Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two Long Lines

Okay I really know nothing about this website or anything but i've tried other sites and they all suck so here goes nothing. Before I tell you my dream you should know. I used to go to this school about 9 months ago but, i only went there for a short while. I hated it. It was the worst school I had ever been to. It was weird though because it was very small and the majority of the hallways were outside as most of the school was lots of separate buildings (if i can even call them that they were so small). It was 6-12 grade and the a 500 person town. The school is placed in the middle of town. Okay now onto the dream... I was at this school for some reason, and it wasn't to go to school either. This wasn't like a school day at all. The school was still in the same spot but rest of the town that usually surounds the school was gone and so were all the roads and a highway it was by. There usually was a gate around the school it was gone to. There was no noise at all and a calm wind. All the nasty surroundings and landscape had been replaced by a beautiful grass field and in the distance there were a bunch of trees surrounding the field. I looked up and the sky was a light gray with clouds. It was daylight but the sun was nowhere to be seen. There was one wall that lead to the school but it had two doors. So, there were two (very long) lines of students they seemed to spread out forever. For some reason I knew that the lines had two different meanings (or rather the doors had two different meanings). All the students were different, short, tall, wearing different clothes. So, there were no noticeable differences in the two lines. there were no adults until you got to the very front of the lines I was close enough see everything but to far away to be helped anytime soon. (At the moment I am in the line to the right.) I start to stare off into space, as I do very often dreaming or not. A couple seconds later (or what felt like a couple seconds) I am at the front of the line! But for some reason I am now in the left line? I am a couple people away from being helped! I start talking to a girl behind me I feel like I know her in a way. I have forgotten what we talked about, but, I know it was a nice conversation. Okay Im next in line and this is what I see. At the very front of the lines there are two concrete squares right in front off the school. There is one for each line. Mine (the one for the left line says pass in small letters and under it it says 12 very big) it actually could have said 112 too but I know it was one of those. the 12 had the real meaning if that makes sense. At the front of the right line the cement square reads pass (again in small letters) and a big 18 (or 118) underneath it. I look up and there is a guy standing in front of that one (I was kind of attracted to him to if that makes a difference) suddenly I notice a man (an adult sort of like a teacher or authority in a way) I knew instantly he was in charge. He was standing at the very front of the lines but in between the two. Okay done describing. Suddenly he is rushing us because we have to hurry or something. He wants all of us to step on our designated square. (I don't know if the numbers change for each person or not they could have, all I know is my number 12 and the guy next to me 18) We are now in such a hurry that I kind of jump over my square in a way (on accident) but I think my foot might have brushed it. The one man in charge is in panic for everyone too hurry and right after I pass the square he lightly grabs my arm (he mans no harm) and asks "Pass 12?" and I don't know what to say so I kinda nod and say "uhh, yeah sure." He then looked at me funny. But, by now it doesn't matter because I just entered the school. (it look different than it did when i went there) First you have to duck under this large wall thing that came down from the ceiling The girl in front of me tried to slide under and look cool but she ended up hitting her head hard. She looked pissed but then took her time to crawl under it. The I crawled under it. behind that wall there was another line this one way shorter leading to a door (i think it had a number on it but i couldn't read it). There also could have been other small lines leading to different doors, i'm not sure though. This line was weird though because everyone sat down to wait in the line. I see the girl I was talking to outside and for some reason she is in front of me. For some reason I start to get a weird feeling like I don't belong there and I never should have saw any of it. I think the others are thinking the same thing. They look annoyed by my presence. I can't tell if the girl I had talked to before was annoyed or not. She still smiled at me but it seemed fake now. The line starts to move a bit so we all scoot up a little. For some reason I spot a hair on my lap on my clothes I grab it off my clothes and drop it on the ground next to me. it blocked one girls path so I moved it with my toe and said sorry. The line starts to move a little more. But now all most everyone looks mad at me for being there I am next to the door when suddenly my presence is forced away and I wake up. Sorry it's so long but I really want help figuring out what it means. I wish I could have seen what was behind that door. By the way, i'm not sure if I saw that one guy I was attracted to again or not pass the squares. I just know that my presence in this place was weird, like I shouldn't have been there. I should also note that this dream felt eerie but, extremely realistic. I could smell the grass outside and feel the light wind around me. I could even kind of feel myself walk. The dream also felt like there was nothing else in the world except this school if that makes sense. Lastly, the dream didn't have a particular emotion, I felt sad, and happy, and scared all at the same time but in a way it mostly felt peaceful (mainly outside).

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 13 MO

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Two Long Lines

Wibbie,
I'm glad you finally made it to the Dream Forum. I wont promise I will provide a perfect answer to your dream but I will tell you what I do provide won't suck. Why? Because although I may not provide an exact explanation to the dream I will provide enough info so you can understand the possibilities of what it is about. No one will ever be able to say 'this is what your dream is about' because only you know you and your dreams are about you. What I will do is help you learn more about yourself.

This is a long dream that requires an even longer explanation. I will break it down into two parts which will require me to provide one part now and the other part later today. I do this not only because it requires along explanation but also to let you digest what I am trying to communicate.

That aside, the first thing you need to do to understand where I am coming from in my analysis is to read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams. It will provide you with the basic concepts of Jungian dream psychology and how dreams function {there is a lot of science to understanding dreams}. The more you know about dreams the better you will understand your dreams.
Note: I have two primary websites on dreams and the links will take you to one or the other.

The second thing you need to understand is dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor {a house in a dream is you-the house is the symbol and the metaphor is it is you/same as}. Also dreams have at least two meanings/applications. Often one application focuses more on recent waking life experiences and the other focuses on deeper psychological issues. I'll explain this as I give my analysis.

To your dream. It may not be a surprise to anyone reading your dream but the dream is about your school. But not just the school you attended but the school of life. School is something that you are focused on {The school is placed in the middle of town. The first would be a conscious focus, something you are aware of. The second would be an unconscious focus, something you likely are not aware of. I'll point to both in my interpretation and provide explanations to some of the symbols. I won't break down all the symbols {and actions} but the important ones I will try to explain.

OK, let's tackle the dream. The first part of the dream usually points to what the emotional conflict is the dream is trying to communicate {dreams are about the emotions, your dreams about your emotions}. You dream starts out with the statement, "I was at this school for some reason, and it wasn't to go to school either." The sentiment in this statement is 'you are at school and don't want to be' {for some reason}'. But it is not just a regular school {it wasn't just to go to a 'real' school}. The last part is about deeper emotions about your life 'of life' as well as having to attend a real school. Apparently there is something about your life you don't like either {because the same statement applies to the same emotion}. You don't like this school, you probably don't like school to begin with and there is something about your life you don't like either. Remember, the school is you and the emotions that go with it. In waking life the emotions are 'you don't like school'. The school being a part of you would be 'you don't like some parts of yourself or your life'. In other words there are things about both you don't like. This will be the basis, focus and setting for the rest of the dream.

OK, again, the school is you, you are the school. Everywhere you see the word school insert yourself in place of it. That will help with some of the meaning/intent of the dream, although understanding the other symbols will be more direct in what it is about the 'school' you don't like as well as the path you are taking in having to live with this 'school' {hallways are symbolic of connections to other emotions and attitudes}.

The town is also you {there can be many symbols in a dream that represent the dreamer-cars, boats, animals, etc}. It would be your whole self whereas the school would be one emotional issue +++your life {two when you consider both applications}. In this instance your whole self is 'surrounded' by the emotions involving the 'school'. But there are no roads and the highway is gone. This is telling you there is something missing that would normally lead you to other places. There is no path to those places, you are so isolated on the school issue

2+ {and may have feelings of isolation in your waking life}. But since there is no gate there is an 'opening' to understand why this is so {the intent of our dreams is to reveal the emotions involved so we can understand them as well as resolve them}. Unconsciously, through the dream, and because you are taking time to understand the dream, you are at that place you had rather be {your perfect place in the dreamworld}.
Wibbie,
I'm glad you finally made it to the Dream Forum. I wont promise I will provide a perfect answer to your dream but I will tell you what I do provide won't suck. Why? Because although I may not provide an exact explanation to the dream I will provide enough info so you can understand the possibilities of what it is about. No one will ever be able to say 'this is what your dream is about' because only you know you and your dreams are about you. What I will do is help you learn more about yourself.

That aside, the first thing you need to do to understand where I am coming from in my analysis is to read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams. It will provide you with the basic concepts of Jungian dream psychology and how dreams function {there is a lot of science to understanding dreams}. The more you know about dreams the better you will understand your dreams.
Note: I have two primary websites on dreams and the links will take you to one or the other.

The second thing you need to understand is dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor {a house in a dream is you-the house is the symbol and the metaphor is it is you/same as}. Also dreams have at least two meanings/applications. Often one application focuses more on recent waking life experiences and the other focuses on deeper psychological issues. I'll explain this as I give my analysis.

To your dream. It may not be a surprise to anyone reading your dream but the dream is about your school. But not just the school you attended but the school of life. School is something that you are focused on {The school is placed in the middle of town. The first would be a conscious focus, something you are aware of. The second would be an unconscious focus, something you likely are not aware of. I'll point to both in my interpretation and provide explanations to some of the symbols. I won't break down all the symbols {and actions} but the important ones I will try to explain.

OK, let's tackle the dream. The first part of the dream usually points to what the emotional conflict is the dream is trying to communicate {dreams are about the emotions, your dreams about your emotions}. You dream starts out with the statement, "I was at this school for some reason, and it wasn't to go to school either." The sentiment in this statement is 'you are at school and don't want to be' {for some reason}'. But it is not just a regular school {it wasn't just to go to a 'real' school}. The last part is about deeper emotions about your life 'of life' as well as having to attend a real school. Apparently there is something about your life you don't like either {because the same statement applies to the same emotion}. You don't like this school, you probably don't like school to begin with and there is something about your life you don't like either. Remember, the school is you and the emotions that go with it. In waking life the emotions are 'you don't like school'. The school being a part of you would be 'you don't like some parts of yourself or your life'. In other words there are things about both you don't like. This will be the basis, focus and setting for the rest of the dream.

OK, again for good measure I repeat, the school is you, you are the school. Everywhere you see the word school insert yourself in place of it. That will help with some of the meaning/intent of the dream, although understanding the other symbols will be more direct in what it is about the 'school' you don't like as well as the path you are taking in having to live with this 'school' {hallways are symbolic of connections to other emotions and attitudes}.

The town is also you {there can be many symbols in a dream that represent the dreamer-cars, boats, animals, etc}. It would be your whole self whereas the school would be one emotional issue +++your life {two when you consider both applications}. In this instance your whole self is 'surrounded' by the emotions involving the 'school'. But there are no roads and the highway is gone. This is telling you there is something missing that would normally lead you to other places. There is no path to those places, you are so isolated on the school issue {and may have feelings of isolation in your waking life}. But since there is no gate there is an 'opening' to understand why this is so {the intent of our dreams is to reveal the emotions involved so we can understand them as well as resolve them}. Unconsciously, through the dream, and because you are taking time to understand the dream, you are at that place you had rather be {your perfect place in the dreamworld}.
Note: Whenever we pay attention to our dreams we are helping in the process of resolving emotions issues, helping with the natural therapeutic intent of dreams. The dream will point to this as a mechanism, if realized and using dreams, will help fully resolve the emotional issues. So many things to consider when analyzing dreams {for which Jung has provided a path to understanding}.

But your conscious is existing in the real world and not the dream world and in your real world the gray and cloudy. It is not so clear as in the unconscious dream world, the perfect world. The dream is addressing both worlds. In the dream world all the nasty surroundings {your actual waking life} is replaced with green fields {positive possibilities} and room for growth {trees in the distance}. There is daylight between these two worlds but as yet no 'sunshine'.

The Two Lines
Dreams and mythology are interlinked because they use the same symbols and metaphors to describe emotional patterns {thus the name of my website Myths-Dreams-Symbols and mydrsy.com which is an abbreviation}. In myth there are always two possibilities for the hero/heroine, two choices in life, two paths. Myths are universal patterns, the whole of a culture or society where the individuals together make up the 'myth' of that culture/society. Everyone is a 'hero/heroine' when they attempt to follow a path where good conquers evil. The evil in mythology is the dragon, or the villain of the vampire. In the individual life it is whatever it is that keeps you from living a balanced, harmonious and happy life. And there is always an emotional aspect to that.

You have a wall/barrier that leads to your 'school' of emotions. There are two ways to get past this way and both involve 'waiting' in line. Are you impatient about this waking school aspect in your life? Unconsciously your dreams is impatiently trying to inform you of the deeper issues, beyond this one school issue in your conscious life. Each door/barrier has a meaning {in one aspect to do with the two doors it would be about the waking school issue and the unconscious deeper issues}. But there is likely another application to the two doors. It would involve choices, perhaps something you are consciously aware of or it be unconscious.

Is there any aspect in your current waking life where there are choices to be made? two choices to choose from? It could involve staying in school and 'waiting it out' or not staying in school. Is that a choice you are facing/considering? Unconsciously you know what the right thing is to do {the hero/heroine makes the right choices} but consciously you may not have made the final choice.

The students in the dream will be aspects of yourself as well as actual waking life acquaintances {in actuality this is a true description of students in a school}. So we will focus on them as parts of yourself, representing the many different aspects of emotions you feel within you. If you get to know yourself you will have an easier time getting to know the students at this school you do not like. Or any school if schools are a problem with you in general.

There are no adults. Is that true in your waking life, no measure of guidance, acceptance and love? This would involve the deeper issues, the school of life. And this would point to why you feel as you do about schools. There is always an underlying reason for what we do and feel. Early childhood experiences/influences are what make us who we are. We imitate what we see and learn and if we do not get the love and acceptance in early life from parents, that is a big wall to climb over.

The line on the right would be your conscious world. In mythology the right is always society, being told what to do. The hero/heroine is always fighting against society {the machine in Star Wars lingo}. This is the line where there is 'no help' {the deeper issues}. In this line you do a lot of dreaming which is where you find the perfect place that is not available in your waking life {this is why you star off into space. The dream is inner space}. When you do this you put yourself at the front of the line because you have switched lines and are not letting 'society' dictate how to live.
Here I believe the dream is addressing personality issues, self confidence. When you stare off into space you remove yourself from reality. You enter into the world of knowledge that is only found in your dreams. This is where you find help {psychologically}. There is the two again {couple} which suggests the dream is addressing both the waking issues as well as the deeper unconscious issues. When you take time to work with your dreams you get closer to resolving both issues.

The girl behind you is that unconscious aspect of yourself. She is you {again the application of symbols representing the dreamer}. You know her in a way {unconscious} because she is you. She is you in your dreams and anytime you have a dialog with that person you are speaking with your true self. Dreams are all about the true self and not just the ego self that lives in the conscious world. Your true feelings, your true emotions, the way you really feel about yourself and the world around you.

I will continue with my analysis later today.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

Re: Two Long Lines

Wibbie,
I won't go in great detail with the rest of the dream as I did in my first response but instead provide a synopsis of what I see in the dream.

The two concrete squares are your search for wholeness {anything square is usually a symbol for wholeness/resolution of conflicts in the dreamer's life}. It has four equal sides and the number 4 in Jungian psyche is the number for wholeness.

The number 12 is how many years you attend school. Numbers in dreams also have deeper meanings with the number 12 equal to 3 which represents either wholeness in the traditional sense {trinity} or in Jungian concepts one step short of true wholeness {4}.

The number 18 would represent the age you would normally finish school as well as the age most think of the age of independence from parents. These two concrete squares are the barriers you are trying to reconcile. Being underneath it means you have bot reached that point in life.

The man in-between the two lines may be addressing a real male in your life who is in control {your father}. It could also represent masculine aspects, your animus. On one hand you must live with the control masculine figure until you are 18. On the other it will take a strong will and fortitude {masculine qualities} to survive until then {age 18}. You are in a hurry to reach that age in life.

You are in the school may suggest you are consciously as well as unconsciously {posting your dream for interpretation} aware of this 'learning' experience in which you are now engaged. Hitting the head {the girl in front of you is you in one application} is the thinking process. You have to begin thinking about these things before you can successfully 'crawl' under the wall {barrier}.

Once you have begun to understand the what these dream symbols mean {through the interpretation of your dream} you better able to understand what is going on in your 'head' psychologically and the second line is not as long or difficult {this applies to the deeper aspects-there may be waking experiences that fit somewhere also}. By understand these psychological aspects you are able to learn to 'wait' instead of hurry. By learning not to be impatient you will be able to move forward in life, albeit slowly {scooting}. You want to know what the future holds if you should be able to endure {whats behind the door} but the path your on {impatience} it can only be a wish that will not come true.

The various emotions in the dream reflect your emotions in life. One day happy {the strength of being a teenager}, one day sad and scared.

Summary
The dream is about your difficulties with school, Not only the literal school you attend {or attended} but also the school of life. You don't lime either one. You want to get away from both, the 12 years of attending school and being 18 so you can legally be on your on. But I get the sense what the dream is telling you is to learn to be patient and not do anything rash at he age of 13. Are you considering such things? If there are real problems at home {abuse} then that is one thing. But if it is merely a strict or hardly bearable situation, that is another, you need to stick it out. As for school, without an education you will make the same income at the age of 35 as you would be at 13. Do you want that? There are most likely personal experiences that fit with the symbols but only you can know what those are. I can only see the outline of what the psychological conflicts are. Let me know what you think about my analysis and perhaps we will be able to better understand other aspects of the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present