Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nursing home dream

Hello, I had a dream I was driving my mum to a nursing home and she was arguing with me saying she didn't need to be in a nursing home. She leaned over me and began to try and steer the car almost causing an accident. The next part of my dream was my mum and I in the nursing home and me talking to the nurse. Any ideas? Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Ireland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Nursing home dream

Paula,
Several possibilities I see in the dream.

Is there a discussion to be made whether in real life your mother will need to go to a nursing home? If so then the dream would be a reflection of that discussion.

If not then there is probably a conflict in your mind {your dreams are about your emotions} related to your mother concerning a need some aspect of the relationship. If there is a discussion about placing her in some else's care then that could be a part of the conflict. But it could not nave anything to do with nursing homes at all but some other aspect of the relationship.

A telling aspect within the dream is your mother trying to steer the car and almost causing an accident. I see that as her trying to influence some aspect of your life {again, the car about you} which could cause a problem. She is 'leaning o you' to do something. Look at this part of the dream and see where it may fit within your life.

There is also the possibility the dream is addressing aspects of you as a mother. You could be 'arguing with yourself about some direction to take in life having to do with your skills as a mother. In that event your mother would be an influence on your mothering skills but only a minor aspect of the dream.

Nursing homes would be a place for healing or taking care of oneself. A nurse would be a healer. The second dream may be addressing a need to heal aspects to do with your mother {or your own mothering skills}.

Jerry
Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co-Middle Tennessee
/Gifford Fence Orlando

Creative Thinking Wed Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Dream Interpretation Orlando/Space Coast, Florida

Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks so much Jerry this makes a lot of sense.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Ireland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Paula,
That is what is important. If an interpretation fits your waking life then it is a proper interpretation. Dreams are a reflection of the emotional life of the dreamer, past and present. When you can recognize the associations of an interpretation to past events/experiences in your waking life you are able to better understand the true emotional energies the dream is trying to communicate. Ignoring these emotional forces will prompt future dreams to include the same message. Only when you understand the dream and take measures to correct the imbalances in your emotional life will the particular dream motif cease. Dreams are therapeutic and when we pay attention to them we are better able to reconcile those aspects in life that are not in accord with a balanced life. It is one thing to understand the dream, and another to do what is necessary to fulfill the dream's intent at healing what is out of balance.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co-Middle Tennessee
/Gifford Fence Orlando

Creative Thinking Wed Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Dream Interpretation Orlando/Space Coast, Florida

Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present