Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Common Themes in my Dreams

Crossel,
I don't know from what you posted I can interpret. Some are logical 'can not, others are logical 'what if'. Most seem to be statements about your life. Some things you have problems with in understanding, other things you need to learn to accept and move on. Sorry, I interpret dreams. You need to 'learn to drive' so you are able to answer these questions for yourself.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

I'll explain a few of them in detail, then.

I am usually at least semi-lucid in my dreams every-day, at least in the ones I can remember. In these dreams, I usually try to gain power and freedom, usually by trying to shapeshift into a dragon or some similar powerful creature, or at least be able to fly. Or maybe I'm just a fan of the idea of shape-shifting.

Flying isn't that easy though. It's difficult to levitate higher than an average car's height (1), which can be worrying when I'm attempting to "fly" across a busy road. And if I can barely fly, turning into a menacing dragon is harder.

Breathing fire (2) is usually the hardest type of task. I usually just end up going "Graaagh!" like a silly fool when I try, but it does work out on occasion. Of course, fireballs and small streams of flame are more common than massive fire blasts. Easier to manage, though less desirable.

"Waking up" in my own bed-room is a common occurrence.
(3)However, in dreams, waking up in my own room is rarely a comfortable experience. There's just something.. menacing about the place. I just feel the need to escape. An alternative is that there is someone threatening in the house, and it's not uncommon that that someone is one or both of my parents. Or a serial killer. Thus, the need to escape. I live on a high floor in an apartment, so the quickest route is usually by jumping out. There are several places in my apartment that have windows facing directly outside, so I try using those, if I can. They are sometimes locked though, so I may need to find other alternatives. Most of them have grills, so undoing them can be a scary experience especially when the "threat" is rapidly approaching. I usually try to be outside before they realize what's happening.
(In case you're wondering whether the common theme of wanting to jump out windows in a high-rise apartment is worrying, I don't feel the need to do so when I'm awake. Once I am truly awake, I can tell. I just.. know.)

If windows don't work, I try to run out the front door, usually having to find the keys first. Hassling to get that lock open is also a very scary experience when something is on your trail. The "threat" is usually aware of my motives at this point, and may be actively pursuing me to stop, or hurt me. Once the door is open, I run for the nearby opening in the corridor that leads outside, and make my exit.

The rarest occasion is me confronting the threat with teeth bared. I usually imagine myself intentionally turning into a dragon-like humanoid (sharp teeth, big claws, tough scaly hide), or if I'm lucky, a menacing dragon. That latter situation happened once. I'm quite proud.
"My house exploded in a burst of flame as my grand, mighty crimson form spread it's wings and circled the charred ruins of it's former abode. It scorched the ruins repeatedly with powerful surges of flame to ensure the foe is truly destroyed, then flew of in search of new lands."
(If you're pondering about the cruelty involved in blowing up an apartment complex which involve the destruction of many innocent lives, only my room was destroyed in that scenario. Of course, repairs can be expensive. Ah.. such things like morality and logic can be dampened in dreams at times..)

Something so perfect only happened once though. Fighting is usually a lot more troublesome in this situation, as attempts to hit are usually dampered, as if my claws and the foe are two similar sides of a magnet. I do realize it's a common thing in dreams, and are usually annoyed when it happens. I then try ranged attacks (fire), intimidation (transformation/snarling) or fleeing.

Background: I spend most of the time at home, and don't have much freedom to go out. I am an only child, so my parents tend to keep me.. sheltered.

I have a method of confirming that I'm dreaming when I "wake up" in my room. I try levitating. Jump and try not to touch the ground again. That's pretty much my most reliable "token".

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19, Malaysia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Crossel,
Just as with any other dream you need to take the images and see what their symbolic reference relates to. Why can't you levitate only a short height? What keeps you from going higher? That may point to emotional responses in your psyche that addresses actual personal limitations. breathing fire. What could the fire image represent {consult the Dream Dictionaries for possibilities}? What is menacing about 'yourself' that prevents you from feeling comfortable in your own room? All images in dreams are symbolic references to your psychological state of being. They are metaphors, the room is one part of your psyche {one room among may in the house/you}. If windows don't work it may suggest there is something within your unconscious your conscious ego doesn't want to open up to {repressing past negative experiences}. These issues probably have to do with your 'sheltered' life, the emotional aspects to do with that and the relationship with your parents. Your dreams are trying to communicate whatever emotional conflicts you have about your life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Host Dream Forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present