Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Childhood crush

Hello,

I frequently dream about the boy I really, really liked liked as a child and most of my teen years. At least a couple times each month. Every time the dream has a different setting, but he is always there. He usually never speaks to me. But he is always walking around or present while other things are happening. I have known him and his family for my entire life. I still see them occasionally in my life. They are sweet people. I'm not really attracted to him now. But even in his adulthood, he still carries a strong sense of mystery about him.

In this dream I had recently, I was at his parents house. In the dream they had this beautiful pool. It was multi-level (cascading into itself with a waterfall) and was embellished with beautiful stones. It was the clearest water I had ever seen. I dreamt that he was walking with me around the pool. We never said a word to each other. But he was there, by my side. We walked around the pool a couple of times then we both stopped, looked at each other for a while, he nodded at me, then we both dived into the pool. It was beautiful. I then woke up.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 & Orlando/Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? My Mother

Re: Childhood crush

Chelsea,
On a first inspection the dream seems to have little to say other than you being with this boy. And it almost appears the dream is more about him than it is you. But every dream has a message and from Jungian psyche {and my own personal work with dreams} we know your dreams are about you and your emotional self. Any person in your dream would be in 'relationship' to you. There would be 'emotional energies' associated with other named/known persons. That does seem to be the message of this dream, a strong emotional 'bond' you have with him. Here is how I see images/symbols in the dream as it plays out.

Dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor withe the images and defining phrases being metaphorical references to you the dreamer. The parents house is a merging of female and male aspects within your psyche {the house is you, the parents {man/wife-male/female} the merging aspects}. It is the yin and yang, complementary {instead of opposing} forces interacting that can help you achieve a higher consciousness when those qualities he possesses {and which unconsciously attract you to him} are activated.

The 'beautiful' pool is an unconscious 'reflection' of those attractive qualities he possesses. It is 'multi-leveled' which suggests there are layers of unconscious energies that attract you to him {unconsciously}. If were a single layer it would more likely be a conscious attraction, one with emotional energy but only as long as the relationship endured. Your unconscious attraction to this boy is 'forever' because it {attraction} possesses qualities that fit with your masculine self. Again the yin-yang concept, in unity and not opposites.

The cascading waterfall is a process whereby psyche energies {attraction} are successively passed on {cascading}. The waterfall represents revitalization and renewal {especially when the water is clear}. Those psyche qualities that attract you unconsciously energize you. Consciously, if you should be able to derive from his personality , there are likely qualities he possesses that would amplify and strengthen your own masculine self {your animus}. The qualities he possesses are 'embellished' {made more attractive by the addition of decorative details or features} by the 'strength' {stones} of the psychic energies that attract you to him.

Water is a symbol of the unconscious and there is an unconscious 'clarity' that attracts you to this boy. This is not a conscious thing {the clearest water I had ever seen}. No words are spoken, it is entirely an unconscious 'dialog'.

He is by your side, interconnected. The 'reflection' {pool} on this boy has occurred a couple of times {earlier when you were younger, and again now, so much so you posted this dream}. His attractive masculine qualities are recognized {unconsciously}. You unconsciously 'dive' into this reflection of yourself.

A long about way to interpret the dream but in mind it is as 'clear' to the message is. Because there is no conscious attraction to this boy there has to be something that 'spell' bounds you to him. Following the images and the pattern they lay out, I am confident this is what the dream message is. I seldom make that type statement about a dream because most often there will always be ambiguity to understand the 'exact' message of any dream {since I know nothing you personally}. It might do you well to get to know this guy and determine what qualities about him he possesses that attract you to him.

Jerry

Yin-Yang: A term used to describe how seemingly opposite or contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world; and, how they give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another. An ancient concept and symbol referring to complementary opposites, such as light/dark, day/night, masculine/feminine, sun/moon. Yin is seen as dark, passive and feminine. Yang is seen as light, active, and masculine. Yinyang was a philosophical view in Chinese society of a unity of opposites, each representing the greater and lesser of similar concepts, which one found in the universe. An example would be the yinyang representation of husband and wife. Yang are the dominant principles of maleness, the sun, creation, heat, light, Heaven, dominance, and so on. Under yin are the submissive principles of femaleness, the moon, completion, cold, darkness, material forms, submission and etc… This unity of one greater principle over a lesser one moves in cyclical path so that no single one is all dominant.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present