Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Home Invasion or Premature Move? I don’t think so!

I am in my house, doing things. In fact, I am packing because I am moving. Rebb (my daughter) is making arrangements for me with the buyer and they are soon to be finalised. Someone comes to the door and I answer it. Out of the corner of my eye I see something happening. To my right and through the side door, a woman is coming in, loaded with luggage and bags, and coming into my house! How weird! I recognise her as the woman who is buying my house, but what is she doing?! I turn to follow her as she disappears round the corner.

As I get to the bottom of the stairs that go to the next level, another woman, also laden with bags, is racing up the stairs! What’s going on?! I have intruders in my house! How dare they! Then I think I know what’s really happening. Even if I’ve not completely moved out, ‘they’ are moving in prior to my moving out. Well, what a fine mess that will be. Their stuff mixed in with my stuff! I can’t have that! They thought they could fool me by sneaking in the back door while I was distracted and move in before their time, but I don’t think so!

I race up the stairs and what do I find in the long room but people, sitting with their bags and luggage, scattered all over the place. One of them is commenting on how nice it is up here with all this space. “Who are you?” I ask indignantly! “We’re the lady-so-and-so’s relatives,” they say, “and she’s moving in here, isn’t she?” I say, “Yes, she is, but not now and not with all of you!”

I race back downstairs and I find that space filled with people too. Ok, that’s it! I tell them, everybody out! I push them outside and it’s a good thing it’s summer. I must call Rebb to find out what’s going on. I get my cell and start calling her, meanwhile looking around at the disaster that’s my life. How could this be happening? A woman asks me if she can sit down, she is so tired. I tell her ok, but my rickety chairs are not that much of an improvement over standing.

Rebb tells me on the phone that things are going well with the negotiations for the move, and I tell her what’s happening at my end. They’ve invaded my life and my privacy, I tell her, and I want them out of here. Whatever she says next is garbled and I lose the connection. I am exasperated no end.

I look outside at the people on my lawn and I know I must do something. But what I do next is completely unexpected! (of myself!) I go out and say to them, “When things get rough like this, usually do you know what I do? I make myself a cup of coffee! So, who wants tea or coffee?” Two elderly men say they want tea as my dream ends, and I’m trying to keep a mental tab going of who wants what.

~*~

I have started work at the nursery way before the time that I usually do in the season, and it’s at a different place, in the warehouse, with lots of people. Consciously, I don’t mind it. I love the work, though my body is protesting with aches and pains. Transplanting, filling pots, carrying pots, etc.

The season is approaching and I know I will soon be in the retail section and that is such a busy place and time! So really, this is a “premature” situation in that I am being confronted with people’s issues and interactions, i.e., “baggage,” before I usually am in the later season, in retail. My “private” life (my house) is “being invaded” with people that I am not used to catering to (offering them chairs despite me wanting to throw them out) but in the end it’s a situation that I accept. I offer them tea and coffee.

I’ve had dreams like this before that I vaguely remember but this time it’s different in that, in the end, I accept them and become hospitable with them. So I guess there is a part of my psyche who realises that it’s no use fighting this, the “invasion” is going to happen anyways so might as well go with the flow. I am becoming “social” without my expecting to...

In this dream that is exactly what I do: My dream self – dream ego? – does something that is NOT in congruence with what I expect it to. It’s as if a switch is turned and the dream self that I am changes into a stranger. I expect her to not want people in her house, I expect her to protest loudly at this invasion but what I don’t expect is this:

“But what I do next is completely unexpected! (of myself!) I go out and say to them, ‘When things get rough like this, usually do you know what I do? I make myself a cup of coffee!”

Because... it’s not true. I don’t “make coffee when things get rough” ... my coffee drinking is purely rational and purposeful: two cups a day to bypass my usual fatigue and to give me energy. One in the morning and one at noon. So this comment and end-of-dream "denouement" really surprises me!

What do you think, Jerry? Anything strike you in this one that I haven't seen? Some elements really escape my understanding:

The lady who buys my house (in reality I am not "selling" anything , I'm just subletting an apartment in the city and keeping my house)

Why am I so surprised by my own dreaming self reacting this way?

Puzzled!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Home Invasion or Premature Move? I don’t think so!

Raymonde,
I agree, the dream is dealing with all the sudden changes in your life. A lot of new baggage {social dragon} being placed on you when you had rather be doing creative things.

The ending of the dream
You made yourself coffee after seeing people {other 'affected' aspects} on your lawn {an outer aspect that needs constant upkeeping}. The coffee may represent decision making with the recent changes in your life. The two elderly men, wiser masculine aspects, represent a desire for contentment in your life. These are outer experiences that are causing emotional issues. That may be why it is essential to use masculine aspects in dealing with them.

Does that make sense?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Home Invasion or Premature Move? I don’t think so!

Thanks, Jerry, yes that does make sense.
As it stands, I find myself "being social" when otherwise I would not be, but I think this is in a very real sense 'good' for me because I do feel more alive and as if something has been 'righted' somehow with my move.

I've recently decided that I don't want my time in the city to be just work-work and no play, because that's what I did last year and it was, as you expect, no fun. Maybe the "let's have coffee" element is the fun part in me expressing herself? Making the best of a bad situation.

The male element... very interesting that you suggest I use "masculine aspects" to deal with outer experiences causing emotional issues. Well spotted! The male in me is practical, says, let's make coffee! The female freaks out and calls another female. haha!

This is good, Jerry - thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present