Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Killing Frogs

Dear Jerry,
I would appreciate your insight into what this dream might mean. You have given me new ways to look at my dreams in the past and I am grateful for your help. Pat

KILLING FROGS
I am outside standing on a green lawn that is my front yard in the dream. Directly ahead of me is a wide border of green bushes that lines the property in front of the sidewalk. There are some other friends or neighbors around as well as my husband. One of our good friends (determined, skillful, rigid would describe him in waking life) is spraying the bushes with a fertilizer that also has weed and bug killer in it. There is ground cover between the bushes so no dirt is visible. The ground cover between the bushes begins to undulate as if something is alive underneath and a green frog jumps out and turns white as it dies on the cement. As I watch, many frogs are jumping, trying to get away but they are jumping into places where the chemical was sprayed. I am horrified and saddened. At first I am thinking, “why does he do this to his lawn?” and then I remember that it is my lawn and I could have stopped him, but he is only trying to be helpful and it will hurt his feelings if I say something. I have a white handkerchief that I am holding up to my face as I cry.
Then I walk over to my husband who is talking to a neighbor and I tell then how horrified and sad I am. I am still holding the white handkerchief but not crying as naturally, as if I am forcing the tears now. My husband and the male neighbor are also upset about the killing of the frogs and note that the shrubs didn’t look that bad to start with.
Scene changes and I have gathered up some mail to take to the post office and as I did this I also inadvertently scooped up an envelope of money belonging to my good friend who is married to the man who did the spraying. The money was from her workplace. I place all the mail on a table in the post office which is outdoors. To my left is one of the shrubs planted in a pot. It is exceptionally beautiful but has remnants of the dead frogs that looks like melted light green wax on top of the dirt. A woman postal worker hands me the envelope of money and I am deciding what to do with it, keep it or give it back.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Killing Frogs

Pat,
I'll give your dream a good look in the morning. Has been a rough morning and although my intuitive senses are much clearer than they were over the past few days it might be best to look at your dream after a good night's rest {recharge my unconscious batteries}. You know the old saying {one that is truer than we might believe}. You always do better after a good night's sleep. As much to do with tapping into the therapeutic aspects of dreams as it does with recharging the body}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Pat,
Undoubtedly the dream is addressing inner issues but I get the sense there are waking experiences involved also. The neighbors and the married female friend for some reason stand out as not only symbolic metaphor of yourself but possible actual experiences. Keep that in mind as you read my analysis. especially the last part of the dream.

My Analysis
The dream begins with the statement that says 'your life is progressive and progressing' {green lawn}. And in your future there is greater potential {green bushes/feminine power}. Your desire and goal has been to surround yourself with like minded persons and loved ones who help can you fertilize your being for even greater potential but also remove the small ordinary encumbrances from your waking life. But there is something that prohibits you from achieving all you wish to. The transformation to even higher status has evolved but the glue that holds things together buckles upon exposure to an unyielding expectations. There are many positive possibilities there may be a problem with a manipulation of the natural processes. This 'takes you away' from your progressive attitude. There may be too much 'masculine' force being exerted, something that was meant as a positive but ends up as a negative {trying too hard to achieve your goals}.

You are in communication with your strong animus, seeking solace from the negatives that have popped up in your ordinarily positive life. You have surrendered to your emotions and that affects your whole being. Everything is actually in great shape in your life but there is the 'manipulation' of the process when you should let it evolve naturally {trying to progress too far too fast may be the problem}.

You are naturally thinking of opportunities supported by positive thinking but with dangers of past experiences being a guide {or should be the guide}. The value in this 'opportunity' is it will help develop your skills. But you need to remember past experiences. There is possible inner growth but it involves negatives from past experiences. A opportunity exists that has value but the decision is whether it fits in your life.

The last part is what throws me off about the dream. I think the first parts are about growth and growing, and perhaps trying too hard to reach full potential. The last paragraph may be warning you not to influence matters by trying too hard. But I get the sense there are waking life experiences involved. Perhaps outside influences that seem promising but may or may not fit with your core principles.

Try the above on for size and see if it fits with recent/overall experiences.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

A good nights rest has certainly helped for your response was a close fit for what I am experiencing at the present time. I work with my dreams and am sometimes discouraged with what I perceive as a lack of progress in becoming more conscious of my inner self. And I often forget that dreams often have multiple meanings---and after reading your response realized it did indeed address an old issue with a female friend. At the same time I sent this dream to you I was reading Carl Jung's "Memories, Dreams and Reflections" and felt less impatient with my "progress" when I read that he had studied an alchemy text for 10 years before truly understanding what it meant. I immediately felt better and more relaxed about the whole process of self-understanding. Then, reading your response I felt even more encouraged about "progress" and letting things evolve naturally. Thank you again for all you are doing with dreams. Pat

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present