Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The demon in my mirror

Agh what's with all these demon dreams. Anyways this is what I feel to be the most prominent dream in the series of dreams I had last night. I discovered that the mirror in my bedroom was a portal to Hell. (And again with the hell theme) It was controlled or watched by a demon, who took the form of a girl around my age with strangely cut black hair and red eyes and dark clothing. People came from all over to check out the portal, and she always ended up luring them in with her. Mostly guys came because she was really pretty and I guess seduced them into letting her bring them to hell, where they would be tortured and held prisoner. At first I tried warning the people not to listen to her and to just leave, but eventually I gave up because they were all so infatuated with this girl they didn't even pay attention to me.

Ironically, since the girl was in my room, we spent a lot of time together and became friends, even though she was a demon. She was cool though and she would joke around with me about how dumb the guys were that she tricked. She told me stories of life in Hell, and much the same as Benny did in my other hell dream, tried to explain that it actually wasn't that bad of a place to be, so long as you knew the right people. She ended up getting awkwardly flirty with me and came onto me several times which I sort of just passively went along with, just letting her do it for some reason. After a while she told me she really liked me, and wanted me to come to Hell with her. She was the daughter of a rich duke there from an old name demon family, and she said when she had told her father about me he had wanted to get us married. (To which I was like "what" because I'm straight) She told me if I came with her I could share in her life of luxury and live like royalty. I was very dry with her and was like "Yeah right you're just trying to trick me like the rest." But she denied that and pointed out how we were good friends and that she really liked me. While I was deciding how I felt about all that, all these angels came out of nowhere and told me not to listen to her and give into demons, to stay good, all that. The girl mocked them. They took the form of Seaame Street characters and muppets and took up residence in my now crowded room, and day in day out I was in moral turmoil, trying to figure out if I should let my friend take me to Hell or not. She even showed me it through the mirror-portal, and it looked just like the Hell from my dream with Benny, an ancient and crumbling Prague-like city, overrun by trees and whatnot. The angel puppets kept protesting.

Finally judgement day came, where I had to make a choice between Heaven and Hell. I was presented with two keys. One would open the gates of Heaven, which had magically appeared in my room, one would open the gates of Hell. The girl was confident I would go with her, because for the past couple days I'd gained that same dreamy infatuation with her that the guys had, and I was considering going with her. Then I sort of snapped out of it and realized if I held the key to Heaven in my hand, I'd be crazy to willingly go to Hell. So I chose Heaven and the girl was really surprised and the angels all cheered and turned back into normal angels. I unlocked the golden gates and then we were in Heaven. But I was immediately dissappointed. Everything was completely stereotypical Heaven. White fluffy cloud everywhere, rainbows in the sky, angels playing harps, people all smiling and laughing and sitting by the pool or playing or whatever. It felt extraordinarily fake. Superficial. Cheesy. I immediately became aware I was dreaming because I somehow knew this was not Heaven, merely a dream. The angels were oblivious to my thoughts and continued giving me their cheesy tour, going on and on about how perfect everything was and how happy everyone was here and how I was so great for choosing them. I cut them off and told them I wanted to see God. They seemed sort of put off and were like "But don't you want to see the rest of Heaven, God is like in the opposite direction of us, that isn't even fun...." But I insisted.

So they took me to see God and he was really far away. We entered this huge industrial city in Heaven, full of factories and like no people. We passed through a meat packaging plant which greatly disturbed me, seeing the fat meat carcasses swinging from hooks as they were pulled through he factory conveyor belt style. I asked why they had this, and the angels uneasily replied that "Hey, Heaven has meat too" and how God really liked meat. When I finally met God he was grumpy and yelled out who was interrupting him. The angels told me how I had denied great temptation and come to Heaven and God change his attitude and said he was glad to have an ally like me and was very jovial, but overall his demeanor was very harsh and masculine almost like a drunk, and I had an immediate disliking for this dream God who was very unconcerned with the people's world, which I asked him questions about. Overall I ended up getting bored of the dream and being in such a thoroughly unlikeable atmosphere that I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: The demon in my mirror

Anna,
This girl is your 'dark side', your shadow. From my page on the shadow:

In Jungian psychology, the shadow or "shadow aspect" is a part of the unconscious mind consisting of repressed weaknesses, shortcomings, and instincts. You are in dialog with this other self which is good since 'she' can reveal the weaknesses you possess in your conscious life. Look at this girl as you and you will be able to better understand the concept.

The hell this other side of you is talking about would represent your inner fears and possibly being in a seemingly inescapable situation {family obligations that have plagued your personal growth}. It is affecting your whole being {people from all over} especially your masculine aspects, 'torturing'/hindering your capabilities to use these vital instincts as you should. She does not listen to you because she does represents your hidden fears even though consciously you may believe you have overcome them.

Her 'flirting' is the dream trying to get your conscious self to recognize this other side of you, to integrate {marry} those short comings so they will no longer hinder your personal growth. The luxury she offers are those wi+shful things in life you have 'coveted' {not having enjoyed such things}. The demons are inner demons and the angels are also. The angel puppets dressed in Sesame Street costumes would be a warning not to let these dark side fears control you. That is hard to do {mocking} because of constant pressures in life.

A part of this scenario may involve choices you will need to make in the future. Leaving the old self behind, those obligations to family you are so used to and mat feel obligated to. You are looking toward your future and going to college but these pressures still remain. This may be a part of the choice between heaven and hell. But also other inner fears that are common for someone your age who is about to make important life changing decisions. There are two choices {two keys}. One would be to go beyond these inner fears and persevere and the other is to let them keep you down and away from growing personally in your life.
++
Let me comment here about the part of the dream that states' "dreamy infatuation with her that the guys had". There may have been recent experiences {within the past two days} that are influencing the dream, as well as playing into inner fears you possess {other than the ones we have discussed}. This may have to do with boys, some type of temptation you had to overcome {and did}.

The stereotyped heaven would represent overblown expectations of yourself. This would be a 'fear' more so than an actual experience. You are having to 'fake' the emotions because you have yet to get to that place you wish to get to. You are still living at home with the same continuing pressures and obligations.
Comment: Your dreams are dealing with current emotional issues and not predicting the future. The present reality includes those fears and emotional issues. "I immediately became aware I was dreaming because I somehow knew this was not Heaven, merely a dream." The angels tour is cheesy because you do realize your waking reality.

God your higher self, all the higher aspirations that become real. At this moment in time {the dream is dealing with that} you can only see reality. That in itself is good because to be in the moment is reality and not the hopes nor fears of the future. One of the biggest problems in life as we grow older is to be in the moment and not let our minds drift off into a world of worry about what may be or could happen. When you driving your car down a beautiful scenic road but have your mind on your emotional issues and can not see the beauty in front of you, you are not in the moment but instead possessed by the 'demons' of emotions. To learn to be in the moment realize 'nothing is happening', its all in my head, that is the reality one should live by. The unconscious dream knows this because it possesses the wisdom of all ages {the archetypes} where others have gone before you and witnessed the truth of reality vs the emotional overload we place on ourselves..

The conclusion of the dream
God has become a negative. The reality of your current life is weighing you down. The 'industrial' responsibilities plus the fears of what is to come {and what you expect of yourself in the future} are hindering you from the positives in life. These are the raw emotions {meat} coming through, the actual fears you have in the present time {which is natural at this stage of life and with all the responsibilities you have}. God, in the masculine form, that masculine part of you, is not so 'godly' but more like the real world around you. The higher expectations in lief are hard to look to because of your reality as it is now. You are in an unlikeable place in your life due to the stresses. You can't see the real heaven because you are still living in hell.

This last part of the dream indicates you may be having a hard time with your situation as it is. This is important. You need to look toward the positives and not let life get you down. There may have been recent experiences that caused this dream {this may not be your overall feelings but something that caused you to feel the negatives because of recent experiences}. There will be many trials you will have to face but if you will look at your positives, and there are many including your maturity because of having done well in past experiences, that will help you overcome the negatives. At your age, and this is less so as you get into the mid-life years, recent experiences tend to occupy a lot of space in your dreams. Younger people tend to focus on the present whereas older people tend to reflect on the past. Recent experiences will be more a concern in life as well as the focus of your dreams because they create emotional issues that need to be resolved. You need to not let the emotional fears control you but instead concentrate on the positives. The 'thoroughly unlikeable atmosphere' you are currently in will change. The more positive you remain the better that atmosphere will improve. God, the higher possibilities and aspirations within your life, are within you, you have the ability to control your destiny. be in the moment and don't let the emotions consume you.
Something tells me you will 'overcome' and do really well. You are too intelligent {think about it, you are in a conversation most adults could not handle} not to.

One last thought. The God thing. Has there been any thoughts or experiences to do with spiritual matters recently? As I have stated previously there are always at least two meanings/applications to every dream. Could this dream be addressing more than one issue? One could be more important {as I pointed to} and the other an afterthought or secondary/less important.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I have been thinking about what weaknesses my "shadow" may have been showing. On the positive side, she was very confident almost to the point of cockiness, and was very comfortable in her own skin. On the negative side she was incredibly manipulative and selfish/self-centered. I can be both of those things at times, though she seemed to take those things to the extreme. As to the marriage part, I haven't really posted any of those dreams here, but marriage is a CONSTANT theme in my dreams, specifically forced marriage. (ie kidnapped by something or someone horrible and forced into it) At one point in my life I was actually concerned with how many kidnapped/forced to marry or sleep with dreams I had. I haven't had any recently though unless you count this one but we didn't actually get married and she wasn't forcing me or anything.

I don't think I had faced any denial of temptation events in my life at the time I had the dream, so maybe it wasn't based off a specific event? I understand the heaven part now though. It's something I really struggle with in my life. I know I am very blessed, I live a very lucky life, have everything I need, have a loving family and wonderful home, etc and things could be so much worse. So of course the fact that I am miserable most of the time just makes me feel like a whiny spoiled brat and I don't like that at all. Basically on the outside my life is perfect (Heaven) but in reality I know that even though my life may appear like Heaven, it doesn't change the fact that I'm struggling emotionally with a great deal of things. Thus it is an artificial Heaven because if it were truly heaven I would be happy. Also I have been doing my best to look forward to the future, as I am naturally optimistic. Unfortunately the older I get the more my optimism fades away. Agh. Anyways thank you for your insight, as always! Very interesting!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Anna,
Again I am struck with your ability to grasp the emotional issues you are dealing with. For an 18 year old that is unusual.

As for struggling emotionally, that suggests there is something within the unconscious that is causing your struggles. The last dreams you posted may be related to these issues. I look at your statement about having a loving family and wonderful home yet there are the issues of having to pact up and relocate so often. The costume in the recent posted dream may suggest you putting on a facade about your life. Take what I provided to your recent posts and give that some deep thought. You may have a genuinely loving and caring mother but there may be unconscious issues you have yet to discover about her or the relationship with her. Plus the fact you do have to be 'mother' to your siblings may play a role with this. Give thought to this and see where it leads.

The issues with marriage may be about family and marriage of your parents. Being forced to do something is a 'theme', an emotional pattern. Could that relate to your parents? Being kidnapped would be an unconscious issue you fear may happen to you, being forced into something you see {if not only unconsciously} now and are afraid you will have to be that way when you get older and enter into a relationship. The issue may have resolved itself {haven't had the dreams recently} simply by getting older and understanding this is not who you are. Or it could be you are no longer dreaming about it because you have pushed the issues deeper into the unconscious so not to have to confront it. That only causes it to linger and grow and will come up later in life.

Look at the 'mothering' issues and see what that may lead to. That and your parents relationship. The demon in the mirror may have something to do with that.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present