Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Halloween but no candy for me!

Ok so this was a dream I had a couple of months ago, so I thought it was weird to have a dream about Halloween in January. It started out with me walking into my bedroom to find a guy from my school who I find attractive standing in my closet. Now I'm friends with this guy so I was just sort of like "Ok what is going on here." And he told me he had come to see me but I wasn't there, so he did some snooping and had found my journals and read them. I was both angry and horrified because you know that's where I record all of my emotions and craziness and whatever. Not only was he invading on my privacy, now I was afraid he'd think I was crazy and make fun of me with his friends. He even joked "Someone's a little disturbed." I told him off for going through my things but he didn't seem perturbed or even embarrassed about it. We ended up sitting on my bed and talking for a long time about random stuff, completely changing topics. While we talked he suddenly turned into a different guy who I also think is cute. He ended up inviting me to a party the next day which I happily agreed to go to. The end of our conversation was sort of out of the blue. He pulled out a sheet of paper and gave it to me and it was like a complete psychoanalysis of my journals. I felt like he wanted to help me or something. But I was still afraid he was going to tell othe people so when he left I texted him telling him not to and reminding him he shouldn't have poked around in my things in the first place.

The rest of the day I spent lying in bed because I had the flu (I had the flu in real life at the time I had this dream too). I went downstairs at around 7 and my mom told me "You remember that it's Halloween today, right?" But I had completely forgotten. I didn't have a costume put together and by the time I was ready my siblings had already left to go trick or treating without me so I had missed out on everything. I was really upset. But my brothers were really nice and like they always do when I don't go trick or treating they shared their candy with me. So I had a sizeable stash in my room. I told my mom not to throw it away like she always tries to. When I went to bed though all my candy was gone and my mom was suddenly in my room. I was mad at her and asked her what she did with my candy and she said "I threw it away" but in a guy voice and suddenly she morphed into this guy in his 20's who was familiar to me in the dream but doesn't exist in real life. I was mad at him and he told me he had also gave me surgery to remove the candy I had already eaten from my stomach. As he said this I saw the surgery happening and then I woke up in a hospital bed. For some reason this didn't shock me. I was just sort of grumpy about it and was like "Eh I guess it was bad for me anyways." Then I went to the party I had been invited to the day before. It was at a neighbor's house who I am friends with and I was having a lot of fun until I realized I had forgotten to pick up my midterm reviews from school that I didn't get when I was sick and now there wouldn't be any time to study them before the exams. Then I became lucid and worried that I had forgotten them in real life so I woke myself up. Yep. It was a strange dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Halloween but no candy for me!

Anna,

The 'closeted' guy would be your animus or 'hidden' masculine aspect. This is an aspect you are just now beginning to understand and it is attractive to you. But it is not a part of you that has been fully integrated {he had come to see me but I wasn't there}. The journals are more about unconscious aspects than the written books you keep. There is a fear of this aspect becoming a reality in your waking life because it threatens the ego {the ego had rather have you focused on outer addictions and not the inner aspects that create balance}. There is anger at yourself at first but the more you learn about this masculine side the more attractive it becomes {it balances who you are-yin and yang}. This is a vital aspect you need to understand and utilize because it is key to your being balanced { a complete psychoanalysis of my journals}. It is a part of the healing process of the psyche coming through in your dreams {felt like he wanted to help me}. But this is an aspect that you still are not fully cognitive of and needs more learning about before you let it become a conscious aspect {I was still afraid he was going to tell other people}.

Then there is the relationship with your mom. There is a need to disguise your true feelings but you wear a 'costume' to hide these emotions. The Halloween party would represent a need to exhibit your true feelings but because you have them hidden {completely forgotten} it is not something you bring up when interacting with her. Part of the problem is you have missed out on those early life experiences you had with her in later years {her changing}. This has been 'upsetting' for you in your relationship with her. Your brothers in this instance are probably representing themselves as well as the attractiveness of your developing animus/masculine self. The candy is the positive pleasures you possess and the stash is your ability to utilize these positives even in difficult circumstances. You have to use these qualities with your mother because she has thrown away those positive experiences you had with her when you were younger {experiences your siblings have not enjoyed either}. There is a tendency to blame yourself {mad at yourself} for such experiences {blame is a masculine quality} and these are feelings you are familiar with because they are hurtful. What your mother has done has morphed into blaming yourself.
This also may be pointing to fears of becoming like your mother, an unconscious aspect that happens often because of your feminine instincts of mothering.
This has created a 'scar' in your unconscious {relationship with your mother} that needs healing {surgery}. It is not such a shock because unconsciously you are aware of this negative aspect but not so consciously {but your beginning to realize it through your dreams}. The mother relationship has become accepted since there is little you can do about it.

Your positive instincts {party} are a constant part of your personality even though you have to wear this mask in the mother relationship. There are these tests {exams} you must endure in life {this may be a reference to later life related to mothering aspects-mid term exams} and with your experiences in early life you may not be fully prepared for those because of a lack of mothering skills.
This last part is conjecture on my part. But I believe dreams do address future aspects of personality {they compensate what you unconsciously already know} and possible problems dealing with aspects you will need to have to realize your full potential. Since your mother has not provided the necessary skills of good mothering, those influences are imprinted on your psyche. The dream is 'looking forward' to your later life and the problems that now exist and attempting to inform you of these possibilities {probabilities if not paid attention to since early life stimuli usually become unconscious controlling agents in early life}.

I see the dream having two themes. One is the developing masculine identity and the other the relationship with your mother and the problems that poses now and in your future. Because we have discusses these two aspect previously in other dream posts it is easier to see where the dream is going. If we were in a patient/doctor relationship I would have to say we are progressing very rapidly in identifying what it is your unconscious {dreams} are wanting to relay to your conscious self. Of course it is the 'patient' that brings about this rapid response and you are great at being that. It fits with your personality and abilities, Dr. Anna.

Melbourne Fence Pros ....http://www.melfencepro.com/
Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

So I have been taking the recurring feelings of guilt you have found in my dreams into consideration and I realized something during my yoga/meditation class. I do hold a lot of guilt, especially when it comes to my siblings, specifically my younger sisters. I have felt like it is my responsibility to sort of make up for my mom losing steam and basically be a backup mom to them and do all the things my mom used to do for me. But I can't always do this because you know between school and extra curriculars and just life in general, and so as a result I end up feeling not only like I've failed them as a sister, but as a mom too. I know that this is ridiculous and that it is not my responsibility to make up for my mom's shortcomings and yet it won't stop eating away at me. I desperately want my younger siblings to grow up and be happy and safe, so it really gets at me when I see they aren't receiving as much attention as I did. I mean I'm probably all worked up over nothing. It's not like our mom has become neglectful or anything, she's still amazing for running an entire household with so many people, and me and my oldest brothers probably just got ridiculous amounts of attention when we were younger because there were less of us! But I don't know it still bothers me. So yeah I finally recognized the guilt I was feeling due to my necessity to sort of "pick up the slack" for my mom.

I am somewhat confused at the masculine indentity aspect though. I will have to think more on what these traits may be that I need to develop. Perhaps it will come to me like the guilt thing did :) I did have a verrry interesting lucid dream involving several of my male aspects which I meant to share quite a while ago but forgot about....oops. I'll probably post that sometime soon as well. It was my first lucid dream where my main focus was talking with my subconscious non-symbolically, like you suggested and getting straight to the point. So yeah.

(Hopefully someday I will be an official doctor! Haha.)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Anna,
It is only natural to have such feelings about your siblings. Especially after having the attention you received early in your childhood that they are no getting. Being a surrogate mother is tapping into those archetypal instincts you are born with. Just as a turtle knows to flee to the ocean upon birth, mothers {and fathers} have an innate drive to be a mother. These experiences should be valuable when you do become a mother.

As for the masculine aspects. The mere fact you have had to be the mother in so many instances is a 'masculine' trait. Taking control, being strong, persevering, you are developing important masculine traits {young boys} to balance what is lacking in your personality. That is also a positive since to have a truly harmonious adult life you need both masculine and feminine aspects to be balanced. Those qualities lacking in the conscious life will be the opposite qualities in your dreams that need attention. This is what the young boys symbolize in your dreams {as well as possible relationships with your brothers}. Take this as a positive thing and let it move forward in your dreams.

I am glad to know you are taking yoga classes. To understand these vital Eastern concepts will prove to be valuable as you grow older, three things that greatly influenced Jung {and Campbell} was Buddhism, Gnosticism and Alchemy. Eastern philosophies, especially Buddhism {which is more of a psychology than a religion} are far advanced in so many ways than what we are taught in Western cultures. All three deal with 'transformations' of self to the higher Self. Yoga is 'letting go of the ego', to concentrate ob your breath and not to think. Western medicine has discovered the valuable properties yoga has on the body and its physical and mental health. Now that you are participating in the physical yoga I suggest you go to the next level and learn about 'mental yoga' and its positive affects. Enlightenment is illumination of the soul. Eastern philosophy is more attuned to soul work than is the West {dream interpretation is soul work-psych-ology, psyche being Greek for soul}.
Again I see great promises for your future Dr. Anna.
Melbourne Fence Pros ....http://www.melfencepro.com/

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present