Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
knife dream

I was with my husband at the zoo. We saw the most beautiful and friendly dog, then someone just threw a knife at the dog and it died. Then the next minute we realized, it was falling knives but my husband protected me and nothing happened to us. What does this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Ontario

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Spring

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: knife dream

Soring,
My sense is the dream is addressing an experience/event/issue where someone or something did or attempted to do something or say something {threw knife} that would/could/did upset some part of the relationship between you and your husband. It could have involved some other person or could have been an experience between you and your husband. In any event the 'friendly' aspect that existed ended {friendly dog died}. Your husband protecting you from the falling knives could represent the security you feel from being with him. This could be despite some part of the relationship had was injured {dog dying}. Was there such a recent experience with your husband where something was 'thrown' into the relationship but you did not let it 'injure' you because of the 'security' he provides?

In a deeper sense {a dreams have at least two meanings/applications} you may possess an attitude or personality trait that can be injured but will continue to let it be a part of you because you feel secure in being this way. This would involve characteristics you developed early in life that have unconscious control over your actions as an adult. A question I would ask is how was the relationship between your father and mother? Can you detect similar attitudes in your marriage?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present