Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two dreams I had,right after the other, didn't wake up in between

Ok, so this will be my first time posting anything about my dreams on here. So here goes, if anyone wants to have a go at telling me what they mean, I'm open to hearing them.

My first dream started out with me seeing a young girl, she looked about 7 or 8; she had blondish-brown hair down to about mid-back. Immediately I get the feeling that she's sad, very sad about something. I look around and I notice she's in a cemetery, her hand lightly touching/running over different headstones. Then I see two people, two men, walk up to her and ask if she's ok. They keep trying to get her to smile, making conversation with her, trying to get her to speak. I hear one of them say, "Oh come now, where's those smiling brown eyes we all love?" She looks up at them, her eyes look watery, like she's about to cry. All of a sudden, I feel something in the air change...I'm not sure what, but it feels like the men get anxious...nervous or worried (you could see it on their faces too). I see the two men look to their right, now they have worried expressions on their faces. One of them turn around to the direction they had been staring, the other takes the little girl's hand and leads her to a headstone that's a safe distance away, he motions for her to sit down on the ground and she does. He gets on his knees, eye level with her now and tells her, "Stay quiet, no matter what you hear, whatever you may hear, stay hidden, and stay quiet. Wait here until one of us comes to get you or you no longer hear anything." The girl starts to say something, tries to grab his hand as he leaves but she doesn't get his hand quick enough, so she leans her back against the headstone and gets quiet. Next thing I hear is something that sounds almost like electrical static, don't know how else to describe it. Then it gets quiet, unearthly quiet, I see the girl start to slowly peek her head above the headstone, but quickly ducks back down. She sits back down, her back to the headstone, starting to breathe a little heavier, closing her eyes tightly then opening them again every so often (it was like I could feel hear her heartbeat, she was getting scared). I hear what sounds like someone taking 3 steps forward, stopping, then turning on the toe of their shoe, like they were looking around. Then it goes quiet again, the girl slowly stands up, she finds she's all alone, the two men (her friends) were gone, so was whoever else came there. Then it phased into my second dream....

My second dream was more scattered and hazy. I remember seeing flashes of knights, fighting, they were in some war. Then the war ends, and this one knight settles down in this village that had been badly affected by the war, buildings burned, walls torn down, etc. He decides to settle down here, to help them rebuild their society etc etc. This knight had green eyes, wavy, brown hair to his shoulders. I got the feeling that he was a good man, nothing but good feelings emanated from him. Years went by, the town was rebuilt, everything returned to normal, he had become a farmer. The next thing I see is a large group of soldiers led by a man in a long white robe or tunic with a gold chain round his neck and a cross on it. It looked like one of those Celtic crosses (link: http://my.opera.com/Sidewinder27/albums ... e=71781102 it was like this only more pointed coming to the middle, didn't have the circle round it or any design, just plain and simple gold).They came to this village and demanded they hand over this man I kept seeing in my dream. The village protested, saying they would never surrender him, why did they want him, etc etc. The man in white then threatened to burn the village down, tear it apart, whatever he must to get them to surrender the man (I got very strong angry, bad feelings from this man). They keep protesting, but now the man steps out and says he will go willingly, just to leave the village alone. He says farewell to the people there who still are trying to convince him not to go, and the soldiers (knights) grab him and lead him away. Next I saw he had shackles on his wrists, and they had cut his hair to a more clean cut type look (best I can describe it is a mix between Arthur Darvill and David Tennant). It was as if I was there....but not, like I could hear/see everything, but nobody noticed me. They led him into a large room...maybe a court of some kind, there was a lot of people inside, they shut these heavy wooden doors behind them and I couldn't get into the room as much as I tried. So I listened outside the door, but it was so noisy I was having trouble concentrating, I remember closing my eyes several times, tilting my head to the side, trying to focus. Still, it was as though it faded in and out, I only heard something that sounded like "recant" or "repent" "or face the consequences." Then I remember seeing inside the room (I still wasn't inside, I was outside but I could see inside the room) it was full of people, all yelling and talking at once, the man in the center of it all. He stiffened his shoulders, held his head high and merely said "No, I cannot." I could sense his calmness, he wasn't afraid at all. Then I see them leading him down a dark hallway. Here, I'm hiding in between two columns near the wall, in a crevice of sorts. As they lead him past, I see him smile and look up at me, his eyes MET mine, and I KNEW he saw me. The look/smile on his face almost seemed to say (I literally heard this in my head as they led him past) "I see you. I know you're there. I know who you are." (I felt myself swallow a bit hard, confused, slightly unnerved I had been spotted cause as I said I KNEW I wasn't PHYSICALLY there and nobody else saw me). I remember following them down the hallway, it's lit with torches, they bring him to the dungeon. I can hear the people screaming, the other prisoners, there's a hole in the ground, a pit or something with a grate over top. Down in the pit there's a man, rolling on the ground screaming. He has a helmet on that he can't take off (it was like a Paladin helmet with a point in the front) and inside there's some poisonous spider. He's screaming that the spider is biting him. I see the man look up, then once again looking RIGHT AT ME (again, I KNEW I wasn't physically there) and he says "No....I refuse to recant." (I remember feeling...worry? sadness as to what I knew would happen to him? Idk...it was a strange feeling I got as he said that, staring in my eyes the whole time. Like, I felt safe with him...knew whatever it was they wanted information about he wasn't going to give it up). And that was when I woke up...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24, NJ/USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Web Search

Re: Two dreams I had,right after the other, didn't wake up in between

Grace,
First off you may want to read my page Summary Outline of How to Interpret Dreams to gain an understanding how dreams function. This will prepare you for how I analyze dreams and the terminology I will use in analyzing your dream.
Also I will interpret this first dream in this post and the second in a separate post. I have paperwork from personal business I need to do before looking at your second dream.
Anytime I read a statement in the first part of a dream depicting a young child {even an unknown child} the most likely possibility is the dream is about the dreamer as a child. In this instance there is a 'sad' child with much of the experiences having been buried {cemetery/headstones} within your unconscious. The two men may represent something to do with these childhood experiences but they could also represent animus {the masculine aspects within your psyche}. In the later instance a stronger masculine identity you possess {or need to possess} is/wants to make you smile despite the past childhood 'sad' experiences. The one man trying to prompt you to smile probably was a real person and had an important part to play in your early life. This first part of your dream, what Jung called the exposition/initial phase, sets the tone of what the dream message is usually trying to communicate.

The dream statement about the two men could be addressing the 'two aspects' of the masculine I mentioned. One is turning in the direction they were staring {which may indicate a recent experiencing involving this same real man and making you look back} and the other is 'unconscious masculine self' telling you to keep quiet {hold it in your unconscious}. There could be a combination of the two, one depicting a real man, the other addressing the animus qualities. This is usual in dreams.
The 'something in the air' is probably addressing two aspects also. One would be the memories of these experiences being a part of your dreams. The second could be addressing specific experiences.
The dream statement "Then I see two people, two men..." would be the second phase of the dream, which fits with Jung's theory of dream structure, the second part of the dream containing the main plot and a developing story.
The dream statement, "Stay quiet, no matter what you hear, whatever you may hear, stay hidden, and stay quiet. Wait here until one of us comes to get you or you no longer hear anything" could again be animus aspects {the ego as a masculine aspect not wanting to consciously 'hear' about these 'sad' unconscious memories}. The ego doesn't wish to confront the painful events and tries to keep it a 'secret' within the unconscious because of the 'hurt' the ego would experience. Or you may be consciously aware of what happened but try not to think about it or let it bother you {Freud's contention that dreams try to disguise past experiences, and which have been discredited by Jungian psyche, could have been confused with the ego playing that role}.

But there again could be a real experience with a real male where there were instructions to 'keep quiet' about something or some experience when you were a child. Often such a statement indicates there was but not always. The reaching for 'his hand' could be reaching for an ability {hand} to confront these unconscious memories {something requiring a strong animus/masculine aspect} but instead keeping it buried {against the headstone and gets quiet}. And again it could indicate something in your past where you sought help with a real person only to be denied or betrayed.

Now we enter into the third phase of the dream Jung called 'culmination' where something significant happens {"Then it gets quiet, unearthly quiet...."}. Your true self {girl who has sad experiences buried in the unconscious} peeks her head {thinking self} from behind the headstones {buried in the unconscious}, only to duck back {the conscious self still refusing to let it become conscious}. What is significant may be these past 'sad' experiences now trying to come to consciousness. Has there been a recent experience that brings these past experiences back? Or something that brings the subject back only to disappear? Or is it merely not letting these unconscious things become conscious thinking?

then we come to the final phase of the dream, what Jung called the 'lysis', a solution or result. I don't see a solution but there is a result from the actions in the dream. There is progression in association with this 'sad child experiences' only to be a regression. My sense is this is about personality and the affects these past childhood experiences are now having on your psyche as an adult. We know that past experiences {especially during childhood} are the foundations who we become as adults {like the foundations of a house-built strong, a strong adulthood-built weak, a weak personality and emotional insecurities}. In your adult life it seems you are progressing 3 steps only to have 'turn-about' and regressing. The searching may be about discovering why this is. Is there a void in your life you can not explain? Something unknown within you that keeps you from being all you can be? Loneliness?
The solution would be to confront the past 'sad' child and the experiences in childhood that are still controlling your life. The exact experiences in your childhood and the consequences are spelled out in the dream {they never are} but the outline is {that is where experience in dream work is helpful}. What experiences were there when you were 7 or 8 that made you a sad child? That child is still within you and the only way to make her smile is to confront the past and make it right. By bringing it all out {therapy may be needed} you start a healing process. By holding it in you remain that sad child and the hold it has on you as an adult.

In the last part of this dream you state "it phased into my second dream....". The second dream may reveal new information. Often though it repeats what is already stated in earlier dreams except it uses different symbols {images and phrases}. I'll look at your second dream after I finish my 'homework'. I'll also go back over this dream since I am a bit rushed in my interpretation.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Grace,
The second dreams begins with symbols of securities and conflicts {knights and wars}. The knight would also be a masculine aspect and that part of you {at least one aspect of the animus} has been affected by the conflicts in your life. The feelings of security and protection have been affected. This would likely point to early life experiences/influences. It is something that has 'settled' within your psyche and there is a lot of rebuilding {of your injured psyche} that needs to be done. The war ended which suggest you have removed or moved away from whatever caused the war.

On a 'literal' sense there may have been a 'savior/knight' in your life, or someone who is thought of as a 'knight' and that would or should help you tear down the walls from this inner war. This is a supposedly positive masculine figure.
Do you have green eyes and brown hair? If not then what male you know who does?
This masculine part is a positive aspect which may point to maturing on your part and able to progress despite the early life insecurities. But on the other hand as a real person 'he' involves both a negative conflict as well as a positive force.

Years have gone by since your childhood {and conflicts & wars} and now you are looking to grow {farmer}. Life is pretty much normal consciously {as life is thought of even with unconscious motivations}.
Then the scene changes.

This symbol says a lot. One it is a spiritual symbol for wholeness {both the cross and circle}. I am getting the sense this part of the dream is addressing an inner conflict that has to do with the soul as well as the conflicts from childhood.

There is word that comes to mind when I see this symbol, red about your inner conflict and your comparison of David Tennant and Arthur Darvil. Doing a Google search {I am not familiar with the actors} took me to a link about the drama show Broadchurch. In this show Darvil plays the town priest Paul Coates. Are you Catholic? Are there or were there any priests in your life who had an affect on you, especially in early life. I could interpret the symbols about this 'inner war' within you but I don't know if that will clearer picture if indeed this priest thing is indeed involved. I'll let you answer this question and if there is not such a person we can go back and look at these symbols.

A priest would also fit with "knew whatever it was they wanted information about he wasn't going to give it up." And he would someone you trust. Let me get a response from you on both parts of my analysis and then we can go from there. I do ask you provide a follow up response. I spend a lot of time working on this and all I ask is a response to my analysis. If there is something you hard rather do in private you can e-mail me.

One thing seems to be clear is this is an internal conflict and you consciously are needing to looking within yourself for answers {I still wasn't inside, I was outside but I could see inside the room}. You are now really beginning to do {seeing into the room}. The recanting could be feelings about inner guilt for something you are not to blame. The spider may represent a fear, not just yours but of the feminine power you possess that could affect a male person.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hello, thanks for replying to these dreams. On your question of "was there something that happened when I was 7 or 8 that made me sad?" The only event that comes to mind is that when I was 7 1/2, my grandfather passed away. I didn't get to see him much, since he lived in a different state, but when I did get to spend time with him...Idk I guess I admired him, looked up to him, I was very close to him. Lol, he was one of those grandfather's that when your grandmother said you couldn't have a cookie before dinner, he'd sneak you 2 cookies. I remember that it was a really devastating blow for me when he passed; I remember staring at him in his coffin just waiting for him to wake back up. It took me....I think till I was 12 to fully let that go, and be ok with him being gone and realizing he's in a better place etc etc. Another event that happened when I was 7 1/2 (about 2 weeks after my grandfather died) strange things started happening. I would prefer to email you about that event if you would like to hear more on that topic, but it wasn't anything that made me "sad" it was just weird to me but I quickly grew accustomed to it. Other than that I can't think of any events that made me "sad," I mean, sure I still miss my grandfather but I have some pictures of him, and I still think about him, it's not like I bury him and don't think about it at all.
[The searching may be about discovering why this is. Is there a void in your life you can not explain? Something unknown within you that keeps you from being all you can be? Loneliness?] I can't say there's a void in my life really, and I'm very rarely lonely. I'm the type of person who actually enjoys being on their own, alone, or just doesn't mind it. Cause when I'm alone, that's usually when I'll read, write, listen to music, just basically calm/relax myself, I even meditate some times.

In the second dream you asked if I have green eyes/brown hair or if I know anyone who does. The answer to both is no, I don't have brown hair, it's dirty blonde; I don't have green eyes, I have brown (though they do change to blue or green dependent on my mood/what I'm wearing). I also do not know anyone, male or female with brown eyes and green eyes.
You also asked if I was Catholic, or if their were ever any priests in my life that influenced me. That answer is no as well. My grandparents/parents were raised Catholic, my grandfather had a Catholic burial, that was my only experience with a priest and he didn't say anything to me...kinda looked at me when I was looking up at him and then looked away and walked away (guess he didn't know how to deal with kids lol). Ever since then, I've had no dealing with Catholic religion/priests, my parents converted to Christianity (Baptist) and I was raised Baptist. I've only stepped into a Catholic church one more time since that time, and that was cause it was part of sight seeing in New York.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Oh! And also, the comment about "knowing whatever it was they wanted to know, whatever information they wanted to know, he wouldn't give it up) that wasn't about the priest, that was about this man they accused of something and wanted to "recant." The priest actually gave me the shivers, kinda scared me in all honesty

Grace,
I appreciate the response and clarification. Your added info let's me better understand the dream.

The part about being 7 or 8 and the death of your grandfather could be the stimulus for the dream. But not seeing him much and having a close relationship with him would likely eliminate that. The 'other' thing may be what we need to focus on. If there were 'strange' things that happened during that period of time it could be what the dream is about {or partly about}. I am pretty sure the age time frame is important to the dream. If you want to e-mail that info to me at mythsdreams@hotmail.com you can do so. I will re-examine the dream {especially the second one} and see if I can find anything that would fit with the 'strange' things you mentioned. There is a possibility the two dreams are addressing two separate emotional issues but the way you penned them I think they are related. And the second dream followed the first in the same night. The image of the cross may serve as a note to something deeper in your psyche. Such images are often archetypal and would represent very strong emotional forces. These images usually appear during important changes in life or represent something beyond the norm of everyday life. Once you e-mail me about the 'strange' things that occurred when you were younger I may be better able to determine the cross's significance.

Are you going through any particular important changes in your life? The cross is often symbolic of death and resurrection and the reference would apply to the dreamer's life. Something important is changing in the dreamer's life, an end {death} to one thing and a beginning [rebirth/resurrection} of another. The circle would represent wholeness. Both are spiritual symbols. Or, in a 'strange' application 'metaphysical' symbols.

Jerry

A note about Grace's dream. In a private e-mail she did confirm there was an experience when she was 7 1/2 years old that fit with my analysis. Not to give away private information I can say the experience did occur after the death of her grandfather and involved what can be described as 'metaphysical'. As for the Catholic associations {which were confirmed in her response here} there was not a priest involved but instead a protestant a minister.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present