mean. I do applaud your ability to understand what I have presented in working with your dreams. To be able to do so early in life is important. When you stat looking at things in life symbolically and or metaphorically you gain a whole new understanding to what they mean.

Religion is one good example. religions when read literally are confusing at best. But when you read them metaphorically they take on a whole new dimension. One example is Jesus death and resurrection. We know this is not possible, to die and be resurrected. But when taken metaphorically and applied to the individual life it means that is what needs to happen to the person. Death of the ego centered materialistic condition and a resurrection to the spiritual. Jesus did this in his own life. So did the Buddha. They were enlightened to a higher condition where the spiritual Self ruled the life and not the ego.

I'll stay with your dream until I can give a definitive interpretation.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present